Sign in to follow this  
Colonel X

Take note, this sim is not ready for flying airliners.

I suggest that they change the name of active pause to 'engage insane behaviour pause' 🤣

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

1 hour ago, Colonel X said:

It's just that some people either do not recognise these stutters, or they ignore them.

Well, you're arguably running one of the best systems money can buy these days. Of course you get high performance. You're still getting the same stutters as everyone else. 

How do you know he's getting stutters? I'm not getting any and I'm running 4k on high settings 

2 hours ago, Boby said:

Its not meant for hardcore simmers. Its meant for console players using a joypad shouting: "look mom, im a real pilot" while they loop a 747. 

Want to have proper physics and navigation, go DCS

I love DCS but proper navigation and DCS are not something that I would use in the same sentence. Systems depth is amazing of course

Also if you REALLY want proper edge case aerodynamics, try the latest version of IL2.

• Like 1

FSX | DCS | X-Plane 11 | MSFS 2020 | IL2:BoX

Favorite aircraft currently: MSFS Savage Cub

2 hours ago, Colonel X said:

Sure. It never even came close to filling my 16GB (11GB at most). Also VRAM is usually utilized less than 50%.

That's not how memory utilization works. The more RAM you have, the more aggressive Windows and apps will be to allocate memory

FSX | DCS | X-Plane 11 | MSFS 2020 | IL2:BoX

Favorite aircraft currently: MSFS Savage Cub

2 hours ago, Boby said:

Its not meant for hardcore simmers. Its meant for console players using a joypad shouting: "look mom, im a real pilot" while they loop a 747. 

Want to have proper physics and navigation, go DCS

I don't even think you can loop the 747 in this. I think the ailerons lose authority once you knife-edge, and you just nose over and overstress the airframe / end the simulation. The bare bones aerodynamics in the default aircraft are still beyond the fidelity of other sims.

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

23 minutes ago, Chock said:

I suggest that they change the name of active pause to 'engage insane behaviour pause' 🤣

Lol, also wheres that video you promised? 😁

14 minutes ago, Slides said:

I love DCS but proper navigation and DCS are not something that I would use in the same sentence. Systems depth is amazing of course

Also if you REALLY want proper edge case aerodynamics, try the latest version of IL2.

Exactly however I love the F-14 🙂

• Like 1

André

5 minutes ago, Lotharen said:

Lol, also wheres that video you promised? 😁

On the way, good things take time. I'm not one of those 'bang it out quick to ensure hits on youtube before anyone else, and screw the quality' kind of guys.

• Like 2

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

33 minutes ago, Lange_666 said:

I'm with Colonel X on this.

I had some high hopes when seeing the pre-release video's, but then my hopes took a hugh dive seeing the YT video's of people over the last 2 days. They all have stutter, and most have a lot.

So this morning after some hassle to get the download working, i got a return from the sim that i had a medium system (fair enough): i7 4470K @4,5, GTX180ti, 32GB 2400 Ram, 2560x1440 G-Sync monitor, a few SSD's, 300MBit Internet (rest of the hardware is not that important).

After running the setting where set to overall medium, i had a little run, performance was imho just terrible. Lot's of stutter, big and small. Looked for a way to get at least the FPS to display, went into developer modus and got the ingame data to display.

First thing i noticed was the 100% load on the CPU, everytime it hit the 100%, the FPS figure took a dive. So i played around with the settings a bit:

Game setting LOW: Cessna 152: still stutters but FPS hits 60 here and there but is not very constant. RAM used: 8-9 GB !!! (out of 32GB), VRAM used, 2.5!! (out of 11GB).

On this setting i then lowered the FPS cap to 30. FPS was more constant but even then, still stuttering, short and long but overall a bit smoother. Even less RAM and VRAM was used.

Game setting: ULTRA: Cessna 152: FPS can barely make it to 20, lots of stutter, long and short, not playable at all. But... RAM use: 13GB out of 32, VRAM use: 8 out of 11 available. CPU hits 100% almost constantly.

I wonder: what people with a low end system do?

And oh, i also run DCS, smooth as butter, same res, mix of medium and high settings overall, FPS there is +/- 90 on average.

I'm overall highly dissapointed in the performance, even at everything at low settings (the only thing i'm happy for is that i changed the deluxe pro into a standard, for the moment this sim is wasted money in my eyes)

PS: Colonel X: i feel your pain.

