Sign in to follow this  
ca_metal

First World Update - Japan - Coming 09.29.2020

So 2 patches a world update and patch number 3 around the corner in less than 2 months.....yet the naysayers keep banging that drum!  Rome wasn’t built in a day people!

• Like 4
  • Upvote 5

Thomas Derbyshire

The fact they're  pushing out this kind of massive yet free expansion, so close after launch, says a lot about Asobo and their dedication. They really wanna knock it out of the park, and I love it.

• Like 16

-

Belligerent X-Plane 12 enthusiast on Apple M1 Max 64GB

1 minute ago, sidfadc said:

So 2 patches a world update and patch number 3 around the corner in less than 2 months.....yet the naysayers keep banging that drum!  Rome wasn’t built in a day people!

Such an exciting time to be a flight simmer. The amount of content and add-ons that are coming our way is literally going to be insane. Love that it will be on xbox too! More casual gamers to fund our crazy hobby! Brilliant strategy. I just need one decent flyable GA to tied me over. Well, and a new GPU and CPU! 😅  

This is a good time people. This is NOT a bad time. This is the golden era for our hobby. Embrace this sim and quit fighting it! 

• Like 5

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | RTX 4090 | 48GB DDR5 7200 RAM | 4TB M.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair H150i Liquid Cooled | 4K Dell G3223Q G-Sync | Win11 x64 Pro

Just now, RobJC said:

Such an exciting time to be a flight simmer. The amount of content and add-ons that are coming our way is literally going to be insane. Love that it will be on xbox too! More casual gamers to fund our crazy hobby! Brilliant strategy. I just need one decent flyable GA to tied me over. Well, and a new GPU and CPU! 😅  

This is a good time people. This is NOT a bad time. This is the golden era for our hobby. Embrace this sim and quit fighting it! 

I took the plunge and bought the carenado Mooney, it’s no A2A Comanche but it’s defo a step up from the default GA.  I thought the pricing was spot on as well, worth a punt.

• Like 1

Thomas Derbyshire

1 hour ago, FlyIce said:

What a fantastic update! If MS/Asobo keeps updating the world like this we're in heaven. It may sounds silly but this almost makes me want to pay a subscription to MSFS just to make sure things will keep going like this. 

Don't give them any ideas.

I'd rather see a trailer for "how we are going to fix the G1000" than more world updates at this point.

• Upvote 2

AMD 3950X | 64GB RAM | AMD 5700XT | CH Fighterstick / Pro Throttle / Pro Pedals

1 minute ago, sidfadc said:

I took the plunge and bought the carenado Mooney, it’s no A2A Comanche but it’s defo a step up from the default GA.  I thought the pricing was spot on as well, worth a punt.

I bought it. Will spend more time in it. 

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | RTX 4090 | 48GB DDR5 7200 RAM | 4TB M.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair H150i Liquid Cooled | 4K Dell G3223Q G-Sync | Win11 x64 Pro

3 minutes ago, Colonel X said:

The fact they're  pushing out this kind of massive yet free expansion, so close after launch, says a lot about Asobo and their dedication. They really wanna knock it out of the park, and I love it.

If only they had the same attitude about the actually flight simulation part of the game and not just the Bing tech demo part.

• Like 2

AMD 3950X | 64GB RAM | AMD 5700XT | CH Fighterstick / Pro Throttle / Pro Pedals

Tokyo in 3D photogrammetry 😱

This city is few times bigger and denser then New York. Cant wait for the angry performance posts 🙂

• Like 1

Roi Ben

As an American I happy to see this. Usually simulators focus on UK and US scenery so I'm very excited to see and fly a part of the world I'm not very familiar with

Edited by styckx
Spelling
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 2

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

1 hour ago, ShawnG said:

so, nothing then.

Well, nothing... I do have a shelf full of MS Flightsimulator Addon Scenery from years ago that I paid for, and I no longer believe in Santa Claus.. does that count?  😉

• Like 1

Bert

1 hour ago, marsman2020 said:

If only they had the same attitude about the actually flight simulation part of the game and not just the Bing tech demo part.

What exactly is missing from the flight simulation part of the game? 

7 hours ago, ca_metal said:

World Update I: The Japan world update features an upgraded digital elevation map across the entire country, high-resolution 3D photogrammetry for six prominent Japanese cities:

Six handcrafted local airports :

Not bad. They really deliver some solid content!

Now it just needs to be somewhere I am flying to more frequently. 😄

Edited by tweekz

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

7 hours ago, carlito777 said:

Thanks for the heads-up. Looks very promising. Great times ahead if Asobo will enhance the entire world bit by bit. And that should also keep up the interest in the sim as new stuff will be released on a constant basis.

Yeah well you could also, dare I say it... get you wallet out 😂😂😂

2 hours ago, Colonel X said:

The fact that there is a major Tokyo Game Show was just shear coincidence I guess 🙂 to be far they've been knocking out the park ever since the first trailer was released. Going back to the previous sims makes that aboundantly clear, the physics and system modelling coming up short is trivial compared to what they achieved but of course it's what many judge the sim by, but like the rest of the sim it will get better too.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1