Sign in to follow this  
penta_a

Patch Version 1.8.3.0 Is Now Available!

15 minutes ago, Elvensmith said:

I gave up last night, tried briefly this morning before going out no joy. Now trying again but it seems any big file is causing issues that it needs multiple attempts to grab it. I wonder if it is an issue particular to the Steam version, even though the core update files for either version are coming from MS/Asobo?

I had the same problem, mine came from the MS store.

7 minutes ago, StoneDoor said:

I had the same problem, mine came from the MS store.

Seems to be totally random. Possibly a server problem. Left it running while we have tea, on the basis a watched pot (or England cricket team) never boils, see how it's doing in just over an hour.

However I'm not going to spend another evening of PC "entertainment" watching a progress bar in an endless non progress state! (Did Bill Gates forget what they did to him in the South Park movie?).

3 minutes ago, Elvensmith said:

Seems to be totally random. Possibly a server problem. Left it running while we have tea, on the basis a watched pot (or England cricket team) never boils, see how it's doing in just over an hour.

However I'm not going to spend another evening of PC "entertainment" watching a progress bar in an endless non progress state! (Did Bill Gates forget what they did to him in the South Park movie?).

Dis you try this trick, RustyFlyer mentioned?

netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=normal

I didn't, certainly going to try it next time.

I left my computer running overnight, this morning it had finished the download.

I just popped upstairs after putting our dinner on, now seems to be making progress... Fingers and toes crossed.

Some of the individual files are gigabytes and take a relatively long time on a slower connection - it can seem like they are not moving.  

Other than my slow internet connection, I haven't had any trouble.

A lot of people report > netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=normal < in a CMD window can help if you have trouble, but can someone explain why?  What does it do and what would have happened for you to need this reset?

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

22 hours ago, RobJC said:

Family: why is our internet so slow today?

Because everyone is trying to buy the non-existent 3080 card

• Like 1

Wow. this thread is exploding. 

As a person sitting outside of this game, it actually looks like performance has been improved. I guess they have optimzed the code to better utilize the registers in the CPU, about GPUs I have got no idea, but it looks good. 

The problems and even new problems are just typical Win10 and programmers faults. Hand copying the files would have been a better idea. Or at least using the good old Install Wizard that displays a report where and why an error happened.

No SDK news, as expected, will take a very very long time until there will be a serious GA jet.

9 minutes ago, FlyingInACessna said:

Has anyone figured out how to adjust sensitivity settings in the sim files?

Not the ones you could adjust in the setting, before the patch.

But you can adjust effectiveness for aileron, rudder and elevator in "filght_model.cfg" for each plane individually.

Search for this file (e.g. .....\localcache\packages\official\onestore\asobo-arcraft-tbm930\simobjects\airplanes\asobo_tbm930\flight_model.cfg)

Your location may differ.

Near the bottom:

[FLIGHT_TUNING]
cruise_lift_scalar = 1
parasite_drag_scalar = 1
induced_drag_scalar = 1
flap_induced_drag_scalar = 1
elevator_effectiveness = 0.1
elevator_maxangle_scalar = 1
aileron_effectiveness = 0.4
rudder_effectiveness = 0.1
rudder_maxangle_scalar = 0.5
pitch_stability = 0.25

Here I changed elevator_effectiveness, aileron_effectiveness and rudder_effectiveness. Original values were all 1.

Works great for me.

• Like 2

I installed the update successfully. Since that time, I have a CTD as soon as I switch to external camera, the sim is unusable...

Does anyone have also that problem?

Disappointed 😞

12 minutes ago, Rocky said:

I installed the update successfully. Since that time, I have a CTD as soon as I switch to external camera, the sim is unusable...

Does anyone have also that problem?

Disappointed 😞

Did you install liveries?

2 hours ago, marcg11 said:

Priority Class>Current> Above Normal (I've tried High but I seem get too much Autogen popping when I do that)

And I unselect Windows dynamic thread priority boost enabled in Priority Class current as well

The only performance tweak I am running is the one called “2080Ti”, though I am thinking of experimenting with the “3090” mod in the future.
😊

• Like 2

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

1 hour ago, Ixoye said:

When I tried the game today, all my cores were normal again, maybe there was something in the background in Windows that caused one of my core to peak, my game runs incredibly smooth now, I can do fast rolls at low altitude with Extra 330 without any stutter at all, fantastic.

When the sim all of a sudden behaves erratically, it's usually either server issues (streaming, traffic ect.) or as you noted something in the system. I had a bad run the other day only to find out my Blutooth suite took 30% of the CPU for no reason. Uninstalled it. Blutooth still working.

• Like 1

-

Currently giving X-Plane 12.10 a spin on Shadow PC. 10 years with X-Plane now, since 10.20

1 hour ago, StoneDoor said:

Dis you try this trick, RustyFlyer mentioned?

netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=normal

I didn't, certainly going to try it next time.

I left my computer running overnight, this morning it had finished the download.

Well out of desperation I tried tis and yes, it does seem to have finally stopped the patcher dropping the big files.