Odd having no issues with my laptop  I7-7700HQ at 3.2ghz (laptop CPU so way less performance than your 4790K) 32GB ram and GTX1070 with 8GB Vram

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

Guys, today for the first time I saw while flying above NYC my RAM usage reaching 19GB and my 1080TI VRAM almost 10.2GB...my i7 9700k at 70%-80% usage and the FPS Locked at 30 with RTSS Scanline/2. At 80% 4K resolution. The rest on ultra except couple of things (reflections med, no bloom, tress and building at high).

Not a single stutter flying the bonanza for about 35 mins..I was happy.

Now, having said that, my experience on the airliners is not that good. It was expected, that’s why I still have my P3DV5 on the other SSD.

Edited by ttbq1

Ramon De Valencia

Intel i9 13900k @ stock / Windows 11 64 bit / 64GB DDR5 5600MHz CL36 RAM / GTX 4090 24GB VRAM / 1000 watt PSU

38 minutes ago, Lange_666 said:

I'm with Colonel X on this.

I had some high hopes when seeing the pre-release video's, but then my hopes took a hugh dive seeing the YT video's of people over the last 2 days. They all have stutter, and most have a lot.

So this morning after some hassle to get the download working, i got a return from the sim that i had a medium system (fair enough): i7 4470K @4,5, GTX180ti, 32GB 2400 Ram, 2560x1440 G-Sync monitor, a few SSD's, 300MBit Internet (rest of the hardware is not that important).

After running the setting where set to overall medium, i had a little run, performance was imho just terrible. Lot's of stutter, big and small. Looked for a way to get at least the FPS to display, went into developer modus and got the ingame data to display.

First thing i noticed was the 100% load on the CPU, everytime it hit the 100%, the FPS figure took a dive. So i played around with the settings a bit:

Game setting LOW: Cessna 152: still stutters but FPS hits 60 here and there but is not very constant. RAM used: 8-9 GB !!! (out of 32GB), VRAM used, 2.5!! (out of 11GB).

On this setting i then lowered the FPS cap to 30. FPS was more constant but even then, still stuttering, short and long but overall a bit smoother. Even less RAM and VRAM was used.

Game setting: ULTRA: Cessna 152: FPS can barely make it to 20, lots of stutter, long and short, not playable at all. But... RAM use: 13GB out of 32, VRAM use: 8 out of 11 available. CPU hits 100% almost constantly.

I wonder: what people with a low end system do?

PS: Colonel X: i feel your pain.

i am on  a below spec machine and i am very very happy with the performance. perfect for bushflying.

its way way better than i expected.

I got rid of the flight plan way points,and went GPS direct,I just flew around RJAA Tokyo,in and out of the clouds and shot the ILS to 16R on Ultra,my frames are now 30 in VC and 60 exterior.

Jim Driscoll, MSI Raider GE76 12UHS-607 17.3" Gaming Laptop Computer - Blue Intel Core i9 12th Gen 12900HK 1.8GHz Processor; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 16GB GDDR6; 64GB DDR5-4800 RAM; Dual M2 2TB Solid State Drives.Driving a Sony KD-50X75, and KDL-48R470B @ 4k 3724x2094,MSFS 2020, 30 FPS on Ultra Settings.

Jorg/Asobo: “Weather is a core part of our simulator, and we will strive to make it as accurate as possible.”Also Jorg/Asobo: “We are going to limit the weather API to rain intensity only.”

10 minutes ago, BIGSKY said:

I got rid of the flight plan way points,and went GPS direct,I just flew around RJAA Tokyo,in and out of the clouds and shot the ILS to 16R on Ultra,my frames are now 30 in VC and 60 exterior.

You're welcome 🙂

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, hangar said:

You're welcome 🙂

Looks like a 3090ti is in my future...

• Like 1

Jim Driscoll, MSI Raider GE76 12UHS-607 17.3" Gaming Laptop Computer - Blue Intel Core i9 12th Gen 12900HK 1.8GHz Processor; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 16GB GDDR6; 64GB DDR5-4800 RAM; Dual M2 2TB Solid State Drives.Driving a Sony KD-50X75, and KDL-48R470B @ 4k 3724x2094,MSFS 2020, 30 FPS on Ultra Settings.

Jorg/Asobo: “Weather is a core part of our simulator, and we will strive to make it as accurate as possible.”Also Jorg/Asobo: “We are going to limit the weather API to rain intensity only.”