Sign in to follow this  
Colonel X

Take note, this sim is not ready for flying airliners.

I don't see these stutters that you're talking about.

• Like 1

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

7 minutes ago, Chock said:

Incidentally, that spin it entered after stalling when rolling inverted, was unrecoverable. I tried to roll it back the right way off the PFD, but it oversped in the dive, and since I have it on full realism, it over-stressed the airframe and game over.

Great story but we'd appreciate if you'd help keeping this thread on topic.

• Like 1

-

Belligerent X-Plane 12 enthusiast on Apple M1 Max 64GB

I flew the Baron 58 on a test run from KBKL to KLHQ. I noticed a few issues (bugs?) while flying.

First, when I engaged the AP using VOR NAV1, the AP immediate began a sharp roll to the left and almost ended the game had I not pulled out of the roll / dive in time. This was after I had already manually aligned to the VOR radial, so it shouldn't of had to adjust the plane much. I tried this multiple times, but the AP continued to roll sharp left. Not sure if this is a bug or just user error. I noticed when I clicked on NAV under the AP settings, it went from VOR to ROLL.  Not sure what all that means, but either setting resulted in a steep roll to the left.

Second, I used the ATC in flight following on my way down. I would not get notified when I left the air space, just a notification that I had not responded to ATC's instructions that I left the air space. That's certainly a bug.

Anyway, my performance was not consistent. There were times when I was flying at 30+ FPS and other times when FPS would drop to below 10. I turned off AI traffic, and that seemed to help a little, but still FPS were all over the place on the recommended HIGH graphic settings.

BTW, I'm running Intel i5-7500 @ 3.4GHz, 16GM Memory, NVidia GTX 1060 6GB at 1920 x 1080. My CPU was maxed out most of my flight, while my GPU and memory weren't close to max. So, clearly my bottleneck was my CPU.

Edited by N9718
  • Upvote 1

FSX Gold SP2 (FSGen + GEX + UTX + REX) --- XP10 / XP11 --- MSFS 2020

Intel i5-7500 CPU @ 3.40GHz / 16GB / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 12GB

Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo / MFG Crosswind v3

7 minutes ago, Colonel X said:

Great story but we'd appreciate if you'd help keeping this thread on topic.

Everything in my post was related to flying airliners, which is the topic of this thread. So, here's a suggestion: Why don't you actually try reading the content of a post, before objecting to it? And whilst you're at it, lose the condescending attitude.

Edited by Chock
  • Like 6
  • Upvote 2

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

1 hour ago, Colonel X said:

After a day of testing, I came to the conclusion that the sim is at best in beta state when it comes to flying the included airliners. There are so many stutters / pauses at larger hubs, I don't know where to start. It doesn't have to do with settings, I lowered all of them for testing purposes. It's a hot mess at this point. Of course the included airliners were expected to be nothing to write home about to start with, but just to make that clear, the default 737 in XP11 is an order of magnitude better in all respects.

It will take a lot of patches to make this an enjoyable experience for flying airliners. In this state, it's a clear AVOID.

Just for reference, I am running a 9900K with a OC 1080ti, 16GB of RAM, fresh Windows 10. But as I stated above, these stutters and overall slugishness isn't cured by lowering settings. 

Do you still get the stutters turning down all graphical settings to the lowest they can go, and turning off AI? Have you also checked your CPU / GPU temps to make sure they aren't running hot? Did you disable all other background software, overlays, etc?

I get that. But having everything "related to flying airliners" in this topic, would make it a serious clusterfu. - the talking point here is technical issues related to performance. That the default airliners each have a bucket full of bugs and behave weird, well, at least for me that came expected. They just bit off a much to large chunk, and then MS pressured them for a summer release.

-

1 hour ago, 2reds2whites said:

"X-Plane advocate and expert (hardware, rendering settings, datarefs, tweaks, ect.). When I am not posting I am probably banned at the moment. Usually for advocating X-Plane in the P3D forum, my guilty little pleasure."

