Sign in to follow this  
sidfadc

No approaches available in TBM?

First time flying the TBM tonight, EGGP to EGNM > selected low altitude airways and the sim chose a simple route EGGP POL EGNM.  Whilst up in the air I wanted to shoot the ILS, there are two touch panels below the MFD but when I went into PROC, select Approach it didn't display any approaches whatsover.  Is this not modeled in the TBM?

Edited by sidfadc

Thomas Derbyshire

The avionics are screwed and, unless you load a flight plan, the direct to doesn’t work for procedure loading. and when you do activate, through a flight plan, it initially takes you back to the previous waypoint (or departure airport), again direct to the fix doesn’t seem to work. I doubt they consulted a pilot before releasing the garmin at this state.

Had this exact issue last night, couldn't get any fpl data into the TBM avionics at all, I ended up with multiple windows open on top of each other on the display that I couldn't get rid of.

According to other forum users here it will follow a flight plan ok if you create it in the world map - which does let you select an approach. But fiddling with it in flight will probably break it.

Were you able to startup the TBM from the checklist? I'm having issues with it, oil pressure warning and throttle not doing anything after engine start.

Once in the air, flying anywhere,  There is no way to select  any other  airport approach in this 'sim'  using this  Garmin imitator, such as MS has provided. If any good third party can make a real G1000, G3000 or GTN 750, I will pay $200 for a working version.

Tell me I'M wrong !

Edited by Eclex

Dave Swigert

WIN 10/  i7-9700K@4.8 GHz/ 32 GB ram/ BENQ BL3200 monitor/ NVIDIA GTX1080 TI video

I flew from EDDF to LOWI and back again inputting the flight plan manually in the TBM.  Selecting approaches and arrivals and departures just fine.  

I will try your flight and see.

• Like 1

Sean Green

I prefer not to rebuild a point-to-point flight plan going through unknown bush territory. But I know your approach works.

Dave Swigert

WIN 10/  i7-9700K@4.8 GHz/ 32 GB ram/ BENQ BL3200 monitor/ NVIDIA GTX1080 TI video

I echo these thoughts. I am really sorry I paid the extra for the premium deluxe...should have bought the base MSFS.

Optimist I am...MS will create (or buy) a perfect Garmin GPS soon !

Dave

Dave Swigert

7 minutes ago, Eclex said:

Dave

Agreed. It will get fixed and 6 months from now probably be a spectacular sim.

Sure be nice to have the TBM900  X-Plane add-on....it is excellent.

I too have the Hotstart TBM in Xplane and the default in MSFS doesn't come close, but then again I wouldn't expect it to from a "fidelity" point of view.  However I would expect to be able to input a basic ILS approach from the avionics considering they have modeled the unit.  In the end I just had to head straight to the airfield and do a visual.  Not exactly as real as it gets lol!

Thomas Derbyshire

9 minutes ago, sidfadc said:

I too have the Hotstart TBM in Xplane and the default in MSFS doesn't come close, but then again I wouldn't expect it to from a "fidelity" point of view.  However I would expect to be able to input a basic ILS approach from the avionics considering they have modeled the unit.  In the end I just had to head straight to the airfield and do a visual.  Not exactly as real as it gets lol!

HotStart one of the best 3rd part add on for XP ever in my opinion. It's hardly comparable with any default

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

again, you cannot expect default aircraft to behave like high fidelity payware.

16 hours ago, Eclex said:

Dave

Get Garmin to let them use their trainer packages in sim... 

If the GTN is anything to go by that would be awesome!

G

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

29 minutes ago, wim123 said:

again, you cannot expect default aircraft to behave like high fidelity payware.

if you quoting me read my comment again please...

Thomas Derbyshire

3 minutes ago, sidfadc said:

if you quoting me read my comment again please...

He's not quoting anyone. He simply made a correct statement! 😏

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator