Sign in to follow this  
atlflyer

Anyone Else Loving the TBM?

3 minutes ago, ThomseN_inc said:

I don't get what you mean...use a simbrief plan?

What I mend, is to generate the same flight plan via simbrief, and upload it into MSFS and test... to see if there is difference with default flight planner from MSFS regarding performance.

André

1 minute ago, awf said:

What I mend, is to generate the same flight plan via simbrief, and upload it into MSFS and test... to see if there is difference with default flight planner from MSFS regarding performance.

Ah ok! Thanks. Well i just manually entered the plan in the G3000 and the problem remains the same. So...Simbrief, Built in Planner and manuanny entering is the same.

Intel i9-13900K | Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Master | RTX4090 | 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5-6000 | Be quiet! Pure Loop 2 FX AiO | Win 11

3 minutes ago, awf said:

Interested in this too. Entering an IFR flightplan has a significant impact on performance for me and introduces stutters.

Martin 

Sims: MSFS and X-plane 11

Home Airport: CYCW - Chilliwack, BC Canada

i5 13600KF 32GB DDR4 3600 RAM, RTX3080TI  HP Reverb G2

1 minute ago, ThomseN_inc said:

Ah ok! Thanks. Well i just manually entered the plan in the G3000 and the problem remains the same. So...Simbrief, Built in Planner and manuanny entering is the same.

What is the route? Going to see if it occurs here also...

André

2 minutes ago, awf said:

What is the route? Going to see if it occurs here also...

LFOH SID ETRAT A34 SITET L151 MID UM185 KOBBI M197 REDFA L620 TULIP Y12 SPY N873 GRONY M105 EEL N125 WSN L23 GIBMA STAR EDDW

Thanks for your effort!

Intel i9-13900K | Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Master | RTX4090 | 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5-6000 | Be quiet! Pure Loop 2 FX AiO | Win 11

I dont have any issues with performance and flight plans. Probably because I fly smaller routes? I typically dont enter a plan longer than 75 miles or so. 

1 hour ago, Bert Pieke said:

OK.. so help me here..

MFD select PROC and Approach.

I get a list of approaches and a scroll bar on the right.

How do I scroll down?

The knobs do not seem to help..

You can open all digital displays as pop up windows by holding ALT GR which changes your mouse to a magnifier, then left click on the display. In the pop up, everything is scrollable with the mouse wheel without zooming or the need to drag the thin scrollbar.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Mario Donick .:. vFlyteAir

I nees to branch out. Ive been flying mostly the c152, flew the c172 once. I did take the Virus out for a night flight but that was not a great idea and I ended up loosing lift and crashing.....not sure what happened there.

3 pages about Asobo TBM and no one's mentioned the audio. I'm not expecting any of the top dog 3rd parties to hit the Asobo level in the sound engineering any time soon.

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, MarioDonick said:

You can open all digital displays as pop up windows by holding ALT GR which changes your mouse to a magnifier, then left click on the display. In the pop up, everything is scrollable with the mouse wheel without zooming or the need to drag the thin scrollbar.

Great tip as said I'm personally using track ir so no need for popups... But I can imagine it will be useful when using the hat switch.

André

17 minutes ago, MarioDonick said:

Sorry.. what is ALT GR?

Bert

Just now, Bert Pieke said:

Sorry.. what is ALT GR?

The right ALT key (on a German keyboard it is called ALT GR, sorry).

• Like 1

Mario Donick .:. vFlyteAir

1 hour ago, cwburnett said:

I also thought there were little up/down arrows on the touch screen next to the list, but might be thinking of another one...I can double check later.

I think the arrows are missing.. the do appear on the Flight Plan window 😉

Bert

Tbm is my go to for almost every flight except slow and low...then its the 152 or the icon. Icon is a fun plane.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Kopteeni said:

3 pages about Asobo TBM and no one's mentioned the audio. I'm not expecting any of the top dog 3rd parties to hit the Asobo level in the sound engineering any time soon.

Maybe Asobo can lend them their multi thousand dollar microphones and audio equipment.

FSX | DCS | X-Plane 11 | MSFS 2020 | IL2:BoX

Favorite aircraft currently: MSFS Savage Cub