Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

I'm personally done with MSFS post 3rd patch..

19 minutes ago, Fielder said:

Not sure if this is mentioned before in thread, in some installations the relevant files is found at a different path:

C:\Users\Your User Name Whatever It Is\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator'

UserCfg.opt (filename).

Example: (I'm not sure what happens when you increase the terrain and objects LoDfactor past 2.000 because patch 3 just started downloading and I can' check it out right now).

Not trying to be mean, but if you're going to post the entire contents of a cfg file can you please hide it behind the spoiler tag (the eyeball in the editor)? It's annoying to scroll through all that on a phone, then when someone quotes it even more annoying..

Spoiler

Version 66
{Video
    Adapter "NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER"
    Monitor 0
    Windowed 1
    FullscreenBorderless 0
    Resolution 1920 1034
    FullScreenResolution 1920 1080
    PrimaryScaling 1.000000
    SecondaryScaling 1.000000
    VSync 0
    HDR10 1
    PosX 0
    PosY 0
}
{Graphics
    Version 1.1.0
    Preset Ultra
    {Texture
        MaxAnisotropy 16
        Quality 0
    }
    {SuperSampling
        SuperSampling 3
    }
    {Terrain
        LoDFactor 2.000000
    }
    {ObjectsLoD
        LoDFactor 2.000000
    }
    {Shadows
        MaxSliceCount 4
        Size 2048
        MaxDist 10000.000000
        DLightContributionCullingThresholdS0 0.100000
        DLightContributionCullingThresholdS1 0.100000
        DLightContributionCullingThresholdS2 0.100000
        DLightContributionCullingThresholdS3 0.100000
        OmniContributionCullingThreshold 0.000000
    }
    {HeightFieldShadows
        Enabled 1
        Size 1024
    }
    {SSRaytracedShadows
        Enabled 1
        Quality 3
    }
    {Water
        FFTSize 512
    }
    {VolumetricClouds
        Enabled 1
        Quality 3
    }
    {VolumetricLights
        Enabled 1
        Quality 3
    }
    {LightShafts
        Enabled 1
        Quality 3
    }
    {SSR
        Enabled 1
        HalfRes 0
        Quality 3
    }
    {WindShield
        Quality 3
    }
    {SSAO
        Enabled 1
        Quality 3
    }
    {SSSSS
        Enabled 1
        Quality 3
    }
    {AA
        Enabled 1
        Type 2
        Quality 3
    }
    {Bloom
        Enabled 1
        Quality 3
    }
    {DOF
        Enabled 1
        Quality 3
    }
    {Buildings
        Enabled 1
        Quality 3
    }
    {VegetationLarge
        Enabled 1
        Quality 3
    }
    {VegetationSmall
        Enabled 1
        Quality 3
    }
    {TextureSynthesis
        Quality 3
    }
    {PostProcess
        Enabled 1
        EyeAdaptation 1
        ColorGrading 1
        Sharpen 1
        Fringe 1
        LensDistortion 0
        Dirt 1
        LensFlare 1
        FilmGrain 1
        Vignette 1
        LensBlurMultiplier 1.000000
        FringeMultiplier 1.000000
    }
    {VectorDataTessellation
        Enabled 1
        Quality 3
    }
}
InstalledPackagesPath "C:\Users\IBUYPOWER\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator\Packages"

• Upvote 1

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

11 minutes ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

Yeah, same thing happened to me after the patch, shame ... anyone able to get above 2, seems to be capped at max 2 internally now?  I think I know the reason ... server streaming loads may have drastically increased when more of us started using this tweak.  When I was using this tweak in prior builds I got a "bandwidth limit" message that popped up mid flight so I paused the sim thinking I was having ISP bandwidth issues, test my ISP bandwidth and I was at 690Mbps so I know it wasn't my end so I'm guessing server side?

Cheers, Rob.

If it is a bandwith issue, then they should solve it on their side, not on the user side.

Reducing the visual quality "after release" isn´t a good thing to do.

Marcus

Edited by mpo910
  • Upvote 2

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

5 minutes ago, EGLD said:

at 30,000 feet I'm not sure we need to be seeing too much autogen, what purpose does it serve?

I appreciate this is going to make me sounds like a smart word not allowed, but you should just avoid zooming your view too much as cruise altitude - at default zooms the scenery looks incredible, and that reflects real life

we can't have endless detailed scenery in all directions forever with current computing hardware

Your post irritated me.

This is "just the normal standard cockpit view" and it shows clearly blurry textures that where not there in that way before the latest patch and even less after release.

And, it occurs even at 4000ft.

I can agree on the autogen point. But the ground textures "within the normal view" must be sharp(er) compared to what this picture shows.

Marcus

Edited by mpo910
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

So if you used 200, is it still 200 ?

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Just now, Nyxx said:

So if you used 200, is it still 200 ?

