Sign in to follow this  
RW1

REX Weather Force 2020 for Microsoft's Flight Simulator

1 hour ago, fs1 said:

This is a bug we are looking at.  We are not denying bugs, as SW have them.

I don't understand what you don't understand about smoothing. Weather Force has a smoothing feature that can be turned on and off. Some videos posted have the smoothing on, some of them have it off.

Do you own the product so you can check this? Thanks.

I do not have the product and like many others I am trying to get a feel for what this really does and if it holds up to the advertised features before purchasing.  I have owned many REX products and have also had some issues in the past with this type of stuff where the product had some core problems that were never fixed.  What I am seeing so far with WF in numerous videos and reports is a lot of very abrupt transitions, especially if you are flying airliners.  If that is how it is, then fine...just let us know that is how the product works.  It would save you a lot of support tickets!  It's the tapdancing around what appears to be core issues that bothers some of us.  Is it a bug or is it just how this product works?  Just be honest about it!  If the product cannot deal with a smooth transition between WX areas then you shouldn't advertise it that way.  I can't speak for all of the posters but I think people asking legitimate questions and having problems with the product should not always be looked at as an attack.  

9 minutes ago, rstough said:

2.) We STRONGLY recommend you review the User Manual before starting Weather Force.  I watched several Youtube videos and Twitch streams about the product and the product was not being used correctly so it failed. Please review the User Manual.  

Reed - Your manual is not clear on how these should be set:

Enable Instant Weather Load Causes the weather engine to load the weather instantaneously and not gradually over time. Use this option to counter heavy FPS issues.   

So this should be set to off I would assume?

Adjust Weather Transition Rates Determines the time it takes to transition the weather over time between injections.

What should this be set at....I would presume the furthest setting to the right but what is that actual timeframe? 10 seconds...10 minutes??

REX guys....please post a video of an airliner at cruise altitude above the weather showing us a smooth transition and what it is supposed to look like with the proper settings.  

• Like 4
  • Upvote 4

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

3 minutes ago, Flic1 said:

REX guys....please post a video of an airliner at cruise altitude above the weather showing us a smooth transition and what it is supposed to look like with the proper settings.  

^ This!

Can we finally get some solid information about this aspect? I've looked on the REX Discord server, and not even there I've seen anything on how the smooth transitions are supposed to look.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, rstough said:

Hello Everyone -

There are obviously A LOT of posts here about Weather Force. 

There is NO way to read all this right now and handle the support needs effectively.  So let me state the following:

1.) We are working on an update addressing some immediate fixes and this will be out shortly.  I will publish those fixes soon.  This will be on going as we are trying to identify some patterns with different situations.

2.) We STRONGLY recommend you review the User Manual before starting Weather Force.  I watched several Youtube videos and Twitch streams about the product and the product was not being used correctly so it failed. Please review the User Manual.  

https://1627369577.rsc.cdn77.org/zipfiles/6.0.2020.0926/usermanual_weatherforce.pdf

3.) If you have a support need we as that you direct your support at: http://rexsimulations.com/support.html We CANNOT answer support questions here at AVSIM.

4.) Please refrain from mis-information about the product if you do not own it or just have a beef with REX. If you want to vent then please vent with me personally at: rstough@rexgamestudios.com, it just makes this area toxic for everyone and we can't address the needs as they are.

The fact is there WILL be issues on an initial release and we will address them.  

Hi REX. The masses in the Discord that actually own this would have liked to see that. Its a dumpster fire there right now as im sure you know

• Like 1

I have read a lot of posts here and my conclusions are the default weather is the best (for me). Good luck making your own choices!

• Like 4
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, DPSimulation said:

Earlier in the thread you wanted to get rid of the rubbish and encourage more useful user to user information. That member gave some pretty decent feedback to help fellow members sitting on the fence but that isn't good enough for you either.

Start your own 'This Product Is Great - Only Comment If You love It!' thread. You can have all the positivity you want over there and the rest of us can monitor a thread with real gripes and concerns.

He did no such thing - he claimed the product was unusable, which is clearly nonsense and proclaimed that he had no interest in troubleshooting his problems and is probably going to ask for a refund. This is about as far from being a constructive contribution as you can get. 

2 hours ago, Flic1 said:

Why do you guys pretend this issue does not exist?  This is Environment Force deja vu.....denial about obvious core issues of the product that REX was not upfront about.

Here...someone posted a link about this a few pages back....this is not a "smooth" transition as you advertise....or is it???   From the REX website for WeatherForce... "dynamic, and smooth weather transitions"

NOW THIS IS WHAT I CALL DYNAMIC SMOOTH WEATHER INJECTION. LOL.

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

1 minute ago, mpo910 said:

NOW THIS IS WHAT I CALL DYNAMIC SMOOTH WEATHER INJECTION. LOL.

I already addressed this in a post it was something we are looking at. Thanks

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Federico Sucari

8 minutes ago, fs1 said:

I already addressed this in a post it was something we are looking at. Thanks

I saw that. Thanks anyway. 

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

If I where a responsible REX Member I would investigate some time with the team how to avoide this negativly behaviour and ask myself as REX: What could we do to change our image? What have we done that this came as it is?

Because somewhere  something has gone really wrong. 

Marcus

Edited by mpo910
  • Like 8

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

13 minutes ago, mpo910 said:

If I where a responsible REX Member I would investigate some time with the team how to avoide this negativly behaviour and ask myself as REX: What could we do to change our image? What have we done that this came as it is?

Because somewhere  something has gone really wrong. 

Marcus

I think you should stay in focus with the thread topic. Thanks

Federico Sucari

6 minutes ago, jabloomf1230 said:

Sometimes I think that online communication is a form of psychiatric self-help therapy.

This indeed is a truly really good observation. Commincation is much more going online. And wre are human beings who NEED to let some pressure out as soon as it got to high. Now we should go back on topic again. But I found your sentence not bad! I see it exactly like that but am NOT surprised.

Edited by mpo910

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

1 hour ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

HiFi and P3D or REX and P3D was very close to spot on to what Foreflight shows during the entire flight. 

How is default P3D Live weather? Compared to MSFS? Was awhile since last time I used it. Or do I need to purchase separate addon for 50USD? Then it better give me accurate weather. Wouldn't you agree?

EASA PPL SEPL ( NQ , EFIS, Variable Pitch, SLPC, Retractable undercarriage)
B23 / PA32R / PA28 / DA40 / C172S 

MSFS | X-Plane 12 |

On 9/27/2020 at 2:25 PM, fs1 said:
  • Does ASOBO/MSFS support your Addon or do they not recommend because the would like to keep these kind of functionallity within the core engine of the sim (NavBlue)?
  • Can we expect your Addon to work with MSFS for at least 6 months or longer? Or is there a chance MSFS/Asobo are locking the "used way" of your addon so that it will become unusable?

Thanks for answering out of 1.Hand!

Marcus

Can someone from REX Answer this. Please? Federico promissed to talk about this with @rstough

And in addition: Will the product be usable if MSFS gets updated without WF gets an update as long as MSFS did not change anything regarding WF related functions? So is WF directly mapped to a specific msfs version and MUST be updated after a msfs update?

Marcus

• Like 2

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

6 minutes ago, mpo910 said:

And in addition: Will the product be usable if MSFS gets updated without WF gets an update as long as MSFS did not change anything regarding WF related functions?

Marcus

The product is designed and is intended to work with MSFS updates. I can answer this question myself. Regarding the other ones, I have already asked the team to respond to you.

Edited by fs1

Federico Sucari

This product seems to be offering a solution to a problem that doesn’t really exist.

Not interested.

• Like 11

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea