Sign in to follow this  
GSalden

Update from PMDG

Like anything else, if you drop the ball, someone else will pick it up. I'm thinking that soon, some bright young people will enter FS2020 with renewed passion and ideas.

If you've been paying attention, the A320 by FlyWireSim is being updated every day and all this, with very little help or guidance from Asobo and their SDK.

What PMDG decides to do, is their business, but time waits for no one.

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, pjs37 said:

You should re-read PMDG's statement then because its pretty clear they are working on more then just pretty scenery (which by the way given how big Orbx is in multiple sim spaces is something a lot of people want): "We are now a few months beyond the initial release of MSFS, and yes, we are seeing a sharp up-tick in the rate at which the features we need are being implemented to MSFS and we are working hand-in-glove with our friends at Asobo to identify problems, knee-knockers, dead-stop items and the like as we move the 737 into MSFS. (Working in concert with Asobo has been a new experience for us, as we are normally very much just our own isolated team- but it has been invigorating to work with a team of devs so fully dedicated to the success of their platform. One day I will tell you what this is like and how it is changing the way we work.)"

P3D word not allowed are immune to those comments. It does not matter how many times the developers posts updates about how they are working on improving the SDK.

All that sticks is the free scenery that will be dropping regularly. And the Xbox part of course. Wait for the official Xbox release date news and we wont stop hearing about it.

• Upvote 3

// 5800X3D // RTX 3090 // 64GB RAM // HP REVERB G2 //

Just now, espent said:

P3D word not allowed are immune to those comments. It does not matter how many times the developers posts updates about how they are working on improving the SDK.

All that sticks is the free scenery that will be dropping regularly. And the Xbox part of course. Wait for the official Xbox release date news and we wont stop hearing about it.

Should I say "P3D supporter" instead? This automod is weird.

// 5800X3D // RTX 3090 // 64GB RAM // HP REVERB G2 //

1 hour ago, Wise87 said:

Which other developers do you have in mind that will produce quality products for 2020? Besides PMDG and Aerosoft CRJ it's pretty quite and the SDK is not at the level they need it to be.

PMDG doesn't have a lock on innovation.  Plenty of developers will ramp up and give us as good or better planes for FS2020 and will reap the financial benefits as well.  That is what capitalism is all about.

Cheers

bs

Edited by bean_sprout
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X 12 CORE CPU - ZOTAC RTX 3060Ti GPU - NZXT H510i ELITE CASE - EVO M.2 970 500GB DRIVE - 32GB XTREEM 4000 MEM - XPG GOLD 80+ 650 WATT PS - NZXT 280 HYBRID COOLER

6 minutes ago, espent said:

exactly , I noticed this behavior too no matter how well they explain what the plans are and what is currently being worked on some refuse to read and acknowledge that . 

Image removed as image is no longer available.

PMDG announce that it's going to be a longer wait, after having spoken out of their rectum previously.  I'm shocked.  This has absolutely never happened before, and certainly could not have been anticipated by anyone.

• Like 5

I like the look of those Dreamliners on the background of the picture. Hopefully that is their secret project.

3 hours ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

Positive news for P3D.

Delayed news for MSFS (expected that given current state of SDK) ... but by Q4 2021 we'll be on P3D V6.  

But I agree, I'm pretty sure it will eventually happen for MSFS ... worse case would be dropping of some systems/features that they just couldn't implement or maybe we'll get a "lite" version, but it seems RR is committed to a full complex version for MSFS.

Very interested in the new product for P3D ... a Concord with those afterburners?  😉

Cheers, Rob.

P3D v6? Is that after installing 648 hot fixes first? 
Even Señor R from PMDG land thinks MSFS is the future for flight simming. 

Games like P3D - I still don’t see anything 3D in it - will soon fade into the distance. 

59 minutes ago, RobJC said:

Maybe we should start discussing something less controversial, like politics?   

How about We talk about the weather? ......oh, wait. On second thought, you are right.  Politics is probably safer 😂

Chris

Politics is boring - especially on a weekend.

bs

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X 12 CORE CPU - ZOTAC RTX 3060Ti GPU - NZXT H510i ELITE CASE - EVO M.2 970 500GB DRIVE - 32GB XTREEM 4000 MEM - XPG GOLD 80+ 650 WATT PS - NZXT 280 HYBRID COOLER

4 hours ago, abrams_tank said:

PDMG sees the writing on the wall for XPlane and P3D.  Throwing more money and manpower at a dying platform will not keep PDMG in business.

abrams_tank

I don't know about P3D but how fo you lump X Plane into this equation when it comes to" Throwing more money and manpower at a dying platform" when they have not made anything for X Plane 11, choose to build an aircraft very few wanted while abandon support for the DC6 in Xplane 10? The only money (if they use any) that they threw was on market studies, whether or not they were going to make any money.  Which IMO was a guaranteed loss since they didn't developing anything to sale.

Edited by BobFS88

777 massive update is finally coming to the testers in October. I'll be flying her in P3D 5.1 by Thanksgiving. Love it!

Eric 

PMDG stick to P3D and leave MSFS alone the community will fix the planes for free. Those old watered up FSX sims are in the past. 

Edited by jbdbow1970

3 hours ago, langly said:

Yeah, if the new car is missing a wheel, the steering wheel is reversed, the seatbelts only work in the back seats, and it starts up 50% of the time.

Sure little buddy, you tell  yourself whatever you need that helps you sleep at night while the neighbors enjoy the fabulous new car...

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, jbdbow1970 said:

PMDG stick to P3D and leave MSFS alone the community will fix the planes for free. Those old watered up FSX sims are in the past. 

You dont want PMDG level planes in MSFS? There is only so much that can be done with default aircraft. And I would also like to have wider range of jets than default listing.