Sign in to follow this  
abrams_tank

How is everyone's performance and FPS so far?

13 hours ago, Sethos said:

Running real smooth here (60FPS locked with RTSS) during all my VFR flights around Denmark and Germany. I did disable multiplayer and traffic, I hear that has caused some issues for some people. 

Specs in signature. 

May I ask if you have tied different combos of framelimiting settings ?

I notice you can lock in the SIM as well.

Wondering why you went with external limiter.

In P3D we had Unlimited set in SIM... and monitor set to 30. Nvidia inspector wouldn't do half refresh at 3, and fixing at 30 was stuttery.

Cheers.

EDIT. It appears that half refresh rate didn't work in P3D as it is not proper exclusive full screen. I am assuming FS2020 can be set to Ex Full and thus it should work. And of course it is usually the smoothest way to limit to 30 FPS... Which is probably useful in urban areas/airliners.

See here: https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/551777-does-12-refresh-rate-work/page/2/

Edited by Gabe777

2 minutes ago, Gabe777 said:

May I ask if you have tied different combos of framelimiting settings ?

I notice you can lock in the SIM as well.

Wondering why you went with external limiter.

In P3D we had Unlimited set in SIM... and monitor set to 30. Nvidia inspector wouldn't do half refresh at 3, and fixing at 30 was stuttery.

Cheers.

Unfortunately, the internal limiter is tied to having Vsync enabled and doesn't allowed for a specific number, which diminishes its usefulness. So I just went straight for RTSS which I know works, I always have running and allows me to adjust on-the-go (unlike Nvidia's option). Sim is currently smoother than anything I ever experienced in P3D, even at the 30Hz Vsync combo.

• Upvote 1

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

18 hours ago, atlflyer said:

OK. Sounds good. Thnx for the info.👍

Edited by Gabe777

Just did a 3 hour flight from Washington Dulles, (KIAD) past Baltimore, Philadelphia, Manhattan, into Connecticut in the Beechcraft Bonanza.  This is an area that I had built extensive orthos and a lot of work with World2Xplane as it follows an area I used to drive a lot when I was younger and is a bit nostalgic to me, which is why I spent time with it in xplane.  Now, I really wanted to see what I'd get out of the box with MSFS.  I set it to an early morning flight and it was stunning the entire way.  Areas that used photogrametry were really nice, esp at about 1000' up - could recognize tons of real buildings that I knew, and could read the logo's on department stores, etc.  Was really smooth the entire way, including past Manhattan.  I had every setting maxed and was running at 120% resolution at 3440x1440 (I posted my specs earlier).

My biggest takeaway was that while there was the occasion stutter or minor hiccup here and there, it never detracted from the experience.  I flew WITHOUT a meter up just to see how it felt rather than worrying about the numbers.  If I had to guess it probably varied between 50's at best and mid to high 20's at worst.

Those who are feeling angst on the whole frame rate issue owe themselves a flight or two without looking at a meter.  This one really surprised me.  Who knows, you might find it just doesn't matter as  much as you might think, especially with the beautiful visuals this thing can give.

My 2 cents...

Edited by VFXSimmer
typo & wording
  • Like 6

12 hours ago, carmined said:

You can press WIN+G for the Game bar then you can see stats, record etc..

Any advice on using Game Bar ? I've always had it turned off running Steam games just to minimise junk running in the background.

Is it worth having on, or even... is it required ?

Thnx.

12 hours ago, HiFlyer said:

Eh,

HjtYdJ.jpg

Holy schmoly.... Finally a SIM that actually uses all that expensive RAM !

GLAD I upgraded to 32. But it was never used in XP. Nowhere near.

It's looking like this is a more optimised platform, "spreading the love" between the components. Bodes well for the future.

Edited by Gabe777
  • Like 3

How did you get those performance stats on screen, is that the developer mode?

Man, hard on Frames. I just did about 15 minutes around NY on the Airbus.  Looks beautiful but hard fps.  🤔

Then went to KSEZ on the Caravan, and that thing danced like bubble-head on steroids.   hahaha. 

I need to setup all my controllers and map them correctly.  I'm sure it will be fine. 

Edited by joemiller

Just finished installation and tried a simple flight.

A stupid question:  How can I show the frame rate?

12700K@5.1Ghz, ASUS TUF GAMING Z690-PLUS WIFI D4, Noctua NH-U12S, G.SKILL 32GB Kit F4-3600C16D-32GTZNC Trident Z Neo RGB DDR4 3600MHz, SanDisk Extreme Pro SSD 1TB, Gigabyte RTX 1080 Ti, Cooler Master V750 Gold 750W PSU, Win10 Pro, Dell 24" 2408WFP 1920x1200 30 frames vSync to 60Hz, Fulcrum One Yoke,  MFG Crosswind V2 rudder pedal, Saitek Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Multi Panel, DIY Cessna 172 Radio stack (via Arduino/MobiFlight), Air manager V4 on 10" 1920x1080 monitor

35 minutes ago, revporl said:

Yes

CPU Intel Core i9 13900K, GPU :RTX 4090 FE, RAM : Corsair Vengeance DDR5 32GB@6000MHz, SSD : Samsung 990 Pro 2TB NVMe M2, Monitor : Asus PG42 UQ

35 minutes ago, revporl said:

it's part of the RivaTuner stats server (RTSS)

EASA PPL SEPL ( NQ , EFIS, Variable Pitch, SLPC, Retractable undercarriage)
B23 / PA32R / PA28 / DA40NG+tdi / C172S 

MSFS | X-Plane 12 |

I honestly am so shocked at how good performance is on my system! I don't know what I was expecting TBH, but my jaw nearly hit the floor when I was flying 400ft over downtown San Francisco in the 787 on the high-end preset. Not a single stutter, just butter 🧈

Jesse Casserly 👌🏼

Add me as a friend to go fly on MSFS: JesseC757

https://www.youtube.com/user/JesseCasserly757

💻 i7-10750H 2.6 GHz / 5.0 GHz, 16GB DDR4, 512GB SSD, 1TB HDD, RTX 2080 Super

Saitek X-56 HOTAS

19 minutes ago, KKLEE said:

Just finished installation and tried a simple flight.

A stupid question:  How can I show the frame rate?

You can also do via the invida control panel I believe.

Simon