Sign in to follow this  
amsfsx02501

New Canadian airports released

1 hour ago, Virtual-Chris said:

I also think the new MSFS has established a much better economy with tons of free content

So does that indicate you are satisfied with the avionics, nav database, and live weather vs ATIS?  If the developers fail to deliver on these critical aviation characteristics are you ready to then fork up to bring this to it's full promise?

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

I received CYWG quickly -- no need to wait 24 hours. This is my first paid add-on, so I'm not really qualified to give it a proper review. I'm surprised how something so simple as adding light standards make a big difference to making the airport look more realistic and "alive", instead of just having flat grey parking areas. The signage both in the runways and taxiways and the roads leading to it look realistic. One small disappointment is that they modelled the control tower, and the terminal and parkade, but between them is a hotel and that is still using the photogrammetry. It would've been nice to have that row of buildings all modelled. The modelled 17 Wing base and the parked military planes are cool too.

I think they are supposed to be the Hercules. You can see them in this picture, but up close the overall shape and landing gear looks like the Hercules.

cywg9.jpg

2 hours ago, B787Pilot3222 said:

^

Very interesting the screenshots are from the alpha...

The post is from August 11th, so shortly before release. Also it would be the beta.

Edited by Tuskin38

Yeah you can spot the Hercs in the screenshot on the site.

I wish those screenshots were bigger.

Edited by Tuskin38

11 hours ago, Moria15 said:

if  it's an area that you live in or fly in reality, then the cost is really not an issue.  For others it may be, but that's life..  some things you can afford, some you can't..  saw the same reaction with UK2000 but frankly, I fly mostly in the UK and they have a proven track record for me of enhancing my experience for airports I use a lot.

🙂

Graham

Exactly, after just deciding not to get any addons for awhile, up pops Kelowna one of my top 10 favorite airports, and Halifax. $39.68 USD total and worth it to me. I purchased a lot of airports in FSX and then found that I would only fly to many them a couple of times because they weren't regular stops for me. Now I'm just going to get the ones that I already regularly visit.

16 minutes ago, desbean said:

, up pops Kelowna one of my top 10 favorite airports, and Halifax. $39.68 USD total and worth it to me.

I would personally wait, FSimStudios/Airfield Canada's CYHZ is looking a lot better than the one posted here. Though we don't know what the price is going to be.

Edited by Tuskin38

This is a good sign for developers as long they do not overprice there material. Also the community are providing add-ons for free, so far 807+ and counting. I even found an add-on that remove the annoying tool-tips on the switches. Today I downloaded my favorite airport, Chicago C Meig KCGX.

Just bought SimAddOns CYWG. It's pretty good. I flew out of Winnipeg for a lot of years.

24 minutes ago, dbw1 said:

Just bought SimAddOns CYWG. It's pretty good. I flew out of Winnipeg for a lot of years.

can you post some screenshots? 

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

10 hours ago, DylanM said:

Any first impressions? Thinking of pulling the trigger on the FSim CYLW...

Bought it on ORBX for $24.50-am impressed with what FSim has done.

• Upvote 1

Alienware m15 R7: Intel Core i7-12700H, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD, nVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti 8GB, Windows 11 Home.

MacBook Air: M1, 2020 (7-core GPU), 8GB unified memory, macOS Ventura

iMac: mid-2017, Core i5 3GHz, 8GB RAM, AMD Radeon Pro 555 2GB, macOS Ventura.

Sims: MSFS, X-Plane 10, 11 & 12.

22 hours ago, dbw1 said:

22 hours ago, fakeflyer737 said:

can you post some screenshots? 

The website screenshots are a pretty good indicator of what they give you.

I might post some of the Shell aero and Avitat areas, later.

I think it’s a good $10 Canadian overpriced. The terminal hotel, Greyhound and Canada Post facilities are just stock. No BK117 or water bombers. They didn’t even bother to change the Halifax logo on the vehicle liveries.

It’s a shame the bigger studios don’t seem to think there is a market for this airport.

Edited by conundrum

3 hours ago, conundrum said:

It’s a shame the bigger studios don’t seem to think there is a market for this airport.

Yeah it's not great.

Edited by Tuskin38