Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

I'm personally done with MSFS post 3rd patch..

Just got home to see how bad it was.  Yeah.  Huge downgrade. Had to up my terrain and object LOD to 400 on both to get it back looking pre-patch(ish) and there is still something quite odd how it's handling LOD now. Almost erratic and it doesn't help with tree rendering

While slewing forward you can watch objects and trees pop in 2 miles out, then I stop moving forward and even see random patches pop OUT.  Like the sim was like "LOL just kidding". 

Edited by styckx

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

1 hour ago, mpo910 said:

Dear MS/ASOBO.

The LOD got worser and worser with every patch. But now it is FSX style…This is not acceptable anymore.

IF this is the answer for the performance issues some are having, or preparing VR for better FPS, than something is clearly going wrong.

you should not cut the visualls, wich are a truly USP as it was once at the beginning, BUT ELIMINATE the cause of the problem. And that is not the drawing of lots of buildings, trees etc. within the  “normal” LODS. Is DX11 cutting your possibillities here ASOBO? Did you overtook “yourself” with this beginningly stunning looking sim? And now, after complains about performance and tons of sold copies cutting the eye candy to change it for performance increase?

THAT at least is the feeling I am getting. I already thought that as I saw the low FPS and matched this with your promisses to bring VR in the sim.

Now it seems becoming clear that Quality always comes in conflict with performance.

You shoud probably priorities DX12 to get rid of a part of the bottleneck and give us the promissed quality!

BUT CUTTING THE LOD (=Visuals) to increase performance is loosing my interest in your product.

THAT combined with your word not allowed as real as it gets airliners is keeping me of your plattform. Because as a simmer and a customer who did believe in your plattform once, you starting to loose with this way you decided to go!

I am off.

An maybe back if you deliver what you promissed us!

Marcus

Edition Windows 10 Home
Version 2004
Installed on 20200501
OS Build 19041.508
Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.31.0

Latest Nvidia Drivers

i9 10900K @ 5.0 Ghz | HT OFF | 1.32V
Mainboard ASUS ROG Maximus XII Formula Z490
32 GB RAM 3600 Mhz Corsair Vengeance | 4x8GB
RTX Titan 24GB
32" Samsung UHD Monitor using 4k
Custom Water Cooling | 2x 360MM | 1x 240MM Radiator
HP Reverb v2 VR HMD | Steam VR

My gawd...you have a word-not-allowed of a system!!!!  WOW!   Dang!  That dang nears a Craig Main Frame!   Do you do part time number crunching for the Pentagon?!?!??   🙂

Edited by Sesquashtoo

1 minute ago, Sesquashtoo said:

My gawd...you have a word-not-allowed of a system!!!!  WOW!   Dang!

THNX. With High settings /2 or 3 sliders are on Ultra) I get steady 40 FPS. Rendering scaling is at 100, LOD Terrain 200 and LOD Building 200. Clouds Ultra.

Steady 40 FPS99% FPS above 25.

Even this is hammering my system and the LOD thing is so uggly! 

I am flying the Japsan route Event now and seeing only blurry terrain in frint of me (=point of view a view miles in front of the plane at cockpits).

Only the direct surrounding is clear.....

Even at the "Japan-Mount" picture what we al see online and at the start of MSFS APP as a welcome screen is having this LOD issue.....look at the tree line left from the mountain. Very odd.

I would give it a try....but after this flight I won´t have any fun with it. 

Marcus

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

21 minutes ago, sd_flyer said:

LOD 100

Your LOD 50 and 100 shots are absolutely stunning.

Edited by spacedyemeerkat

I'll tell You what I am done with, all this (word not allowed) moaning!!

• Like 9

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 4.2 32 gig ram, Nvidia RTX3060 12 gig, Intel 760 SSD M2 NVMe 512 gig, M2NVMe 1Tbt (OS) M2NVMe 2Tbt (MSFS) Crucial MX500 SSD (Backup OS). VR Oculus Quest 2

YouTube:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96wsF3D_h5GzNNJnuDH3WQ   ProATC/SR FB Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1571953959750565

Flight Simulator First Officer User Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/564880128522788 ProATC/SR and Flight Sim First Officer (FSFO) Beta tester

Reality Is For People Who Can't Handle Simulation!

Just now, SierraHotel said:

I'll tell You what I am done with, all this (word not allowed) moaning!!

