Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

I'm personally done with MSFS post 3rd patch..

Just now, craigeaglefire said:

work with the SDK & all will be fine!

LOL, right...

Philip Manhart  :American Flag:

13.jpg

- "Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." ~ Plato

2 minutes ago, pmanhart said:

The sooner folks realize that we (PC simmers) are NOT their primary sales target, the sooner they will get over their disappointment.

And no, I don't really care what Asobo said about aiming the product at simmers. They are lying and in our heart of hearts we know it's true.

You could have at least temporarily removed your Prepar3d banner.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Just about everyone on this thread is (apparently) saying they have this issue.

I wonder how much is individual perception?

Would you say this picture over Tokyo is suffering severe (and new) lod issues?

1xb32t.jpg

• Like 9

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

2 minutes ago, pmanhart said:

And no, I don't really care what Asobo said about aiming the product at simmers. They are lying and in our heart of hearts we know it's true.

that's crazy talk,

& i really hope there are multitudes of new MFS Xbox users,

40 days in & very impressed so far - speaking as a fledgling 'simmer'!

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Sesquashtoo said:

Not in my real life experience...and I fly real world, quite a lot...  the world upon the terrain, doesn't end 3 miles from the plane...but perhaps in your view, it does. I grant that...

Thats the truth......

50300318971_991be3c543_o.jpg

Ed

ASRock 2390 Phantom Gaming 4S - Intel Core i7-9700K 3.6ghz - (4.6ghz turbo) liquid cooled -32GB DDR4-3000 mhz OC - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER 8GB - 480GB SSD - 970 EVO PLUS M.2 1TB

Pilot      C152 - C172SP - PA-28-181 Archer II - Piper PA-28 Cherokee -  AOPA# 09053717

https://www.pcflyers.org/

29 minutes ago, Ed_S_Pilot said:

Thats the truth......

50300318971_991be3c543_o.jpg

Lol the truth is in the camera lens! 

• Like 1

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

36 minutes ago, HiFlyer said:

Would you say this picture over Tokyo is suffering severe (and new) lod issues?

It seems the latest issues are mostly effecting the non-photogrammetry areas.  The PG areas such as the one in your pic seem no better or worse in the latest patch....at least for me.

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

49 minutes ago, Noel said:

I haven't seen it yet because it's still downloading, but I recall after patch 2 I was really bummed about the sudden degradation in LOD.  Someone here suggested deleting and rebuilding the rolling cache, I did, and it seemed to get fully restored. I think some setting were changed too, so I hope this repeats itself for patch 3 should know soon.

Addendum post patch 3:  I did delete/rebuild the rolling cache (could be a talisman for all I know), and I don't think I'm seeing anything different for LOD, but I'm bummed they removed the ability to change time/weather from the the dropdown control menu--that was very useful feature that I was using regularly when needed 😲

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

1 hour ago, desbean said:

I'm running 1080p and the LOD is terrible now, It's worse blurries than what I had in FSX. When first released I kept LOD at 100 and was happy. After the first patch I increased to 150, and now it's set to 200 and everything is blurry a few miles out. Was flying in remote Canada after this latest patch and the trees would only appear out about 2-miles or so, and fade in as I fly. I don't understand what Asobo is up to. If it was because of XBOX coming, they could just reduce the initial settings in that platform. Are the MS servers bogged? Doesn't make any sense.

BINGO...and so sorry to hear that this is also your (post P3) user experience.  The first five minutes after P3, had me experience what you posted.

1 minute ago, Noel said:

but I'm bummed they removed the ability to change time/weather from the the dropdown control menu--that was very useful feature that I was using regularly when needed 😲

Still there for me. Go further to the right and make sure it's selected as an option

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

54 minutes ago, pmanhart said:

The sooner folks realize that we (PC simmers) are NOT their primary sales target, the sooner they will get over their disappointment.

agreed but I still hope simmers are not forgotten

Edited by Isaiah53six

Kind regards,

Tim

CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K (OC 4.7) CPU COOLER: Noctua nh-d15S GPU: Nvidia GTX 1070-Ti FTW2 8GB  SSD: Crucial MX500 1TB HDD: Seagate 500GB - Maxtor 250GB - WD 250GB RAM: Team Vulcan 16 GB MBD: Gigabyte Z370P D3
PSU: Evga 650w  OS: Win 10 Pro

6 minutes ago, Noel said:

Addendum post patch 3:  I did delete/rebuild the rolling cache (could be a talisman for all I know), and I don't think I'm seeing anything different for LOD, but I'm bummed they removed the ability to change time/weather from the the dropdown control menu--that was very useful feature that I was using regularly when needed 😲

You are probably in multiplayer mode, where the button doesn't show up.

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White