Sign in to follow this  
David Roch

Absolutely gorgeous: FSDT's upcoming KORD

8 hours ago, Baber20 said:

Are you alright?

Dave's rapier wit is not apparent to some. 🙂

He is ok....I just spoke with him a few day's back.

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

Dave, when I was a kid I loved Grand Theft Auto. I'd steal the planes and crash them, parachute away to safety where I'd murder some hikers and fight the army. Despite all the terrible examples of behavior mainstream media and entertainment threw my way, I'm happy to report that I have committed exactly 0 crimes in my adult life, and I take none of that with me into my professional day to day life.

Having been a flight instructor, I honestly believe that any person who see's a video game pilot wearing a baseball cap or a hoodie, and decides to do it themselves, probably has other lapses in judgement besides hindering their visual scans. They're more than likely that all too common type of pilot who doesn't sump check and doesn't bother with checklists. The kind of pilot that departs into convective conditions, or with 20 gallons of Jet-A in their 172, killing them and their wifes family and kids.

I don't think you can save someone who is too careless to care about being saved, Dave. And I don't think a video game is the platform to take that battle.

• Like 1

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

ok, let's get back on track. This thread is about KORD not cockpit attire. Take it elsewhere.

Vic

• Like 1

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Baseball caps have been frowned upon on the flight line for about 20 years if flying VFR. It was after a spate of mid air collisions caused by them limiting upwards visibility in VFR. This is well known.

Below is a picture of me from the flight line from about fifteen years ago and you will note that I have my baseball cap turned around; it's not so I look all 'gangsta and down with the kids' it is because I've got my parachute on having just removed the rudder lock and am about to go flying VFR, in a glider, where we will be thermalling and ridge soaring in close proximity to other aeroplanes and I want to be able to see other aeroplanes:

uiwwJg2.jpg

I've personally known three pilots who were killed at that very airfield where that picture of me was taken, in a mid-air collision because of this phenomenon of peaked caps limiting visibility. Do not wear a baseball cap when flying VFR!

Edited by Chock
  • Like 3

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

I'd be fascinated to see some rough sales data on how MSFS add-ons are selling relative to the "usual" sales expected on P3D or XP11 for the same products.

Y’all ever heard of keeping your head on a swivel? A hat limiting someone scan of airspace is plausible but I mean come on... move your darn head to see what’s above you. For crying out loud....

FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda

Does anyone know payment options for the MF2020 store?

spacer.png

5 minutes ago, Boomer said:

Does anyone know payment options for the MF2020 store?

For the MS Store version, it uses the the same ones used on the Microsoft store.

I don't know about the Steam version.

Edited by Tuskin38

6 hours ago, Tuskin38 said:

For the MS Store version, it uses the the same ones used on the Microsoft store.

I don't know about the Steam version.

In Steam, it uses your Steam wallet balance but purchases from within the game.

I bought this and it's really great. I am someone who likes details and this has them aplenty. Considering the limitations of the SDK and compared with some other new MSFS airport releases (some of which are rushed IMO), Umberto and FSDT have done an outstanding job. Yes, improvements can be made once the SDK is improved and have also been acknowledged by the very honest Umberto (whose approach and communication is a breath of fresh air these days) but what you have now is more than enough to make this a worthwhile purchase.

• Like 1

why @virtuali i purchased the P3D version of O'Hare very recently & you do not answer my email requesting discount code for MFS version?

very happy to take my business elsewhere & in future avoid your products due to bad customer service - in my opinion.

3 minutes ago, craigeaglefire said:

why @virtuali i purchased the P3D version of O'Hare very recently & you do not answer my email requesting discount code for MFS version?

very happy to take my business elsewhere & in future avoid your products due to bad customer service - in my opinion.

not  to   place  your  issues, post it  on the official  fdst  forum  iam  sure  Umberto  has  enough issues  to  going  to  each  forum and  checking  each  thread.  

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg