Sign in to follow this  
ca_metal

First World Update - Japan - Coming 09.29.2020

3 hours ago, abrams_tank said:

Darn. Lucky for Japanese simmers. I just want to fast forward time by 5 years so we have world updates for every major city and region in the world 🙂

Get your credit card ready..

Bert

38 minutes ago, FlyIce said:

What a fantastic update! If MS/Asobo keeps updating the world like this we're in heaven. It may sounds silly but this almost makes me want to pay a subscription to MSFS just to make sure things will keep going like this. 

Your wish will come true 🙂

Bert

4 hours ago, tonywob said:

Beautiful..... I've never flown much in Japan before, but I'm sure this is about to change

Very true, infact I'm about to have my first flight in a sim around Japan just to compare between now and the upcoming world update.

• Like 2

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Ultra, 32GB DDR4 3600 MHz RAM, 2* 1 TB SSD,1*4 TB M.2, 2*1 TB M.2, (4TB) HDD,RADEON RX 6800XT NITRO+ OC SE 16GB GDDR6, NZXT Kraken X73, NZXT 710 Case, X55 JOYSTICK/THROTTLES, LG 4K monitor, Dell 1080 monitor. Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle. Thrustmaster TPR Pedals. Tobii Eye tracker.

Very nice and timely to my world tour. Currently on Alaska and once I'll start flying south, I will definetly spend a while exploring Japan!

PC1: AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity | Asus TUF X670E-Plus | G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL30 | 4TB NVMe  | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus TUF 1000W Gold | be quiet! Pure Base 500DX | Noctua NH-D15S | LG OLED CX 48"

PC2: AMD Ryzen 7700X | PowerColor Radeon RX 6800 XT Red Dragon | MSI MPG B650I EDGE  ITX | G.SKILL Flare Expo X5 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL32 | 2TB NVMe  | Cooler Master Hyper | Lian Li 750W SFX Gold | Lian Li TU150 | SAMSUNG Odyssey G9 49"

GoFlight GF-PRO NG 737 Yoke System - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - TrackIR - Stream Deck XL + Stream Deck Plus

2 hours ago, omarsmak30 said:

Wow is very amazing and I like this way that Microsoft/Asobo is doing, focus on regions that didn't have much focus previously and give simmers new places to explore! I bet next world update will focus on either Africa or Central Asia or South East Asia. Bright future ahead! 😄  

That's true. They said they would be focusing on some less popular regions to draw more attention to them.

53 minutes ago, FlyIce said:

What a fantastic update! If MS/Asobo keeps updating the world like this we're in heaven. It may sounds silly but this almost makes me want to pay a subscription to MSFS just to make sure things will keep going like this. 

There will be paid DLC packs too, I believe helicopters will be part of those. But scenery upgrades are looking to be free for all, though I wouldn't be surprised if they made more hand-made airports for the Deluxe and Premium Deluxe versions.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

Get your credit card ready..

they have said the world updates will be free.  if you have other information to the contrary, lets have it.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

No doubt Gojira will be scheduled to appear near Tokyo now that an appropriate scenery update is on the way. I wonder if we will see any Gundams also?? :cool: One is nearing completion in Yokohama.. 

https://english.kyodonews.net/news/2020/01/a47699a7efd4-full-size-moving-gundam-robot-to-loom-over-yokohama-from-october.html

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

I wasn't expecting a world update anything like this for quite awhile, very good news for the future. And the patch, although breaking a lot of things for me, did bump up my performance.

Edited by desbean
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, ShawnG said:

they have said the world updates will be free.  if you have other information to the contrary, lets have it.

Lets talk again in 2021 🙂

Bert

I can't wait to explore Japan. I was last there in 1985. 

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | RTX 4090 | 48GB DDR5 7200 RAM | 4TB M.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair H150i Liquid Cooled | 4K Dell G3223Q G-Sync | Win11 x64 Pro

6 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

Lets talk again in 2021 🙂

so, nothing then.

3 hours ago, CJ1045 said:

This update is awesome and shows the direction that MSFS 2020 is going. Very pleased to see it is a very different direction to that of the legacy sims. It is a new world and Asobo are doing their very best to show it off. Perhaps helped by the global spread of Microsofts development studios. No wonder the price of the third party airports has dropped for MSFS versus the legacy sims. They will need to be quick selling before Microsoft release their own versions.

CJ

I've actually been trying out the "suggested" departure airports in the sim - in all honesty, I may never have tried those areas but am glad i did. The world really is an amazing place to explore, especially when it's crafted in this next-gen level of detail. 

• Like 1