Sign in to follow this  
airlinejets

Patch 1.9.3.0

My first flight post patch went smoothly last night.  Did a tour around Tokyo and then to Mount Fuji.  No issues, B58 flew well and the autopilot was stable.  Tokyo looks great and I’m looking forward to exploring Japan further...it’s not an area I’ve spent much time flight simming in.  It works out well for live flying since it’s daytime there when it’s evening where i live.

• Like 1

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

2 hours ago, John Fields said:

Hi!
I installed the patch and Japan last night.

Today I have had three sudden and inexplicable CTDs.

So... I'm affraid we'll have to wait to another patch!

Try doing the same trip but this time with lower Graphics settings and please post your results here.

I had the same issue when I took the Nagasaki-Narita sighseeing trip. experienced my first CTD.  I lowered my settings from Ultra to High and it seems to last lot longer before CTD.

Edited by Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

I'll try it tomorrow, but I havew to say that almost all my graphics settings are high, not ultra.

We'll see!

Thank you.

4 hours ago, Concorde79 said:

I want to revert back to the previous patch !!!!!!!!!!

MS/Asobo should really consider setting up a separate Beta test branch available to all users, like many AAA games do in Steam, and X-Plane does for Betas. It's easy to revert to the latest official version if you try the Beta branch and something is messed up.

You'd think an industry titan like Microsoft would be able to set this up, and I don't understand why they're not doing it.

• Like 3

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

13 minutes ago, Paraffin said:

MS/Asobo should really consider setting up a separate Beta test branch available to all users, like many AAA games do in Steam, and X-Plane does for Betas. It's easy to revert to the latest official version if you try the Beta branch and something is messed up.

You'd think an industry titan like Microsoft would be able to set this up, and I don't understand why they're not doing it.

Well I think its less MS and more Asobo remember they are a more traditional game developer so generally you don't roll out like Beta Patches and Final Patches or even hotfixes that often.  This may just be them not quite getting this side of things.  If you look at their game history they did not have to really do this sort of rolling update thing it was done more as a result of being pushed ot market earlier then  think they had planned.  Hopefully they figure it out I think its a great idea.

The mystery of the missing aircraft... 

After downloading and installing the patch I was asked to do a reinstall on a larger drive than the one presently used. 94+ GB later (standard edition) everything runs rather smoothly. The general impression is better than before on my rather old rig.

However, something must have happened. I have only 2 planes tu use: the C152 and the Daher. The rest of them is nowhere to be found! Not in developer mood either

Would be nice to have my planes back. Specially the Cubs since I enjoy bush flying a lot and avoid dense areas to keep my framerate bearable,

(Acer Predator G3-605   i5-4460
8GB 1600MHz
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 2GB)
I just ignore the mini spec warning and enjoy flying.

• Upvote 1

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

1 hour ago, pjs37 said:

Well I think its less MS and more Asobo remember they are a more traditional game developer so generally you don't roll out like Beta Patches and Final Patches or even hotfixes that often.  This may just be them not quite getting this side of things.  If you look at their game history they did not have to really do this sort of rolling update thing it was done more as a result of being pushed ot market earlier then  think they had planned.  Hopefully they figure it out I think its a great idea.

I doubt that. Microsoft are the publisher. They dictate how it's distributed, in what state it is to be published and when. The studio wouldn't have much of a say in whether they're allowed to release beta versions to the public because it's the publisher's property.

Also not true about games developers not releasing patches and hotfixes often. There was a huge update to No Man's Sky, this past week, and the next day a patch was released, and a day later another small patch. It entirely depends on the studio and the publisher, not whether or not they are a simulator or games developer.

Edited by March Hare

Yesterday I changed the settings to Medium and High.

There was no CTD whatsoever

But I have a Geforce 2080 Super Ventus, a i9900 processor, 32 GB of RAM and a formidable Samsung M2 SSD.

What's up? Can't I have higher settings?

Hope we don't have to wait for two weeks for the patch that fixes the latest patch bugs...

I am currently in the middle of my around the world tour with the TBM930 and can't fly until she gets fixed. What makes me angry is that TBM930 used to work fine BEFORE the patch, now it is broken.

Doesn't anybody test the patches at ASOBO before releasing them ???????

First flight post the new patch, did a flight in New Meixco in the TBM.  No issues apart from needing to re-set rolling cache.  AP ok; so hope for more good flights.  A shame we have to auto-update on their schedule, but I am thankful for updates and improvements nevertheless.

Simon

The Auto-Update to their schedule is the norm in the console world and this sim will be released on XBOX. There is no option in the console world to opt out of an update. It makes complete sense for games with multi-player in particular as everyone needs to be playing by the same rules. Just like when people start playing the game on XBOX then the Community folder feature will not exist on XBOX as manual intervention on the install does not exist for consoles which are completely locked down and any peripherals that don't have an XBOX security chip will not work. A lot of people that are just used to PC simming have not realised this yet.

CJ

Edited by CJ1045
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, CJ1045 said:

The Auto-Update to their schedule is the norm in the console world and this sim will be released on XBOX. There is no option in the console world to opt out of an update. It makes complete sense for games with multi-player in particular as everyone needs to be playing by the same rules. Just like when people start playing the game on XBOX then the Community folder feature will not exist on XBOX as manual intervention on the install does not exist for consoles which are completely locked down and any peripherals that don't have an XBOX security chip will not work. A lot of people that are just used to PC simming have not realised this yet.

CJ

I take it you didn’t watch the Q&A recently? 

• Like 1