Sign in to follow this  
NightOfDreams

How to disable that silly logbook feature after shut down?

Does anyone know how to disable that silly logbook screen that always automatically pops up after you shut everything in the plane off? It plays some ridiculous tune and is too much like an arcade game - it takes me out of the simulation after an otherwise ultra realistic flight experience.

See below for an example of what I mean:

https://imgur.com/a/NeAWhop

Edited by NightOfDreams
  • Upvote 2

I have never seen that,is it just for challenges or training

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

it logs every flight AFAIK. You just do not SEE it unless you shut the aircraft down at the end of your flight.

Pretty sure it is turned off while in developer mode 😄  not a very practical way to disable it though

otherwise no idea how to stop it popping up

Edited by Glenn Fitzpatrick

You can mute the music, not sure about switching it off completely. 

I don't mind it. Just hope the sim continues to count my flight time accurately.

Currently circumnavigating the world in a mix of Cessna and Piper aircraft. 

My Default Setup; MSFS, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster Hotas X, TrackIR, Samsung Galaxy Tab, JustFlight Piper Arrow. Simworks Quest Kodiak 100. 

Wishlist; Honeycomb Bravo, Honeycomb Charlie.

1:400 Airline Model Collector.

This is bugged - I used to get that before last patch.  Never see it now and my logbook never updates correctly so I think they are both linked

Edited by sidfadc

Thomas Derbyshire

I see it and it's bloody irritating! Not only that, if you click 'Continue' you continue without your flight plan. In the plane I was flying (TBM) there's no way I could find that could get it back.

Grr and double Grr.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

nvm

Edited by SierraDelta

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models

Yes it's bloody irritating as it pops up before I shut down everything to cold and dark.

• Like 3

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

I never saw it until the last patch (1.9.3) and wondered what people were talking about when they mentioned being pulled out of the cockpit - and I always do a complete shutdown after taxiing to parking.  Then I started getting it when I turned the Avionics master off like I always did before.  So I changed my shutdown procedure and also get it when turning off the Master switch.  It is indeed very irritating since it ignores the common standard of user confirmation, in this case prompting the user if they want to end the flight.  I think it was done by the same team member that did the flight planner part of the GUI.

Edited by Stoopy
  • Like 3

"That's what" - She

For a good time, download my repaints for the RealAir Scout/Citabria/Decathlon in the AvSim library by clicking here!

I thought I'd get flak on here for complaining about such a seemingly minor thing, but am pleasantly surprised that other people are a little annoyed by it too. I dont like the "arcade game" style things like that feature, and immediately disabled the tooltips or what-cha-ma-call-its, like the bubbles pointing out the names of airports. Microsoft has bigger fish to fry, but hopefully they eventually provide an option to disable being pulled out of the cockpit after shutting down the aircraft's systems.

Edited by NightOfDreams
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Yes! Me, too. It's not a minor thing. The correct way to shut off an engine is by pulling the mixture to idle cutoff and wait for the engine to stop. THEN you turn off the master switch and the magnetos. In the sim when I pull the mixture out, before the engine stops the sim jumps to the Logbook page. *#&@#!. I can click "continue" and it will go back to the aircraft and finish shutting down. It ain't supposed to do that!  Oddly, it doesn't always. Occasionally it will actually shut down properly. I can't determine what is different about those times.

• Like 2

I'm told if you bind a key to Avionics Master, and make sure to press said binded key sometime before shutting down, the pop-up will not occur.

It's absolutely an annoying feature because if you're performing a fuel stop or a multiple leg journey, it also erases your flight plan.

• Like 2

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

Just hit continue

• Like 6

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

2 hours ago, WestAir said:

I'm told if you bind a key to Avionics Master, and make sure to press said binded key sometime before shutting down, the pop-up will not occur.

It's absolutely an annoying feature because if you're performing a fuel stop or a multiple leg journey, it also erases your flight plan.

this is correct, I have utilized this on every flight over the last few months, no issues.

CPU: Core i5-6600K 4 core (3.5GHz) - overclock to 4.3 | RAM: (1066 MHz) 16GB
MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro |  GeForce GTX 1070 8GB | MONITOR: 2560 X 1440 2K