Sign in to follow this  
GSalden

Update from PMDG

1 hour ago, mjw8899 said:

Translate: “these are our partners and we cannot overtly say that we are pulling our MSFS development staff to work on P3d planes.”

But, as he states almost immediately after,  “Since we had planned to be very deep into 737, 747, 777, J-41 and DC-6 conversion to MSFS by now- but it is clear that we won’t need to dedicate those resources to MSFS”

Translate: this bug filled google earth imitator doesnt deserve our time right now. 

Quotes Like Yours are the ones that take a positive FS2020 Threads and locks them up . 

Another way to Translate you quote is = I hate MSFS2020 is a game and when i take off from my chair at home the chair wont move . But when I try the holly grail of sims P3D my chair act exactly like it should. 

Im going to repeat what i had been saying lately. When anyone has a positive opinion about what may be coming from FS2020 in the Future someone’s else comes in does the best to try and word not allowed someone off and take the  thread to a lockdown... 

• Like 3

Image removed as image is no longer available.

4 minutes ago, rtodepart said:

Quotes Like Yours are the ones that take a positive FS2020 Threads and locks them up . 

Another way to Translate you quote is = I hate MSFS2020 is a game and when i take off from my chair at home the chair wont move . But when I try the holly grail of sims P3D my chair act exactly like it should. 

Im going to repeat what i had been saying lately. When anyone has a positive opinion about what may be coming from FS2020 in the Future someone’s else comes in does the best to try and word not allowed someone off and take the  thread to a lockdown... 

Don't take it so hard.  We'll get through this.  I think that it's called fake news these day.

Cheers

bs

Edited by bean_sprout

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X 12 CORE CPU - ZOTAC RTX 3060Ti GPU - NZXT H510i ELITE CASE - EVO M.2 970 500GB DRIVE - 32GB XTREEM 4000 MEM - XPG GOLD 80+ 650 WATT PS - NZXT 280 HYBRID COOLER

18 minutes ago, bean_sprout said:

Don't take it so hard.  We'll get through this.  I think that it's called fake news these day.

Continued "Fake News" is going to spark some involuntary vacations from AVSIM. This is getting tiresome.

Posting a clearly stated opinion is not a problem, but posting claims that are not factual is a problem.

Edited by n4gix
korrected speeling arrors!
  • Like 6

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

1 minute ago, n4gix said:

Continued "Fake News" is going to spark an involuntary vacation from AVSIM. This is getting tiresome.

You have the keys to the realm.

bs

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X 12 CORE CPU - ZOTAC RTX 3060Ti GPU - NZXT H510i ELITE CASE - EVO M.2 970 500GB DRIVE - 32GB XTREEM 4000 MEM - XPG GOLD 80+ 650 WATT PS - NZXT 280 HYBRID COOLER

On a positive note, this PMDG relaxed timeline will serve to further encourage other developers to produce quality payware airliners for MSFS. I certainly am not interested in buying any more PMDG products for P3d5. Not at those prices.

• Like 4

This PMDG news is great and expected . I have been on the Alpha since May. As much as I am rooting for Asobo, it’s just not ready for prime time. It will indeed bring a lot of new simmers, but those who want a better experience might not be best served by MSFS. In the near future anyway. PMDG acknowledges this. They also are very optimistic about the potential of the platform. So I really don’t see anything bad about this announcement. For now, P3D is the platform that suits their products, in a year, maybe MSFS will. 
As many have stated before. It is possible to have more than one sim on your pc.

• Like 1

I hope/wish a posting like this lights a fire under Asobo to get MSFS to a point where PMDG and others can develop high fidelity airliners for MSFS.  It’s honestly frustrating to read that the addon developers want to be in MSFS, obviously the simmers want them in, but the tools needed for all that to happen just aren’t being developed quickly. 

