Sign in to follow this  
dolbinau

Is there a 'flagship' MSFS 2020 default aircraft?

The DR-400.

You can tell it's the plane they've flown in real life, and on top they've recreated a full cockpit of it in their studios.

24 minutes ago, N7470 said:

4k tv about 2 feet in front of me

You might want to use sunscreen...😄

2 hours ago, wim123 said:

for me its the cubs.  

me too, love flying them!

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

2 hours ago, SirDan said:

172 , over all pretty nice. Although not being able to open the doors is a let down,

ikr. There are so many small things that make you think: You said this is going to be for the hardcore simmers and then you didn't go through the effort of implementing opening doors, replay function, detailed default aircraft ...

I know this will probably come (I hope so) and I am still happy with the sim overall, but those things have to be mentioned.

As for the aircraft:

C152 and Robin are quite good.

The C172 seems OK as well but thrust / drag seem a bit off.

Edited by tweekz
  • Upvote 1

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

1 hour ago, N7470 said:

The classic 172 panel looks shockingly beautiful at night, like "I can't believe this is just a simulator" (I"m using a 40" Samsung 4k tv about 2 feet in front of me).

Agree.  52" 4k here....its just stunning to me at night.  It's the small things...when you adjust the rheostat for the instrument back-lighting, you see the bottom of the bezel illuminate as the lamp is at the top.....just a huge immersion factor...in a DEFAULT plane! (look at the altimeter in the shot below)

J0u1uE.jpg

• Like 2

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

For me the flagship plane is the one that I associate with a specific Flightsim because of it appearing in trailers or on the box art etc. and the default is the one they put you in if you don't change aircraft.

I kinda see the Daher TBM as their FS2020 flagship plane
In the same way that the Concorde was the flagship plane for FS 2000

FSX's default aircraft is the ultralight trike in Alaska oddly.

• Like 1

It's the 152 or possibly the 172.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

My vote is for the C152 / C172.  After all, I believe there's been a high wing Cessna in every version since 1.0 (even if they didn't specifically call it a "Cessna" in the early days).  Asobo may have intended for the TBM to share top billing (Daher is also French); but didn't have time to finish it before release.

2 hours ago, FlyingInACessna said:

engine starts flawlessly every time for some reason

A bug.  Definitely a bug. 😄  Asobo:  MUST FIX!

Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

15 minutes ago, LHookins said:

A bug.  Definitely a bug. 😄  Asobo:  MUST FIX!

Hook

Didn’t say it was a bug :)) But that doesn’t mean it’s realistic either! Haven’t tested starting it without priming the engine, but I’d assume it would start without doing it based on how it starts otherwise. It also doesn’t start on its own - it requires you to push the mixture in to get the engine to start. In reality, it’s the reverse - crank the starter, the engine finally catches and starts to run, and then you add in the mixture to keep it going.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, FlyingInACessna said:

Haven’t tested starting it without priming the engine

I've never primed the engine and it's always started.  Of course I've always started in reasonable temperatures, haven't tried -30C yet.

Only one time did the 152 not start on the first try.  It started on the second.

These aren't exactly A2A aircraft.  Heck, just TRY to start their 172 using their published procedures exactly! 

My complaint on the 172 classic (steam gauge version) is that the parking brake does not start engaged.  Of course this is probably totally unrealistic as well, so add it to your list. 🙂 

Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

3 minutes ago, LHookins said:

My complaint on the 172 classic (steam gauge version) is that the parking brake does not start engaged.  Of course this is probably totally unrealistic as well, so add it to your list

That’s actually, whether you believe it or not, very realistic. Many C172 owners / flight schools like mine avoid ever setting the parking brake to avoid wearing it out and / or accidentally leaving it engaged. There’s no use for it on flat aprons. I appreciate that the parking brake isn’t set by default (though the mixture on the other hand needs to be out - that one makes no sense. And the fuel shutoff needs to be on.). I wouldn’t mind if they gave an options menu to select what features you want enabled on a cold dark start. 

And about the engine starting without being primed, that’ll almost never happen haha the engine needs something in its system to catch unless it was just running 🙂

Edited by FlyingInACessna
  • Like 1