Sign in to follow this  
RW1

REX Weather Force 2020 for Microsoft's Flight Simulator

1 hour ago, JRBarrett said:

How on earth (pun intended) did you get the second photo? Looks like you slewed the drone up about 100 miles? I’ll have to give that a try.

Yes, you can slew up into orbital heights. It's great for checking out storm systems, too. 🧐

• Like 1

10 hours ago, fs1 said:

And unfortunately Avsim permits this behavior and rants. 

Well, here's an idea - if you guys had your own forum you'd be in control, right?

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models

2 hours ago, RW1 said:

So i did a quick video of REX Weather Force 2020 injecting weather between reporting weather stations in NZ, I was 50nm from NZWN and 50nm north of NZCH my departure airport @FL370, REX obviously is having a short update here to depict cloud layers at 9000. FPS hit lasted about 15-20 sec all up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VyPxkspA8po&ab_channel=RW

This looks... strange.

18 minutes ago, darem said:

This looks... strange.

I would even say it simply looks BAD.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Roi Ben

11 hours ago, fs1 said:

Less agressive? Please read the amount of rant and 80% of the people that are judging the product have no facts and they don’t own it.

And Avsim moderators are just watching. 

If something REX has is the customer service, support system.

your statement is totally inaccurate.

I have already asked people to be objective when posting reports on this utility. There aren't dozens of moderators watching every post. We are unpaid volunteers. We censure where we consider it necessary.

As someone else said if REX had its own forum much of this discussion could take place there.

• Like 7

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

11 hours ago, fs1 said:

Less agressive? Please read the amount of rant and 80% of the people that are judging the product have no facts and they don’t own it.

And Avsim moderators are just watching. 

First of all it's a public forum not a court or a review website. It's a place for people to share opinions, discuss things and yes even rant. 

I dont think the mods are supposed to close each post that is not up to your liking or not helping your gross sales. 

If they were to close each post, people will eventually stop posting/replying and this forum will be pretty much lifeless. 

You dont agree with someone ? You can either reply him and discuss about it or simply don't enter the post. Simple as that.

Edited by roi1862
  • Like 12

Roi Ben

3 hours ago, RW1 said:

So i did a quick video of REX Weather Force 2020 injecting weather between reporting weather stations in NZ, I was 50nm from NZWN and 50nm north of NZCH my departure airport @FL370, REX obviously is having a short update here to depict cloud layers at 9000. FPS hit lasted about 15-20 sec all up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VyPxkspA8po&ab_channel=RW

At the risk of being attacked for commenting without actually owning the product by a word not allowed or even a member of REX, I can only comment on what I see here and that is truly abysmal.

• Like 5

20 minutes ago, DPSimulation said:

At the risk of being attacked for commenting without actually owning the product by a word not allowed or even a member of REX, I can only comment on what I see here and that is truly abysmal.

It's an opinion, That's exactly what this forum is for, Getting back on track, if you are vfr low and slow this injection of cloud forming is less prevalent, yes i agree the visual effects are not pleasing! However i will not dispute the depiction of cloud layers and forecast winds along with various measurements given by WF is mostly accurate and a huge step up from default.

tpewpb-6.png

I'd like to see how if ASOBO will enhance their "live weather" feature now that REX has shown that improvements can be made.

BTW, I'm disappointed that REX chose not to offer a discount to their existing customer base. To me, this says a lot about how they really feel about their customers.

• Like 2

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

26 minutes ago, DJJose said:

Any other users seeing this issue?

Yes I see is it real time or time lapse ? Looks like GPU has problem rendering

Keep Flying Robert

I7 12700KF, MSI RTX 3080ti Suprim X 12GB, G Skill Trident Z DDR5-6000 32 GB RAM, ASUS ROG STRIX Z690 F Gaming WiFi, Win 10 pro 2004 Build 21H2. 2x 1 TB Samsung SSD 860 EVO, 1 TB M 2.0 Crucial, Corsair AiO watercooled.

1 hour ago, roi1862 said:

I dont think the mods are supposed to close each post that is not up to your liking or not helping your gross sales. 

If they were to close each post, people will eventually stop posting/replying and this forum will be pretty much lifeless. 

You dont agree with someone ? You can either reply him and discuss about it or simply don't enter the post. Simple as that.

You completely missed the point. It's not about censorship, it's about folks who go on and on beating the same drum over and over, often without actually owning the product. Yes, we get it, REX is a miserable company, you hate everything they do, no need to harp on this for 20 pages.

Useful user to user information gets completely buried in the avalanche of nonsense.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Ricardo41 said:

You completely missed the point. It's not about censorship, it's about folks who go on and on beating the same drum over and over, often without actually owning the product. Yes, we get it, REX is a miserable company, you hate everything they do, no need to harp on this for 20 pages.

Useful user to user information gets completely buried in the avalanche of nonsense.

This topic name is "REX Weather Force 2020 for Microsoft's Flight Simulator"  which don't suggest its a topic about any useful tips or how-to suggestions about the product. Its a general discussion. 

I am really not trying to be an a**-h*** Ricardo. But, let people say what's on their mind. If people want a verified customers opinion or technical tips they can head to the right forum. I am sure REX got one. 

• Like 1

Roi Ben

4 minutes ago, Ricardo41 said:

What's your final analysis of the utility?

Here's what I hope REX can accomplish:

After I start REX WF it waits for sim to load and it automatically sets clear skies and detects what airport I'm in. Weather injection should be instantaneous or within a few seconds. Similar to ASP. I'm not sure if it's possible but it would be more user friendly if REX WF would take over those two steps.

3 minutes ago, roi1862 said:

to the right forum. I am sure REX got one. 

They have a discord community. That word alone should be a red flag.

Edited by DJJose
  • Like 1