I’ve flown P3D all of once since buying MSFS...I may end up having to return to P3D when I get the airliner itch but it feels dated and I can’t really get back into it.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

35 minutes ago, jabloomf1230 said:

On a positive note, this PMDG relaxed timeline will serve to further encourage other developers to produce quality payware airliners for MSFS. I certainly am not interested in buying any more PMDG products for P3d5. Not at those prices.

Which other developers do you have in mind that will produce quality products for 2020? Besides PMDG and Aerosoft CRJ it's pretty quite and the SDK is not at the level they need it to be.

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

6 minutes ago, regis9 said:

I hope/wish a posting like this lights a fire under Asobo to get MSFS to a point where PMDG and others can develop high fidelity airliners for MSFS.  It’s honestly frustrating to read that the addon developers want to be in MSFS, obviously the simmers want them in, but the tools needed for all that to happen just aren’t being developed quickly. 

Well so far Asobo seem more interested in pretty world area updates like Japan...

Wish they would move future development assets from a scenery simulator back over to a serious flight simulator!

Chris Camp

I can’t fly in MSFS very long before I get bored, and then I return to P3dv4/5 and fly all of my great airliners. The PMDG 737NGXu is by far the one I fly the most. MSFS seems like it is going to be great in the future, but I find the default airliners to be less than satisfying. At 30,000 feet P3d doesn’t seem to look much different to me than MSFS. And since I only fly to and from payware airports things still look very good to me.

Cheers, Pete

• Like 1

Pete Solov - Lake in the Hills 3CK

and Schaumburg Regional 06C
Proud AOPA Member - PPL 2001
Real World Piper Cherokee Pilot

5 minutes ago, regis9 said:

I may end up having to return to P3D when I get the airliner itch but it feels dated and I can’t really get back into it.

My feelings as well. 

Even my loaded V5 with all addons at play, feel dull and lifeless. I took off from my local field in the A2A PA28, tried to mimic a pattern I flew some days ago in the real thing, and was appalled by the atmosphere (or lack of?). 

I quit the sim on left downwind. Such an archaic experience.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

EASA PPL SEPL ( NQ , EFIS, Variable Pitch, SLPC, Retractable undercarriage)
B23 / PA32R / PA28 / DA40 / C172S 

MSFS | X-Plane 12 |

The future depends on Asobo's willingness to tackle and solve the technical issues that advanced developers require. It would seem that the scenery is the easy part, and that is why new stuff is emerging.

If they don't provide the technical support required by the PMDG's of the world, it will remain a visual simulator.

Only time will tell.

David Porrett

1 minute ago, DavidP said:

The future depends on Asobo's willingness to tackle and solve the technical issues that advanced developers require. It would seem that the scenery is the easy part, and that is why new stuff is emerging.

If they don't provide the technical support required by the PMDG's of the world, it will remain a visual simulator.

Only time will tell.

6 minutes ago, Kilo60 said:

Well so far Asobo seem more interested in pretty world area updates like Japan...

Wish they would move future development assets from a scenery simulator back over to a serious flight simulator!

You should re-read PMDG's statement then because its pretty clear they are working on more then just pretty scenery (which by the way given how big Orbx is in multiple sim spaces is something a lot of people want): "We are now a few months beyond the initial release of MSFS, and yes, we are seeing a sharp up-tick in the rate at which the features we need are being implemented to MSFS and we are working hand-in-glove with our friends at Asobo to identify problems, knee-knockers, dead-stop items and the like as we move the 737 into MSFS. (Working in concert with Asobo has been a new experience for us, as we are normally very much just our own isolated team- but it has been invigorating to work with a team of devs so fully dedicated to the success of their platform. One day I will tell you what this is like and how it is changing the way we work.)"

• Like 1

Maybe we should start discussing something less controversial, like politics?   

• Like 7

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | RTX 4090 | 48GB DDR5 7200 RAM | 4TB M.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair H150i Liquid Cooled | 4K Dell G3223Q G-Sync | Win11 x64 Pro