Sign in to follow this  
ca_metal

First World Update - Japan - Coming 09.29.2020

2 hours ago, marsman2020 said:

If only they had the same attitude about the actually flight simulation part of the game and not just the Bing tech demo part.

So True!!!

They really need to fix the G1000 issues ASAP!

• Like 2

Chris Camp

1 hour ago, devgrp said:

What exactly is missing from the flight simulation part of the game? 

Hmmm 1k point of reference flight models to be precise!

Oversensitivity of controllers

Missing/broken G1000 features

Autopilot that does not randomly disconnect...

Edited by Kilo60

Chris Camp

I hope that world updates from Asobo are different than world updates to Bing Maps. I get the sense this is the case, as it looks like a lot of hand-made assets are going into this Japanese scenery. Bing Maps is just such a mess in spots, and in these same spots the sim suffers. Likewise, where Bing Maps is really good (which includes some rural patches with autogen cities), the sim looks great. I don't ever expect an Asobo patch to release hand-made assets for my town (I'll probably have to do that myself), but it sure would be nice if the terrain textures were upgraded.

Just saw the video again. Mind blowing!

I hope that they also give some attention to bridges and those blocky FL trees.

Did they ever release the Polynesia scenery?

• Like 2

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

1 hour ago, DJJose said:

Did they ever release the Polynesia scenery?

I don't understand the question.

1 hour ago, Kilo60 said:

So True!!!

They really need to fix the G1000 issues ASAP!

1 hour ago, Kilo60 said:

Oversensitivity of controllers

Missing/broken G1000 features

Autopilot that does not randomly disconnect...

Those are not the same developers that work on the scenery.

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Like 3

50 minutes ago, Kilo60 said:

Wait... they didn't do this?  I thought it was in one of their official videos. 🤦‍♂️

So just "smoke and mirrors" then? 🤷‍♂️

And so many here actually believe all the sales-speak 🤮, like they are invested in MSFS for the next 10 years. 🤣

Matthew S

1 hour ago, dtrjones said:

Dear Matthew please have a look at some of the YouTube videos of the FlyByWire A32NX Project, then you'll not be doubting the SDK! 🙂 patience mate, study aircraft are coming...

Yes that community mod is excellent... but PMDG (and others) are still waiting for a far more functional SDK (like fully fleshed out WASM support, including threads) AFAIK

• Like 1

Matthew S

14 minutes ago, MatthewS said:

Wait... they didn't do this?  I thought it was in one of their official videos. 🤦‍♂️

So just "smoke and mirrors" then? 🤷‍♂️

And so many here actually believe all the sales-speak 🤮, like they are invested in MSFS for the next 10 years. 🤣

This person did some digging into the SDK and found there are 640 surface elements: https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/modern-flight-model/232844/3?u=gadwin777

I don't know how comprehensive that person looked and searched and whether the plane that person analyzed only had 640 points but a more complex plane may have closer to 1000 points (ie. maybe a smaller GA plane has 640 points but the 747 has closer to 1000 points).  

That person that did the flight model analysis goes on to write:

But, just at first glance, it looks like a really good flight model. Accomplishes the same geometrically-dependent aerodynamic loads that XPlane does with it’s BET/wing-strip method, albeit with more resolution. Definitely the SDK needs much better organization, and the flight model as a whole probably needs additional corrections (such as for compressibility).

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/modern-flight-model/232844/11

Edited by abrams_tank
  • Like 1

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

2 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

Well, nothing... I do have a shelf full of MS Flightsimulator Addon Scenery from years ago that I paid for, and I no longer believe in Santa Claus.. does that count?  😉

me too, on both counts.  and if you are trying to say that a lot of us are going to buy 3rd party stuff and other DLC which is not a world update, sure.  but that's a general point, we were talking specifics.  And specifically MS have said that these world updates are inclusive with the sim.  

Just now, ShawnG said:

And specifically MS have said that these world updates are inclusive with the sim.  

I very much hope you are right... all these startup offers are subject to change..

I'll take "free" as long as it lasts.. 🙂

Bert

2 hours ago, Tuskin38 said:

I don't understand the question.

I thought that improvements were coming to tropical waters such as those found on this video:

Edited by DJJose

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

According to the weekly update

"Gaya [Simulations] created 3 of the airports RJFU – Nagasaki, RJTH – Hachijojima, and RJCK – Kushiro as well as all of the 20 new POIs."

The rest of the airports were made by Asobo.

1 hour ago, Bert Pieke said:

I very much hope you are right... all these startup offers are subject to change..

Anything in the world World Updates will be free, but there will be paid DLC released in between them.

Edited by Tuskin38

3 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

Bert, as someone who probably follows how Microsoft support their modern games and stuff closer than you do... I don't think you need to worry about these world updates suddenly becoming payware.  They've been releasing large free monthly content updates for Sea of Thieves (another Microsoft game), for over two years.

Between the paid DLCs like helicopters they will sell in the future, and the 30% cut they probably take from any Marketplace sales, they have every reason to keep people engaged with the product for as long as possible.

• Like 3

To those of you who says Microsoft/Asobo should fix all the bugs before working on updating the world and the scenery, I know it's frustrating when you encounter the bugs but let me put it this way. Would you rather MS/Asobo put the world/scenery update team on hold and delay the world updates until all the bugs are fixed? But then wouldn't you be slagging off MS/Asobo when the bugs are fixed that they're updating the world too slowly? Isn't it better to have the world update team work on these updates in parallel to the bug fixing team? And having the world/scenery get updated does not mean that they're not fixing bugs in the same time, right? I would prefer they improve the world while they fix the bugs rather than delay any world update until the bugs are fixed. This way, we'll have an updated and high quality world to enjoy when the bugs are fixed instead of having to wait another few months/years after the bugs are fixed to have these world updates, right? 😉

• Like 7

Steven

Intel i7 950, Gigabyte GTX 960 2GB G1 Gaming Edition Gigabyte RTX 2060 OC 6GB, 12GB RAM, HDD SSD