Sign in to follow this  
ca_metal

First World Update - Japan - Coming 09.29.2020

Just saw it on the TGS livestream.

The trailer:

World Update I: The Japan world update features an upgraded digital elevation map across the entire country, high-resolution 3D photogrammetry for six prominent Japanese cities:

Sendai

Takamatsu

Tokushima

Tokyo

Utsunomiya 

Yokohama 

Six handcrafted local airports :

Hachijojima

Kerama

Kushiro

Nagasaki

Shimojishima

Suwanosejima

Players will also be able to try their hand at executing a trio of exciting new Landing Challenges set at Japanese airports.

This update will be FREE to all Microsoft Flight Simulator players. Get Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10, Xbox Game Pass for PC, and Steam.

Edited by ca_metal
  • Like 20

7800X3D@H170i // Msi RTX 4090 Trio // 32GB DDR5 6000mhz CL30 // 2TB + 1TB Nvme
Dell 27" 2127DGF - 1440p - Gsync - 165hz 
Thrustmaster TCA Sidestick Airbus // TCA Quadrant Airbus // TFRP T.Flight Rudder Pedals // Logitech Flight Multi Panel

5 minutes ago, ca_metal said:

What's the TGS livestream? Where can I watch it?

My simming system: AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, 32GB RAM, RTX 4070 Ti Super 16GB, LG 38" 3840x1600

Just now, pstrub said:

What's the TGS livestream? Where can I watch it?

But the MSFS part was just that what I said. 

It’s the Tokyo Game Show, so they used it to promote their Japan update.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Thrustmaster TCA Sidestick Airbus // TCA Quadrant Airbus // TFRP T.Flight Rudder Pedals // Logitech Flight Multi Panel

Nice I bene enjoying flying in Japan.  I am curious to see what they do in a World Update and hope this is a sign of things to come across the world.  I am also happy to see it being something not in the typical flight sim sphere.  9/29 is pretty soon!

• Like 2

Just now, pjs37 said:

Nice I bene enjoying flying in Japan.  I am curious to see what they do in a World Update and hope this is a sign of things to come across the world.  I am also happy to see it being something not in the typical flight sim sphere.  9/29 is pretty soon!

Just updated with some pics. Jörg talked about new handmade airports and a lot of POIs.They will probably share the video later today.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, ca_metal said:

Just updated with some pics. Jörg talked about new handmade airports and a lot of POIs.They will probably share the video later today.

Oh most definitely along with the rest of the community announcement. 

Here's the Japan world update trailer: 

• Like 4

My simming system: AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, 32GB RAM, RTX 4070 Ti Super 16GB, LG 38" 3840x1600

32 minutes ago, ca_metal said:

The trailer:

Thanks, you made my day! Japan has been underrepresented in all Flightsims I recall since 30 years, including addons.

Kind regards, Michael

• Like 4

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

Thanks for the heads-up. Looks very promising. Great times ahead if Asobo will enhance the entire world bit by bit. And that should also keep up the interest in the sim as new stuff will be released on a constant basis.

• Like 2

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

2 minutes ago, pmb said:

Japan has been underrepresented in all Flightsims

It has, so this is very welcome. I've been doing a lot of flying in Japan with MSFS already, so this will only add to the enjoyment.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Novation said:

I've been doing a lot of flying in Japan with MSFS already, so this will only add to the enjoyment.

As did I and I was already excited what I saw until now. The best I had before was Mr. Haruo's landclass-based enhancement in Prepar3d, which worked within its limits but gave ugly color and autogen clashs where I added photo-based airport/city sceneries.

Kind regards, Michael 

• Like 1

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

Beautiful..... I've never flown much in Japan before, but I'm sure this is about to change

• Like 5