Sign in to follow this  
abrams_tank

How is everyone's performance and FPS so far?

41 minutes ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

Fixed my stuttering, I set the rolling cache to 100 GB on a separate M.2 drive..... this this is visually stunning! 

So having the cache on a drive other than the one that the sim runs from has removed your stutters? As the sim is utilising multiple cores that would make sense.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, evaamo said:

9900k Oc'ed to 5.0 / 64GB 3600Mhz / 2080Ti - running on Ultra at 4k.

So far... 30-40fps... down to 25fps. So far haven't tried airliners nor dense cities.

It has felt smooth so far.

Well try airliners and city and there you go, high end rig and sub 20 FPS.

-

Currently giving X-Plane 12.10 a spin on Shadow PC. 10 years with X-Plane now, since 10.20

6 minutes ago, 2reds2whites said:

Set the visuals, clouds, autogen density to achieve the same fidelity as MSFS and you know that's not true.

Perf. in XP is stable and retracable. Here, it's all over the place and sluggish. While the tech can't be compared (autogen, clouds), XP11.50 at least is fair and clear, while we are all just poking FS2020 with a stick, having no idea whats going on.

-

Currently giving X-Plane 12.10 a spin on Shadow PC. 10 years with X-Plane now, since 10.20

1 minute ago, Colonel X said:

Perf. in XP is stable and retracable. Here, it's all over the place and sluggish. While the tech can't be compared (autogen, clouds), XP11.50 at least is fair and clear, while we are all just poking FS2020 with a stick, having no idea whats going on.

In that case I could say that MSFS performs worse than Flight Simulator 95.

If you can't compare visual fidelity, and have no idea how the settings work, you can't make any comparison.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Colonel X said:

I will try this. It doesn't make much sense though.

It's really funny in this forum, people are so used to the sluggish perf. of P3D, they seem so easy to impress... coming from X-Plane, thr raw performance of FS20 is just a world of pain.

I am an xplane user, so I am used to the smoothness of Vulkan. This isn't far off now. 

27 minutes ago, EmaRacing said:

How do you do that?

Go to options, data, and then at the bottom you can manually set the cache, and even store whole areas offline.  video here:-

• Like 1

Really happy with the performance I'm getting so far.

3900x,32gb ram with MSI Gaming X 1070.

High preset with one change to Ultra clouds @1440p

Getting solid 30-40fps round most areas using GA aircraft - this will do nicely until I get my hands on a 3080ti/3090 

Ryzen 5900x - 32gb 3600Mhz RAM - Asus Strix X570-F Motherboard - ASUS TUF OC RTX 3090 - AOC AGON 32" 144Hz - LG OLED55CX5LB 55" Smart 4K Ultra HD HDR OLED - 1TB Sabrent Rocket M.2 + 2TB PCIe4.0 NVMe drive's - Samsung EVO 670 SSD 250gb - 2TB 3.5" HDD - Honeycomb Alpha Flight controls Yoke - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog. T Flight Rudder Pedals - Trackir

I am not happy. Sitting at default LOWI, some users online around me, and I am getting around 23fps or lower. Very bad.

Specs are 6700K @ 4.8Ghz, 1080TI with 11GB VRAM, 32GB RAM, SSD/NVME combo only, and resolution: 2560x1440.

13 hours ago, HiFlyer said:

Here. I might as well share it, though the fun is gone. Have at it people. I thought some might be interested in seeing how the cores and etc responded as the plane went through its paces. 

Nice video. Thanks for sharing.

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe

1 hour ago, Colonel X said:

Posters seem to think otherwise on the xplane.org 11.5 Beta forums...  Seems the grass is always greener no matter what field you're standing in.

Stutters are now terrible.

Howard

Jetline Systems: Intel 8th Gen Core i7 8700K (4.8GHz Overclock); GTX 1080 Ti; LG Curved UltraWide 3440x1440 Monitor

Very good in my end

Settings between High-Ultra. Running on 1440p

i9-9900

32gb RAM

RTX2080

On very densed areas with storm and with Airbus or 787 (30-35fps) and apart from that 45fps average I can say or even more

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

After two days of testing one thing is clear. Take an airliner, go to a big hub, and performance will be ABSOLUTELY TERRIBLE. It doesn't even matter if LOW (28FPS) or ULTRA (21FPS) the sim just crawles at, for example, LAX (07L). Really don't see how this should work as a 'platform'. And that is after turning AI off, on a 1080ti... Asobo seems to have failed in some way managing the load - it works nicely in rural areas, but it all seems to fall apart once things heat up.

-

Why are my stutters so much worse now than they were when I first started playing earlier this afternoon? 

almost unplayable now on med settings. Earlier I was smooth on high settings 

11 minutes ago, Colonel X said:

Take an airliner, go to a big hub, and performance will be ABSOLUTELY TERRIBLE. It doesn't even matter if LOW (28FPS) or ULTRA (21FPS) the sim just crawles at, for example, LAX (07L).

Do you notice a performance difference between a hand crafted airport and a default one?

Is there any difference if you are flying from an airport multiple times - as in the scenery is already stored in your cache rather than it having to download everything from the server?