Decathlon, Scout, _and_ Citabria!

1 hour ago, Stoopy said:

Let's meet in the middle... Citabria!

Fine with me. I flew both 🙂

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

12 hours ago, cavaricooper said:

@robert young

Rob-  FANTASTIC!  

Another suggestion- a simple PAYPAL button (such as usual for many livery painters- buy me a cup of coffee) may also be more convenient.  I have been a little overwhelmed by the many freeware sites I've been bookmarking now, and the GitHub with the Paypal may be a clean solution for many.

FYI - when you click the 'donate' button on Nexus Mods, it takes you to PayPal to actually do the donation.  So it's already a 'PayPal' button, and no Nexus login is needed to use it.  🙂

Just did Leg 2 of my Around the World flight, CYPR to PASI.  The Turbo got me through a nasty icing layer to clear air quickly and cut off a bunch of time getting to my destination.  I'm glad I was able to find someone at CYPR to install it in my aircraft 😉

AMD 3950X | 64GB RAM | AMD 5700XT | CH Fighterstick / Pro Throttle / Pro Pedals

Wow I just spent an incredibly immersive two hours with this great plane flying around in Vermont at night in horrible thunderstorms (courtesy of the badbadweather website and the "Unreal Weather" METAR mod) shooting ILS approaches between KBTV and KMPV - this plane flies so well it's almost like having the Scout, Citabria and Decathlon all rolled into one!

That was after tooling around Victoria BC with a few additional liveries compiled earlier today...  getting a LOT of use out of this bird, it's addicting!

PzZVbjh.jpg

Edited by Stoopy
  • Like 2

"That's what" - She

For a good time, download my repaints for the RealAir Scout/Citabria/Decathlon in the AvSim library by clicking here!

7 minutes ago, Stoopy said:

Wow I just spent an incredibly immersive two hours with this great plane flying around in Vermont at night in horrible thunderstorms (courtesy of the badbadweather website and the "Unreal Weather" METAR mod) shooting ILS approaches between KBTV and KMPV - this plane flies so well it's almost like having the Scout, Citabria and Decathlon all rolled into one!

That was after tooling around Victoria BC with a few additional liveries compiled earlier today...  getting a LOT of use out of this bird, it's addicting!

That's a very individual livery. My very first solo was in a yellow aircraft - a condor tail dragger  (similar to the more modern scout).

Edited by robert young
  • Like 2

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

Robert, just a quick message, this is awesome!  Thank you so much, just donated through Nexus.

Your Turbine Duke is still my all time favorite sim plane....... maybe one day......

Take care of yourself!

8 minutes ago, be77solo said:

Robert, just a quick message, this is awesome!  Thank you so much, just donated through Nexus.

Your Turbine Duke is still my all time favorite sim plane....... maybe one day......

Take care of yourself!

Thank you Allen. That's really appreciated. As to the Duke - it is a joint copyright and my hands are tied, but there'll be scope for other projects soon enough.

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

1 hour ago, be77solo said:

Your Turbine Duke is still my all time favorite sim plane

Agreed, the Duke was phenomenal.   I sometimes find myself in MSFS flying the DA62 and sighing wistfully thinking of the Duke.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, robert young said:

Thank you Allen. That's really appreciated. As to the Duke - it is a joint copyright and my hands are tied, but there'll be scope for other projects soon enough.

Had an engine out in a Duke over the mountains one night. Rather interesting flight to say the least 🙂

SAR Pilot. Flight Sim'ing since the beginning.

Rob did a remarkable update of the default Skyhawk in fs9 too... Maybe Rob's next project can step into that one too 😉

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

I love this! Just missing one feature, I would like the AP to understand to maintain altitude set by QNH 1013 if going above transision altitude (which is 5000 feet in my country). Now it uses altitude based on currect QNH all the time regardless what QNH is set by pilot. This was right in G36 Improvement Project though.

8 minutes ago, jcomm said:

Rob did a remarkable update of the default Skyhawk in fs9 too... Maybe Rob's next project can step into that one too 😉

Hence my request for a 172 update.

But, first we need to help Rob get the Premium Deluxe version.

• Like 2

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

29 minutes ago, Teemu Pienimaki said:

I love this! Just missing one feature, I would like the AP to understand to maintain altitude set by QNH 1013 if going above transision altitude (which is 5000 feet in my country). Now it uses altitude based on currect QNH all the time regardless what QNH is set by pilot. This was right in G36 Improvement Project though.

Yea its a bug, the changing on the QNH, on the fly, before hitting your target altitude, messes with the AP. what i do is go back to pitch mode just a few seconds, set my STD QNH, then hit FLC again. The AP doesnt like when VS or FLC is armed while you change the baro settings.

25 minutes ago, DJJose said:

Hence my request for a 172 update.

But, first we need to help Rob get the Premium Deluxe version.

Nope, first we need Rob to take care of himself 🙂 

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, leprechaunlive said:

Nope, first we need Rob to take care of himself 🙂 

100% agree!

• Like 1

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.