Sign in to follow this  
penta_a

Patch Version 1.8.3.0 Is Now Available!

I have a strange problem after the update, haven't heard of anyone so far. When i click the general tab in the options menu, it says ms exe stop working and ctd. Rest of all working like a charm  and i m also notice big performance and  smoothness improve in my flights. My old i5 4690k runs way better than before.                                               I had no problem during the download and installation. Before the patch deleted all the folders from community folder and revert back the manual entries in the cfg files.  Does anyone have an idea ?

Edited by amlodis

10 hours ago, Nyxx said:

Why don't you use simbiefe for flight plans, then you don't need to enter anything. In a Airbus A320 you use ATSU to request/import a flight plan. So instead of fighting the system import a perfect flight plan. 

Hi Nyxx

The reason is that Simbrief is great when flying big jets or passenger props, where you might want to fly a RW plan. But for custom flight plans where you need to enter custom waypoints directly onto a moving map (a la Little Nav Map or FS Tramp) it's not so useful I dont think. The G1000 does not allow for runway intercepts at user defined distances (like the GTN750 for example) and there seems to be no OBS function in any planes I have seen.

Well after a call to Microsoft “tech support” and getting transferred to 7 different people, a solution to the game not installing was found by pure accident. Signing out of and back in to the Xbox client and the ms store both the app and online was the only way to reset the account and allow me to reinstall it. Let me just say one thing, if you need support for this sim you are literally on your own. Nobody at Microsoft felt it was their group that should be supporting this product and kept transferring around. Some dufus on their side who kept calling me man and dude suggested I sign in and out and low and behold it started downloading and installing. Nobody on their end is supporting this product. Good luck if you need help moving forward. Buyer beware. 

• Like 3

Asus X570 TUF WIFI | 5800X3D | 32 GB DDR4 3600 | MSI RTX 4090 | EVGA 1300W | ASUS GT501 TUF | Samsung C49RG90 49" | Oculus Quest 2 | Windows 11 Professional X64

3 hours ago, MarcG said:

- Pilot camera position can now be saved or reset.  

Anyone know how to do this? I had a look earlier but can't see any option to Save the position.

Try binding "VFR Pilot View Save" to a spare key or button. This saves a custom pilot view for each individual aircraft.

Edited by Barnes
  • Like 1

David Webster

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR4 3600Mhz | EVGA RTX 3080 Ti @ 3440X1440 | Crucial 2TB M.2 | Win11

Yesterday I thought that removing some mods solved the tbm ap and yd not turning on together problem, today it's back to pre-patch behaviour again...

FPS gains are there though.

R5 3600 - GTX 1070OC - 32GB 3200 - NVME - 3440x1440 160Hz - VR(Quest 2)
GarbagePoster

I took a short break from development and installed the new patch. Total time from start to finish was 12 minutes on my 1 Gigabit fiber optic service.

Loading time seems about the same as before. The TBM isn't nearly as squirrelly as it was. Now I just need to find time to actually fly! 😉

• Upvote 1

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Is Manual Cache working for anyone? When I access it, the sim hangs (it's not actually stuck, just extremely slow at updating or accepting input).

Edited by odourboy

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

1 hour ago, odourboy said:

Is Manaul Cache working for anyone? When I access it, the sim hangs (it's not actually stuck, just extremely slow at updating or accepting input).

I just finished caching the area around Sedona (KSEZ) but it was only around 150MB. It worked fine and downloaded pretty quickly for me.

• Upvote 1

AMD 7800X3D, RTX 4090, 42" LG C3 OLED 4K TV/Monitor

Thanks for the reply. I know of one other user with this problem, but apparently it's not widespread. Hmmmm....

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

4 hours ago, J0nx said:

Good luck if you need help moving forward. Buyer beware. 

I would call my Dentist before I would ever call MS on anything computer related. 🙂

• Like 4

4 hours ago, J0nx said:

Well after a call to Microsoft “tech support” and getting transferred to 7 different people, a solution to the game not installing was found by pure accident. Signing out of and back in to the Xbox client and the ms store both the app and online was the only way to reset the account and allow me to reinstall it. Let me just say one thing, if you need support for this sim you are literally on your own. Nobody at Microsoft felt it was their group that should be supporting this product and kept transferring around. Some dufus on their side who kept calling me man and dude suggested I sign in and out and low and behold it started downloading and installing. Nobody on their end is supporting this product. Good luck if you need help moving forward. Buyer beware. 

Hey "Man", relax.  Maybe it was one of the high school winners who won the chance to "work" at MS for the summer.  Or the college kid who got canned from Abercrombie and was recruited since he had the highest GTA score.  Only the best support!  

😉

Aaron Ortega

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor, Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, SAMSUNG 870 QVO SATA III SSD 4TB, Asus TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB Video Card, ASUS ROG STRIX 850G 850W Gold Power Supply, Windows 10 x64 Home

Just started trying again with the patch and same old carp as the last two days... it is repeatedly drabbing the same file, getting to a certain % (in this case 2%), then drops it and back to zero.

On 9/16/2020 at 7:39 PM, Richard Sennett said:

10 min update - sim start time from 3 mins to 50 seconds now - wow

Oh just a thought I moved any mods out of community folder before updating to be safe

Where is this community folder of which you speak? Newbie here.

On 9/17/2020 at 12:13 AM, SergioN said:

I installed the mods and the yaw damper does not engage with the AP, so yes, there's a conflict

I removed them, it worked once, then next day without mods wasn't working again, I don't know how to explain that.

R5 3600 - GTX 1070OC - 32GB 3200 - NVME - 3440x1440 160Hz - VR(Quest 2)
GarbagePoster