Sign in to follow this  
ca_metal

First World Update - Japan - Coming 09.29.2020

7 hours ago, marsman2020 said:

If only they had the same attitude about the actually flight simulation part of the game and not just the Bing tech demo part.

Different teams, doing different things of different complexity levels.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, Honnli said:

To those of you who says Microsoft/Asobo should fix all the bugs before working on updating the world and the scenery, I know it's frustrating when you encounter the bugs but let me put it this way. Would you rather MS/Asobo put the world/scenery update team on hold and delay the world updates until all the bugs are fixed? But then wouldn't you be slagging off MS/Asobo when the bugs are fixed that they're updating the world too slowly? Isn't it better to have the world update team work on these updates in parallel to the bug fixing team? And having the world/scenery get updated does not mean that they're not fixing bugs in the same time, right? I would prefer they improve the world while they fix the bugs rather than delay any world update until the bugs are fixed. This way, we'll have an updated and high quality world to enjoy when the bugs are fixed instead of having to wait another few months/years after the bugs are fixed to have these world updates, right? 😉

Agreed, but I really think the team putting this out needs to prioritize fixing the bugs in the default World/Object photogrammy first!

And if this teams only job is to do enhanced global locations I think they should switch them over to the above!

Took off from KEYW today and noticed two huge oversized green blobs on the side of the runway that looked like two abnormal mounds trying to be tress or two mini mountains.  Really killed the immersion for me!

Not to mention the odd 200ft skyscrapers in the middle of nowhere, the solid bridges, lack of tropical colored waters, and word not allowed poor photogrammy quality in certain areas to name a few others!

The sim is beautiful but the more I look the more I see glaring repeatable issues with the photogrammy and the World/Scenery objects that sit on top of it!

Couldn't he world/scenery update team prioritize work on global Object/World photogrammy abnormalities before pumping out smaller enhanced areas?  Fixing issues that effect the whole world would be a better use of this specific teams time IMHO!

Edited by Kilo60
  • Like 2

Chris Camp

6 hours ago, Kilo60 said:

The sim is beautiful but the more I look the more I see glaring repeatable issues with the photogrammy and the World/Scenery objects that sit on top of it!

It’s never going to be perfect.

Edited by Ray Proudfoot
Edited to remove majority of full quoted post

@Kilo60

Hmm yes that's true as well, the general world/scenery update should also be done as a priority I agree. But perhaps that's linked to the photogrammetry data they currently have of those areas and how messy they might be (photogrammetry isn't really per object but rather a sea of 3D vertices that can be quite time consuming to clean up and improve it seems), which might require more work to fix and clean up compared to getting fresh photogrammetry and terrain elevation data for areas that previously didn't have photogrammetry. Hopefully we will see some general updates and improvements to the whole world in due time. Regardless, my post was more addressed to those who were talking more specifically about the flight dynamics/avionics/systems bugs. But I get your point. 🙂

Edited by Honnli

Steven

Intel i7 950, Gigabyte GTX 960 2GB G1 Gaming Edition Gigabyte RTX 2060 OC 6GB, 12GB RAM, HDD SSD

5 hours ago, Tuskin38 said:

It’s never going to be perfect.

So 200ft skyscrapers in the middle of an uninhabited area is acceptable to you?

Or solid bridges everywhere?

Or green blobs all over the place that should be trees?

Chris Camp

5 hours ago, Kilo60 said:

So 200ft skyscrapers in the middle of an uninhabited area is acceptable to you?

Or solid bridges everywhere?

Or green blobs all over the place that should be trees?

They will be fixed eventually. They need to be reported by players. Asobo can’t go over every square inch of the planet. That would take up to much time and would essentially be impossible.

The bridges and green blobs are the limitation of Photogammetry. It’s either that or auto gen.

3 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said:

They will be fixed eventually.

Yeah, I hope so!

Still I'd rather they concentrate first on fixing, obvious, existing, worldwide issues (also like the Washington Monument being a skyscraper or the White house being an Office building to name a few)!