From his own profile.

He's a troll folks. Move on.

That's an unreasonable assumption. Just because someone is an advocate of something it doesn't make them a troll. A troll is someone who wishes to gratuitously create conflict for the sake of it. I don't see any trolling element in the poster's sentences.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 2

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

I think this is fully ready for airliners. 

9900k@5GHz, 32GB@3200 RAM, Strix RTX 2080ti, VKB Gladiator mkii, VKB rudder pedals 

33 minutes ago, captain420 said:

I have no problems and I'm running in 4K on high settings.

we have almost same hardware 🙂 nice , 

Latest drivers ? 

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

3 minutes ago, robert young said:

That's an unreasonable assumption. Just because someone is an advocate of something it doesn't make them a troll. A troll is someone who wishes to gratuitously create conflict for the sake of it. I don't see any trolling element in the poster's sentences.

He states outright that he’s often banned for advocating xplane in other forums as a guilty pleasure. I think it’s fair to assume he’s not doing it out of the goodness of his heart, unless you think the mods are wrong?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, goreckm said:

Do you still get the stutters turning down all graphical settings to the lowest they can go, and turning off AI? Have you also checked your CPU / GPU temps to make sure they aren't running hot? Did you disable all other background software, overlays, etc?

CPU/GPU temps are fine, and there's nothing running in the background. I'm no noob to this. Turning off AI is the first thing I did, as many ppl stated it helps. I didn't turn "everything to the lowest" though, if I want a bad looking sim running with 100FPS, I'd install FSX (and still get stutters). My point is, I lowered every setting reasonably and checked it's impact. There is no impact, of course FPS goes up, but the stutters and pauses remain.

-

1 minute ago, 2reds2whites said:

He states outright that he’s often banned for advocating xplane in other forums as a guilty pleasure. I think it’s fair to assume he’s not doing it out of the goodness of his heart, unless you think the mods are wrong?

"Other forums" - that was strictly P3D, and it was deserved. I also did my time.

I want to enjoy FS2020 as much as everybody else here.

-

46 minutes ago, Colonel X said:

Sure. It never even came close to filling my 16GB (11GB at most). Also VRAM is usually utilized less than 50%.

Some YT reviewers were showing as much as 21GB usage...

• Upvote 1

Specs: 10900k at 5.0GHZ, 2080ti, 32GB 3600mhz, 3440x1440 34” ultra wide.
Custom loop so temps don’t break 55c on cpu and 45c on gpu

FPS, At KLAX in A320 I get 20-28FPS on Ultra and turning it down to High or Medium does nothing.
All AI traffic turned off etc.

Plus this sim only looks decent down at 5000ft or less. Once you get above that the LOD sucks big time even with 1GB internet so I should have no issues

Edited by Mroberts95
  • Like 1

Mark Roberts 

I9 13900k @ 5.7GHZ | 64GB DDR5 5600 Ram | ASUS Strix 4090 @ 3.0GHZ | ROG ASUS Hero Z790 | 2x 2TB M.2  | Lian LI Dynamic XL ROG Case | Hotas Warthog Joystick and Throttle, Crosswind Rudder Pedals | Corsair Nightblade | K95 RGB|  | LG 28" 4k, Dell 34" AW3420DW Ultrawide| Windows 10 Pro | MSFS2020 | Custom Water Loop |

Just now, Mroberts95 said:
Specs: 10900k at 5.0GHZ, 2080ti, 32GB 3600mhz, 3440x1440 34” ultra wide.
Custom loop so temps don’t break 55c on cpu and 45c on gpu

FPS, At KLAX in A320 I get 20-28FPS on Ultra and turning it down to High or Medium does nothing.
All AI traffic turned off etc.

Pretty much the same here.... only difference is mine a 9900KS 5GHZ and res is 3840*1600 38 ultrawide