Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

I'm personally done with MSFS post 3rd patch..

Dear MS/ASOBO.

The LOD got worser and worser with every patch. But now it is FSX style…This is not acceptable anymore.

IF this is the answer for the performance issues some are having, or preparing VR for better FPS, than something is clearly going wrong.

you should not cut the visualls, wich are a truly USP as it was once at the beginning, BUT ELIMINATE the cause of the problem. And that is not the drawing of lots of buildings, trees etc. within the  “normal” LODS. Is DX11 cutting your possibillities here ASOBO? Did you overtook “yourself” with this beginningly stunning looking sim? And now, after complains about performance and tons of sold copies cutting the eye candy to change it for performance increase?

THAT at least is the feeling I am getting. I already thought that as I saw the low FPS and matched this with your promisses to bring VR in the sim.

Now it seems becoming clear that Quality always comes in conflict with performance.

You shoud probably priorities DX12 to get rid of a part of the bottleneck and give us the promissed quality!

BUT CUTTING THE LOD (=Visuals) to increase performance is loosing my interest in your product.

THAT combined with your word not allowed as real as it gets airliners is keeping me of your plattform. Because as a simmer and a customer who did believe in your plattform once, you starting to loose with this way you decided to go!

I am off.

An maybe back if you deliver what you promissed us!

Marcus

Edition Windows 10 Home
Version 2004
Installed on 20200501
OS Build 19041.508
Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.31.0

Latest Nvidia Drivers

i9 10900K @ 5.0 Ghz | HT OFF | 1.32V
Mainboard ASUS ROG Maximus XII Formula Z490
32 GB RAM 3600 Mhz Corsair Vengeance | 4x8GB
RTX Titan 24GB
32" Samsung UHD Monitor using 4k
Custom Water Cooling | 2x 360MM | 1x 240MM Radiator
HP Reverb v2 VR HMD | Steam VR

Edited by mpo910
  • Like 5
  • Upvote 1

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

I am with the op on this one.

before patch 3 I was able to fly over the PNW WA state for five hours airport hopping.

patch 3 is like a ghost controls it for me.

sitting at Tacoma narrows airport in glass Cessna 172 for five minutes not touching a thing in game, quick Crash to desktop.

load it back up. Go to external view because I like to enjoy watching what I fly over and around me, i hit v on keyboard another CTD.

start a flight on the fly around Japan default thong at main menu, get to first airport, everything is glittery and flickering on left side of runway and couldn’t make it out.

come to figure it out, game has broken taa and super sample antialiasing broken or disabled.

Everything has bad jaggies and shimmering to it now.

using vfr map, CTD every-time.

then I go to fly around local towns and I have 50-100 ft tall buildings everywhere even in peoples houses and farms around the PNW. Makes it look like a big vs small community, wink.

weather not working

ap not working

i made a funny landing in field so I could use drone camera mode to check out an area, five minutes in doing that and it said I damaged my aircrafts landing gear and did the crash box where I needed to restart my flight or main menu, my plane was parked with parking break in a flat field.

also the mysterious ghost that turns buttons and switches in your aircraft while your manually trying to fly it, such as changing your fuel tank selection knob and engine cuts out.

also water was changed again and there are no reflections anymore that are realistic and water looks weird, hard to describe.

every patch, more things broken, nothing really fixed, and game crashing all the time, yet they added new scenery?

serious question, is asobo even a game developer or just a scenery design office? Do they have a background in game making and a portfolio? Why did Microsoft go with them versus others?

Paying so much money for something that is so unstable is very frustrating and upsetting..

I apologize to the OP of this post.

6 hours ago, Sesquashtoo said:

"Ten Four!"  Have a blast, Jose! Truly!

I was about to give up.. Here's bright solution a member posted here at Avsim, and TOTALLY changed my sim for good. Install this small software which you can use to make your COU really use all cores.  

It's called Park Control. And use the highest settings--   Bitmus .. The difference ( Iam seeing) is Gigantic!

My cpu cores were only being used at 25%.. Now they are used at nearly 70% and the sim renders, and behaves really nice and smooth.    

8 hours ago, Sesquashtoo said:

At RTM, this area...had forestry and farm buildings practically to the horizon!   This...is simply and utterly, DISGUSTING!!!!

I don't understand what is so disgusting about it, look fine with me, here's my screeshots on Ultra on 7700k, 32GB GTX 1080.

vcG8cKT.jpg

4k0WRwM.jpg

NJlYEuR.jpg

Not perfect shots, but with good frame rates I'm satisfied about it. sometimes we just need to keep the setting right, I do more flying than tweaking got 46hrs now. I know that the sim is just less than 2 months old and has a long way to run. it's very premature to loose our cool when things are not the way we wanted to be. I agree that the sim was released early, but since there are tons of people whining to get into Alpha (including me)and here we are. for me flying on this sim is enjoyable. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Kilo60 said:

Well, I'm not surprised since they needed to nerf the LOD radius for the upcoming XBOX release.  Also expect them to add an artificial fog to further lower the LOD in the future.

That makes no sense to me. From what I remember of the new XBox specs, it's a stronger system than the PC I'm using now. Why would they need to reduce detail on my PC rig, for a console system that has a beefier CPU and GPU?

Putting on a tinfoil hat, maybe it's for future VR integration, but it still doesn't make sense to force current users to take a step back in LOD from what they had in a previous patch and was working fine, just for the sake of VR. That's a tiny part of the market, compared to the rest of us flying with 2D monitors.

• Upvote 1

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

2 hours ago, HiFlyer said:

Just about everyone on this thread is (apparently) saying they have this issue.

I wonder how much is individual perception?

Would you say this picture over Tokyo is suffering severe (and new) lod issues?

actually tokyo is just fine for me, but its other cities like LA, Chicago, Miami, NY and some others that has the issue since around the first update.  They look nothing like tokyo when it comes to LOD. 

If the rendering distance has dropped off, there's no explanation for it... even if the game needs to be optimized for other platforms, that can be done through settings so that high-end PCs can enjoy as much detail as they can possibly power.

7 minutes ago, Paraffin said:

just for the sake of VR. That's a tiny part of the market, compared to the rest of us flying with 2D monitors.

I understand what you are saying.

But BIG enough to got the highest priority on their list, it was not even planned before. And, they combine it with the relaunch of a HMD HP Reverb G2 VR Headset.

So they have "some pressure" now. 

And as i sayd, quality alsways is limited! And always related to performance. That never changed.

Fact is, we had worser performance and better visual quality at the laungh compared to now. 

Marcus

Edited by mpo910

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

21 minutes ago, joemiller said:

I was about to give up.. Here's bright solution a member posted here at Avsim, and TOTALLY changed my sim for good. Install this small software which you can use to make your COU really use all cores.  

It's called Park Control. And use the highest settings--   Bitmus .. The difference ( Iam seeing) is Gigantic!

My cpu cores were only being used at 25%.. Now they are used at nearly 70% and the sim renders, and behaves really nice and smooth.    

Besides seeing core use go up to 70% what was the gigantic difference?  Frame rate?  Visuals?

• Upvote 1

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

30 minutes ago, joemiller said:

Not going to help with lod issues

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

1 hour ago, ShawnG said:

I mean, if the comparison shot meant to shame the sim is an actual aviation photo, the sim can’t be that bad...

Yes different lens, different perspective, different weather and etc

13124718_10208028125814502_5816139491883

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

1 hour ago, craigeaglefire said:

please remember that is 'theoretical' speeds,

what you actually get delivered may be a different matter!

Right, but I have the test download speed/upload speed on my ISP site...and I am certainly getting my full package spec. 🙂