I can´t tell you, hard to say. But if I use 200, it looks blurry at 4000ft right in front/surrounding of my plane.

Just sitting in the cockpit and having the standard cockpit view, in front of me, directly above my dashboard, it is blurry/unsharp.

Marcus

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

2 minutes ago, mpo910 said:

Your post irritated me.

This is "just the normal standard cockpit view" and it shows clearly blurry textures that where not there in that way before the latest patch and even less after release.

And, it occurs even at 4000ft.

I can agree on the autogen point. But the ground textures "within the normal view" must be sharp(er) compared to what this picture shows.

Marcus

sorry for irritating you 😞

that's a very zoomed in view, not a standard cockpit view

zoom the view to default and let's see what it looks like - I bet it looks great

when i zoom in that much I've always had blurry textures, from the first Alpha I had access to

10 minutes ago, mpo910 said:

Exactly, it is capped. Having the same issue (it is probably no issue but a "feature" to gain performance). But a very bad one....

Marcus

So you and Rob are saying they shut that back door .cfg user edit down?  Locked it to a cap of the internal slider?   Makes sense for them to do that...for the server costs, is still on their dime.  Not being an M.S. apologist in the slightest...but can see it.

2 minutes ago, EGLD said:

sorry for irritating you 😞

that's a very zoomed in view, not a standard cockpit view

zoom the view to default and let's see what it looks like - I bet it looks great

when i zoom in that much I've always had blurry textures, from the first Alpha I had access to

No Harm 😉

No, even with a standard cockpit view, not zoomed, (just the standard untouched settings) it looks blurry directly above my dashboard or in very near surrounding from my plane.

The textures are very blurry

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

5 minutes ago, styckx said:

Not trying to be mean, but if you're going to post the entire contents of a cfg file can you please hide it behind the spoiler tag (the eyeball in the editor)? It's annoying to scroll through all that on a phone, then when someone quotes it even more annoying..

Thanks, I edited it down a bit.

• Like 1

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

5 minutes ago, Sesquashtoo said:

So you and Rob are saying they shut that back door .cfg user edit down?  Locked it to a cap of the internal slider?   Makes sense for them to do that...for the server costs, is still on their dime.  Not being an M.S. apologist in the slightest...but can see it.

Exactly that is what I am experiencing.

No visual change even after chaging the cfg

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

46 minutes ago, Sesquashtoo said:

'Personally done', (with this or that) ...refers to having one's definitive reasons to end an association, rather than a higher rhetorical objective overreach.  One can quit/end something with impunity. Another will quit for concrete, and personal/of self--> reasons.  I stated my personal-of-ownership definitive reasons to wish to moth-ball MSFS at this time, post P3  Hope this helps. 🙂

Indeed it does, I personally thank you for your explanation.

• Like 1

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

As I have been saying it from the beginning; it’s all about balance between detail and performance...

Imho expecting all the eyecandy + detailed weather + all kinds of AI + ... fast flying jetliners ... might be too much at this moment.

MSFS has never been tested with fast jetliners and complex systems, 

My guess : AS is working with Asobo to create an enhanced SDK and they are seeing issues when testing the AS Airbusses icw detailed scenery. By reducing detail in LOD they are able to gain performance back which is needed to ever have fast complex jetliners flying without outside view stutters...

The first sign was when they modified the GC frequency which you now can choose.

And perhaps  the bandwidth of their servers also suffers.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

Roy Clark would be happy to see LEMG is finally in this sim.

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

6 minutes ago, GSalden said:

As I have been saying it from the beginning; it’s all about balance between detail and performance...

Imho expecting all the eyecandy + detailed weather + all kinds of AI + ... fast flying jetliners ... might be too much at this moment.

MSFS has never been tested with fast jetliners and complex systems, 

My guess : AS is working with Asobo to create an enhanced SDK and they are seeing issues when testing the AS Airbusses icw detailed scenery. By reducing detail in LOD they are able to gain performance back which is needed to ever have fast complex jetliners flying without outside view stutters...

The first sign was when they modified the GC frequency which you now can choose.

And perhaps  the bandwidth of their servers also suffers.

I did read your posts about that, and I do see it exactly like this.

Stunning visuals = performace loss. 

Balancing is necessary. DX12 should be really prioritized. Because the more addons are coming in, the more will be needed to get fixed/optimized after DX12 is delivered.

I would even recommend to first implement DX12 and after that VR ( or together).

No the strength of P3D comes in. They have other "things" to handle, but DX12 is in! And their SDK is up to date (with further updates every time the sim got updated.

MSFS will have a hard time to speed up or even "overtake" them. At least it will take time.

Altthough I would love to see this in VR

Marcus

Edited by mpo910
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

10 hours ago, Paraffin said:

Not enough to make me quit the sim in anger, I'm pretty relaxed about an early release like this, but it's noticeable.

This pretty much sums up my experience with MSFS so far as well. Great potential, but a lot missing or in need of fixing.

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved