Sign in to follow this  
GodAtum

LOWI - handcrafted vs Orbx?

Which is better? I thought the whole point of handcrafted was you didn't need to buy addons?

Edited by GodAtum

You probably mean LOWI, and Orbx is definitely the better looking  scenery, but not worth the money unless you're going to spend a lot of time there IMHO

2 minutes ago, gunther said:

You probably mean LOWI, and Orbx is definitely the better looking  scenery, but not worth the money unless you're going to spend a lot of time there IMHO

yes sorry! be interesting to see screen comparisons and performance.

Edited by GodAtum

Orbx is much better. While MS did mainly only the main terminal orbx did every building 

• Like 1

Lukas Dalton

How come the textures look low quality compared to the default ones?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

anybody else having download/installation issues with ORBX LOWI? Did buy it via the MS Store but always get a CTD when downloading the package within MSFS. Latest MSFS 1.7.12 running.

EDIT seems I am not alone, see https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/199175-orbx-lowi-airport-installation-failure/. Just requested a refund thanks to the link provided over at ORBX

Edited by DAD

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

I asked myself the same question but sadly I could find only one comparison video.

3rd party airports look waay better than the handcrafted ones from Asobo. I don't regret my choice to buy the standard edition as I saved money for game changer addons.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Noooch said:

I asked myself the same question but sadly I could find only one comparison video.

3rd party airports look waay better than the handcrafted ones from Asobo. I don't regret my choice to buy the standard edition as I saved money for game changer addons.

You'll be missing the savage cub though - which is a helicopter-like blast 🙂

Edited by Nate1

1 hour ago, Nate1 said:

You'll be missing the savage cub though - which is a helicopter-like blast 🙂

Its in the standard version.

Roi Ben

2 hours ago, Noooch said:

Exactly my thought and i got the standard too. So far the reviews on the deluxe content showing i was right.

Roi Ben

17 hours ago, DAD said:

EDIT seems I am not alone, see https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/199175-orbx-lowi-airport-installation-failure/. Just requested a refund thanks to the link provided over at ORBX

just FYI that MS approved already yesterday my refund request. Thanks MS, that was faster than expected

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

18 hours ago, Noooch said:

I'm sure they do. But game changers? Not in my opinion. FSX and P3D, even with a world texture enhancer like Orbx Global was hardly eye candy, so back then a highly detailed airport may indeed have been a game changer. I spent literally thousands to prettyfy P3D with 3PD airports and scenery, many of which I didn't land at more than once or twice. But I'm not jumping on that kind of treadmill with MSFS. There's so much to explore in the base sim and the taxi/take-off/landing phases of my flights take so little time by comparison. Any money spent on add-ons from me will (eventually) be (high quality) aircraft only. But each to their own...

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, gunther said:

I'm sure they do. But game changers? Not in my opinion. FSX and P3D, even with a world texture enhancer like Orbx Global was hardly eye candy, so back then a highly detailed airport may indeed have been a game changer. I spent literally thousands to prettyfy P3D with 3PD airports and scenery, many of which I didn't land at more than once or twice. But I'm not jumping on that kind of treadmill with MSFS. There's so much to explore in the base sim and the taxi/take-off/landing phases of my flights take so little time by comparison. Any money spent on add-ons from me will (eventually) be (high quality) aircraft only. But each to their own...

I was in the exact same boat, I couldn't have said it any better. My Simmarket order history alone is five pages deep and most orders were multiple products, that's not even counting the places I bought direct from. No regrets though and who knows I may end up with more this go around if the the life cycle of the core sim is as long lived but I'm looking to exercise a bit more restraint this go around.

RE Thomason Jr.

38 minutes ago, gunther said:

You misunderstood what I wanted to say.

By game changer, I didn't mean airports, but addons. Addons that enhance the overall experience at every location, like XPRealistic, BetterPushback, Generic airport texture replacement, FS2Crew, study level aircrafts, Live Air Traffic Chatter etc...

Edited by Noooch