Edited by Kilo60

Chris Camp

4 minutes ago, Kilo60 said:

Yeah, I hope so!

Still I'd rather they concentrate first on fixing, obvious, existing, worldwide issues (also like the Washington Monument being a skyscraper or the White house being an Office building to name a few)!

Who says they’re not? They most likely have multiple devs working on different things.

The US will probably get it’s own world update eventually. Give it time.

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, captain420 said:

Finally! This is great news for those of us who like to fly in Asia. I really hope they put more focus into the rest of Asia. It's a very beautiful place that needs some TLC.

Hehe....a little disappointed that you didn't get your comment in until page 2. 🙂 (I know...I'm way late to the comment stream here...but stunning what's coming for us...can't wait to see all the wonders of Japan!)

Maybe you and I won't have to take up scenery design to get Asia covered after all. 😉😉 

• Like 2

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

11 hours ago, ShawnG said:

1 squared is still 1

OMG...you actually made me laugh out loud! 🤣

I'm like.....uhhh.....he's absolutely right, and the way I pictured you saying it has me rolling!

Higher math has always escaped me, but 1 squared I can handle.  🙂

• Like 1

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

57 minutes ago, Kilo60 said:

Washington Monument being a skyscraper or the White house being an Office building to name a few

I'm sure you're aware that there has already been both a payware and freeware update to DC that addresses these things.

Now, I completely realize that they should be addressed by AS/MS, and 3rd party folks should not have to "bail out" the default scenery by any means, but we're gonna live in a hybrid "world" of default/payware/freeware until we can find a way to hire another 10,000 scenery designers/validators/fixers for Asobo if we want the world to look as good as it does in the areas that they've clearly paid attention to within the next 6 months.  

Not like it has to be said...but the world is a big place! 🙂 

I want it all to be looking proper too, but I know it'll take time.

• Like 3

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

I will give them props. The Scenery is impressive and i honestly will enjoy it. However.. the bugs from patch 2 needs squashing. i havent touched the A320 since patch screwed with it. Luckily i guess i can make do with the cessna jets and their outrageous fuel consumption till the quality assurance team feels like issuing a fix .. or rather the multiple fixes required.. 

AMD Ryzen 5900X / Asus Strix B550 F Gaming Wifi / Powercolor AMD 6800XT Red Devil / 32GB Gskill Trident Neo DDR4 3600 / 2x ADATA XPG 8200pro NVME / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280 / EVGA Supernova 750 GT PSU / Lian Li Lancool II Mesh Performance /

Asus VG34VQL3A / Schiit Bifrost DAC+ Schiit Asgard AMP /  Sennheiser HD 558 / Thrustmaster T.16000M + TFRP Rudders

21 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said:

Yes, the USA isn’t the centre of the universe.

The earth is not the center of the universe either, and it's well out on the backwater spiral arm of our galaxy, yet it is still the subject of this sim.  It isn't particularly jingoistic to think that an iconic landmark such as the Washington Monument ought to be included as a poi in the sim, much as one might expect the Eiffel tower, or the Arc de Triomphe, the Brandenburg gate, St Basil's cathedral, the statue of Christ the redeemer, the pyramids or any of the other POI that have been included.  I'm not even really complaining, the US has nearly every major and minor city available in photogrammetry (other than our capital, lol) so if there's a USA update, it will probably be a long wait, plenty of other places need done more.  But the Washington Monument ought to be there already, but even if it wasn't, at least leave it out completely rather than making it a weird, really thin and tall office building.

• Like 3

Asia has been missing on sims and this is encouraging.

I flew over India... its not too bad the terrain. Better than what Google map gives. I flew over my city where I grew up. Chennai and I flew over my college campus, Although the buildings were not right, I could see the 4 soccer fields next one another.

The airports were  minimal.  I found a freeware for Hyderabad Airport.  Need air[ports addoms for N.Delhi, Mumbai, Bangalore, Chennai etc.. It would be nice..to fly to Katmandu... Need that too.

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter