Sign in to follow this  
RW1

REX Weather Force 2020 for Microsoft's Flight Simulator

40 minutes ago, fs1 said:

Why don’t you open a ticket at the support?

Why don't you instead take care of one of your customers "opening an internal ticket for him", or at least just kindly asking him some details? You sound like putting him at fault for the problems he's having with your software?

You guys should be a little less aggressive.

I've had some of your products in the past but the "mood" I get from this thread is that you are fighting your customers instead of supporting them...

Edited by Marco Manieri
  • Like 5
  • Upvote 1

Marco Manieri

Perugia - Italy

169055.png

10 hours ago, darem said:

Look, you don't have to WIN this discussion. Your point was made. Some agree, some don't - no need to drag this along with what everybody knows now: You don't see the point in the product, you won't buy it. Good.

Hey guys, it isn't like you are buying a real radar unit for a real plane, we are talking about $21 here.  Take the chance maybe you will like the product, if not if $21 will bust you find a new hobby.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Marco Manieri said:

Why don't you instead take care of one of your customers "opening an internal ticket for him", or at least just kindly asking him some details? You sound like putting him at fault for the problems he's having with your software?

You guys should be a little less aggressive.

I've had some of your products in the past but the "mood" I get from this thread is that you are fighting your customers instead of supporting them...

Less agressive? Please read the amount of rant and 80% of the people that are judging the product have no facts and they don’t own it.

And Avsim moderators are just watching. 

If something REX has is the customer service, support system.

your statement is totally inaccurate.

Edited by fs1
  • Like 1

Federico Sucari

I was quite shocked that there is no option to create custom weather (each element separately) as I was used to with Active Sky. That would be a great training tool and I imagine it can't be that hard to implement.

Tomáš Pokorný

sign.php?call=160   signature-dark.png

SYSTEM -> CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K @ 5.0 GHz | GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 Ti @ 2027 MHz | RAM: 2x8 GB G.Skill Trident RGB 3200 MHz | MOBO: AsRock Z370 Extreme 4 | SSD: Kingston 256 GB, Samsung 860 EVO 1 TB | HDD: Western Digital 1 TB | CPU COOLER: Corsair H115i | CASE: Corsair Obsidian Series 750D | PSU: Seasonic Focus Gold 750W 

EQUIPMENT -> YOKE: Saitek Pro Flight Yoke System + Throttle Quadrant, Saitek X52 | RUDDER PEDALS: Saitek Pedals | CAMERA: TrackIR 5

3 minutes ago, tommygavin2 said:

if $21 will bust you find a new hobby.

Ah yes, the mantra of the modern flight sim consumer. $21 here, $21 there, $35 for this $50 for that, Ooooo $135 for that shiny new thing. Next thing you know you’ve spent $1000+ on stuff you didn’t really like in the first place and don’t even use anymore.

• Like 17
  • Upvote 1

Chris

5 minutes ago, fs1 said:

Less agressive? Please read the amount of rant and 80% of the that are judging with no facts the product, they don’t own it.

If something REX has is the customer service.

your statement is totally inaccurate.

The phrase I quoted was your reply to somebody that owns the product.

I have no idea of what REX customer service is.

I clearly mentioned your interventions in this thread.

And I did not state anything else than my opinion, and that's surely something I can be accurate about.

• Like 2

Marco Manieri

Perugia - Italy

169055.png

18 minutes ago, Marco Manieri said:

The phrase I quoted was your reply to somebody that owns the product.

I have no idea of what REX customer service is.

I clearly mentioned your interventions in this thread.

And I did not state anything else than my opinion, and that's surely something I can be accurate about.

There is a ticket system to discuss problems. That is were the user can find the answers to his problems.  REX customer service is REX support system and is top notch team. 

People that want issues resolved will look into it, but most of the people who are complaining don’t own the product.

And unfortunately Avsim permits this behavior and rants. 

Edited by fs1
  • Like 2

Federico Sucari

10 minutes ago, fs1 said:

At the risk of dragging this even further off topic:  I've noted this problem here before.  I know the moderators give it their best effort and don't want to be seen as having a heavy hand, but at times they seem much too willing to allow a thread to be degraded by one or two posters who clearly are not participating with sincere intentions. 

There are often situations, such as in this thread here, where you could calm things by giving one or two persistent violators who seem determined to continue grinding their personal axes or just stirring the poop for the heck of it even after a warning from the moderators a temporary vacation from Avsim.  Even a day would be sufficient and people would get the idea fast.  That would allow those who are able to participate like adults continue to do so and make threads much more useful as a whole. 

I am very interested in how WF operates and how it compares to the stock weather engine.  It is completely impossible to figure that out from this thread because it's populated by a few people whose only goal is to interrupt everything to let the world know how much they hate REX and everything they stand for.  And they're allowed to go on.   But let a thread even start to drift in the direction of a piracy discussion and it's a way-way trip to lock-town for the whole thing.

It baffles me.

Edited by kaosfere
  • Like 7
  • Upvote 3

17 minutes ago, kaosfere said:

At the risk of dragging this even further off topic:  I've noted this problem here before.  I know the moderators give it their best effort and don't want to be seen as having a heavy hand, but at times they seem much too willing to allow a thread to be degraded by one or two posters who clearly are not participating with sincere intentions. 

There are often situations, such as in this thread here, where you could calm things by giving one or two persistent violators who seem determined to continue grinding their personal axes or just stirring the poop for the heck of it even after a warning from the moderators a temporary vacation from Avsim.  Even a day would be sufficient and people would get the idea fast.  That would allow those who are able to participate like adults continue to do so and make threads much more useful as a whole. 

I am very interested in how WF operates and how it compares to the stock weather engine.  It is completely impossible to figure that out from this thread because it's populated by a few people whose only goal is to interrupt everything to let the world know how much they hate REX and everything they stand for.  And they're allowed to go on.   But let a thread even start to drift in the direction of a piracy discussion and it's a way-way trip to lock-town for the whole thing.

It baffles me.

I agree with you. It is very clear to see this 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Federico Sucari

5 hours ago, airlinejets said:

The screenshots clearly show a throwback to FSX and P3D. For once, a flight simulator got clouds to look relatively close to their real-life counterparts, I'm not moving backwards, no way.

Rex doesn't draw clouds, it just injects weather data as I so far understand it.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

Hi all

Giving you my two cents opinion,

I'm a customer who bought for the first time from Rex.

I did a flight from Berlin to Vienna. The reported clouds at EDDT and LOWW were at the correct altitude. Even more, the upper winds were as well.

+Along the route I did not notice a sudden switch in weather. Rather a transition while I was enroute.

Dennis

• Like 3

I'll first say I do not have this add on, but from reading about it I have a suggestion, and if this is do-able then I would be more interested!

Is it possible have an option from within REX (say a check box to turn this option on or off) to create the weather from the METAR for the "world" as REX would normally do, but then if flying away from this station and about 20 miles away and there are NO other stations detected nearby (within 20 miles), have the REX weather engine automatically "turn off" rex and smooth into the MSFS weather? Then if REX weather engine detected flying within 20 miles of any other station, smooth back into the REX metar weather? This would give us the best of both worlds especially flying over oceans or areas with no reporting.

Edited by KERNEL32

25 minutes ago, Dennis98BE said:

Hi all

Giving you my two cents opinion,

I'm a customer who bought for the first time from Rex.

I did a flight from Berlin to Vienna. The reported clouds at EDDT and LOWW were at the correct altitude. Even more, the upper winds were as well.

+Along the route I did not notice a sudden switch in weather. Rather a transition while I was enroute.

Dennis

The question is, was the weather closer to reality than stock weather?

• Like 5

-

Belligerent X-Plane 12 enthusiast on Apple M1 Max 64GB

Just now, Colonel X said:

The question is, was the weather closer to reality than stock weather?

Exactly what I have been trying to get out of this 25 page conversation?

• Like 6
  • Upvote 2