Sign in to follow this  
tangerine

Google Maps 3D Objects injected!!!

Would it be possible to create an airport if it’s available in Google’s 3D map? Could be some of the best freeware we’ve ever seen this.

It will be really helpful if someone creates us an easy as possible manual from A to Z on how to take a 3D object from Google and put it in the exact place in MSFS. Maybe also how to remove the AI model as well.

I tried following the 3 YouTube videos from the first page, but i guess i am too old to grasp it... 😞  

This will be the bringing of true-to-life simulator when each creates the landmarks from his place. Cant wait for it.

Edited by roi1862
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Roi Ben

I think they are in Google but are not google’s creation, they are contributions and thus without copyrights, people put it in google because its the most popular, but could be placed in any map

Edited by kapitan

Soon this kind of thing will be like music, i can listen for free to whatever i want provided i dont use it commercialy. Landmarks is the same thing, they are representations of the planet, human beings, anyone can use it for himself, its like a Waze mark on traffic

Game changer....

As big as Ortho4XP and World2Xplane was in the other sim...

Just did a quick scan of google and found a ton of things that I already want to add.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Wow - this looks awesome. And the fact that some of the guys / girls that managed to do it this fast have no PhD in 3D modelling sounds really promising. Let's just hope that Google understands that this is good PR for them and let's it pass without bringing any legal action. Could be more complicated if they don't own all the IPs down the chain though?

Note to third party devs doing scenery add-ons, focus on aircraft instead? 🙂

• Like 1

Ryzen 7800X3D | Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX MB | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | RTX 3080 GPU | Sound BlasterX AE-5 | Windows 11 Pro x64 | Virpil T-50 Throttle | T50 CM2 Grip + WarBRD | VKB T-rudder MK IV | Asus PG279Q 1440p | Valve Index VR | Samsung 980 Pro as system disk and Intel 665P SSD for games

....And So It Begins!

• Like 2

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

1 hour ago, Carts85 said:

Would it be possible to create an airport if it’s available in Google’s 3D map? Could be some of the best freeware we’ve ever seen this.

I'm working on it 🙂

Edited by B787Pilot3222
  • Like 2

I'm no lawyer, but I do use Google API data for other projects and they do charge for it after a free tier. They do not allow you cache it or save it on your own server. I think anyone doing these conversions of 3D objects for their own personal use will probably be left alone, but if anyone tries to distribute them as freeware or payware, I think they will be on thin ice. I would not consider it without getting permission or some other type of licensing agreement from Google, and I doubt they provide it for something like this.

• Like 4

Martin 

Sims: MSFS and X-plane 11

Home Airport: CYCW - Chilliwack, BC Canada

i5 13600KF 32GB DDR4 3600 RAM, RTX3080TI  HP Reverb G2

3 hours ago, tangerine said:

btw...this is Buenos Aires.

Wow, night lighting looks so much better, though I doubt that was why you did and posted this.   I flew out of KSBA last night and the size of lights and the amount of glow were just overdone and unrealistic.  Winding amber snakes for roads.  What settings are you using that might impact this?  Great job!

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

Just now, turnandbank said:

I'm no lawyer, but I do use Google API data for other projects and they do charge for it after a free tier. They do not allow you cache it or save it on your own server. I think anyone doing these conversions of 3D objects for their own personal use will probably be left alone, but if anyone tries to distribute them as freeware or payware, I think they will be on thin ice. I would not consider it without getting permission or some other type of licensing agreement from Google, and I doubt they provide it for something like this.

This is correct. It has to be for "personal" use only and there's going to be no way around this. I wouldn't be surprised if MS tries to put a stop to this if people start uploading files with Google data.

Even if this does not become a thing for public distribution it might put a little pressure on Bing Maps if this takes off and gets wildly used.  Which imo is a good thing 🙂

• Like 1