People do have a right to moan but man alive, some perspective would be good.

Shudder to think of the collective blood pressure on display in this thread.

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, styckx said:

Just got home to see how bad it was.  Yeah.  Huge downgrade. Had to up my terrain and object LOD to 400 on both to get it back looking pre-patch(ish) and there is still something quite odd how it's handling LOD now. Almost erratic and it doesn't help with tree rendering

While slewing forward you can watch objects and trees pop in 2 miles out, then I stop moving forward and even see random patches pop OUT.  Like the sim was like "LOL just kidding". 

A few contributors have also mentioned that that .cfg alteration is not working as it was pre P3.

2 minutes ago, spacedyemeerkat said:

People do have a right to moan but man alive, some perspective would be good.

Shudder to think of the collective blood pressure on display in this thread.

Now...that was funny!  Made me smile...and run down to the kitchen to drop another pill....:)

4 minutes ago, Sesquashtoo said:

A few contributors have also mentioned that that .cfg alteration is not working as it was pre P3.

Is does in some regards but doesn't in others. Again. The best I can describe it is completely erratic in behavior with how it's generating literally everything now. I'd like (hope) to think this is an actual bug. I refuse to believe even on a console this would be acceptable to users. It's worse than FSX at this point. 

Edited by styckx

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

1 minute ago, styckx said:

Is it in some regards but isn't in others. Again. The best I can describe it is completely erratic in behavior with how it's generating literally everything now. I'd like (hope) to think this is an actual bug. I refuse to believe even on a console this would be acceptable to users. It's worse than FSX at this point. 

Noted!

I just flew the Japan discovery trip, and wow, visuals have certainly taken a step backward. Mesh popping, autogen popping, blurry scenery in the distance, AA shimmering! Never had that before. Seriously remined me of FSX at times.

Edited by gunther
  • Like 2

Just grabbed a coffee and started lurking on the official P3 thread....and wow...it can be best described as a full blown running Flame Thrower...some of the comments can 'virtually' singe your facial hair...sad.

An eloquent example:

'I agree with GALOJOSE. Each update is a nightmare, a step backward. They should restart from the beginning, ASOBO is not improving the product, if we look to all patches since the launch, in fact we don’t see a true improvement in nothing, what we see are new bugs to be solved in next patch that creates new bugs to be solved in the next patch… until now is a never ending story. The topic about VFR map is ridiculous. They need developers and they need people to test the product before they release.'

'The August 18th version was the most stable version of the software. They should roll back to it, and fix the known bugs at that time, that were so little compared to what we have now. But test and test and test before release a patch for gods sake. And fix your installers: probably the worst ever made. So many ppl having to reinstall the whole game 100gb multiple times. And forget about scenery for a moment. Let the design team keep working but don't release more of it. Let us have a decent simulator first, then release the scenery fix's for Its so obvious.'

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To that, I say AMEN, brother!  Take me back to the RTM release....and then fix the PLANES and Instrument Panels, leaving the scenery coding ALONE!

Edited by Sesquashtoo
  • Upvote 2

Let's try to make this happen:

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/please-add-an-option-to-defer-patches-updates/

I think most of us would agree with this. Even for those of you who have a perfectly smooth experience with MSFS right now, the risk of breakage is high given the precedents.

People who want to "beta test" the latest patch can do so while the rest wait until things stabilize. Some things like the tall buildings are probably caused partially by Azure changes and not local patches, but we shouldn't be exposed to mediocre patches with high CTD potential, among other things.

• Upvote 1

Nothing new here at all..

The usual pity party & moans from  those that rushed to be amongst the first to get the sim, without a due diligence wait to see what others had to say.

Maybe it should have been called MSFS Early Access!

However.. the pictures taken are great indeed, far better than anything else from the past. New beginnings for all that are happy!!

Remember, it's just a game that's simulating a simulator, with amazing visuals & some meh planes!

By the way, what is the difference between I'm personally done with MSFS post 3rd patch. & I'm done with....?

As an aside, is it not redundant to put in 'personally', which means 'I', after an 'I'?  - asking for a friend..

Edited by Wobbie
  • Like 1

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

I'm there myself,I'm leaving on my system because I got tons of room and will run it when a patch shows up,patch 3 or 20 these guys don't have a clue.first start CTD 2nd startup hey

I'm finally getting live weather blue sky  and thunder and lightning all the way to Nagasaki L0l.