Sign in to follow this  
Victoroos

How do you guys find add ons? I 'm loosing track, haha

Hi all,

I follow 3 / 4 sites now that post MSFS addon (updates). I thought I was doing well/

Now I was browsing through the MSFS forums and found a lot more airports all of a sudden. They are really scattered though.

How do you guys keep track? 

Cheers

Vic

Victor Roos

57 minutes ago, Victoroos said:

How do you guys keep track? 

This site seems to have everything: https://flightsim.to/

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 4.2 32 gig ram, Nvidia RTX3060 12 gig, Intel 760 SSD M2 NVMe 512 gig, M2NVMe 1Tbt (OS) M2NVMe 2Tbt (MSFS) Crucial MX500 SSD (Backup OS). VR Oculus Quest 2

YouTube:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96wsF3D_h5GzNNJnuDH3WQ   ProATC/SR FB Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1571953959750565

Flight Simulator First Officer User Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/564880128522788 ProATC/SR and Flight Sim First Officer (FSFO) Beta tester

Reality Is For People Who Can't Handle Simulation!

As SierraHotel says, flightsim.to  has had a lot of effort put into it, and it looks good, with plenty of well ordered content.

I browse NexusMods once a night as well as they have a dedicated area for MSFS. 

They do duplicate to a degree, but then occasionally, one site might have a little gem that the other one doesn't.

The MSFS Reddit is also good for little files and tip-offs.  For instance, I found the little mod to get rid of the tool bar handle at the top of the screen on there - a really small mod, and it works great if you find it annoying when it pops up all of the time.  The Reddit site is also a very big laugh at times, although be prepared, as they are very tolerant on the language at times. 👍

• Like 1

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

yeah, those 4 sites I follow. 

But the forum on MSFs forum there also sometimes appears a gem which is..completely unnoticed, haha. okey, I see.. have to keep discovering 😛

Victor Roos

3 hours ago, bobcat999 said:

For instance, I found the little mod to get rid of the tool bar handle at the top of the screen on there - a really small mod, and it works great if you find it annoying when it pops up all of the time. 

Does it still pop up on mouseover? 

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

4 hours ago, bobcat999 said:

As SierraHotel says, flightsim.to  has had a lot of effort put into it, and it looks good, with plenty of well ordered content.

I browse NexusMods once a night as well as they have a dedicated area for MSFS. 

They do duplicate to a degree, but then occasionally, one site might have a little gem that the other one doesn't.

The MSFS Reddit is also good for little files and tip-offs.  For instance, I found the little mod to get rid of the tool bar handle at the top of the screen on there - a really small mod, and it works great if you find it annoying when it pops up all of the time.  The Reddit site is also a very big laugh at times, although be prepared, as they are very tolerant on the language at times. 👍

oh please do share this mod. Where can I find it / what's its name?

• Like 1

Andreas Stangenes

http://www.youtube.com/user/krsans78
Add me on gamertag: Bullhorns78

flightsim.to is definitely the cream of the crop.  Just being able to subscribe to a mod for updates, combined with not being Nexus Mods, is enough to put it at the top of the list.

I generally keep up by checking flightsim,to, the Prop Planes and AIrports sub fora on the MSFS forum, and an occasional scan of /r/FS2020Creation to see what's in progress or newly released that hasn't yet been announced elsewhere.   It's not too much to follow at this point.

Edited by kaosfere

It's so weird..  Flight Simulator was a pretty niche mod community up to including FSX.

Now with 2020, the mod community is just like any other AAA game.. Everyone and their sister and brother looking to cash in on clicks hosting Flight Simulator mods..

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

7 hours ago, SierraHotel said:

This site seems to have everything: https://flightsim.to/

This is one of the better organized ones. 

I wish there was a country based search. So if I’m flying in Germany, I can find everything for that country. 

There are also numerous small aircraft mods that I’ve found here Or on the official forums... like the aircraft lighting mod, a 208b reverse thruster and cabin lighting mod, a G1000 mod.

Unfortunately, there’s no one place that has it all. 

New life has been breathed into flightsimming. This is a great thing.

• Like 1

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb, RX 6900XT 16gb

7 minutes ago, Virtual-Chris said:

I wish there was a country based search. So if I’m flying in Germany, I can find everything for that country. 

It's browse, not search, but this might help:

I9Ea2Ob.png

There's also the map you can use for a visual overview.

Edited by kaosfere
  • Like 3

37 minutes ago, Andreas Stangenes said:

oh please do share this mod. Where can I find it / what's its name?

As above...

Quite a few people have missed this actually.  There was high activity and the thread got pushed down the order fairly quickly.  It works great!  A really small file and it goes in your community folder as always.

One thing, as he made this before the patch, it does not include the new 'active pause' icon, which I think was a fairly useless addition.  I just press pause break as usual. 

All other icons can be accessed by moving the mouse to the top of the screen as usual - just no handlebar anymore.  I hope MS/Asobo make this an option toggle.

I still see youtubers making videos with the bar flashing in and out at the top, and I think 'they really need this mod!'  😄

Edited by bobcat999
Extra info...
  • Like 2

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.