Sign in to follow this  
robert young

Bonanza Turbo Mod RELEASED

10 hours ago, kaosfere said:

Hi, friends.  I've done a little bit of work so that we can have our cake and eat it too, with both great G36 mods available -- TheFrett's and this one.  This is a little intricate, but I've tried to make it doable in as few steps as possible.  (It would be a lot easier if we could redistribute the stock planes, but that would clearly be a nono.)

Since this mod is more of a full overhaul than a rework like TheFrett's, I decided for this to make a new copy of the stock G36 as a completely new plane and lay this mod on top of it. 

STEP ONE

Go into your `Packages` directory, the one which has your `Community` folder.  You'll also see an `Official` directory there, and inside that `OneStore`.  Inside `OneStore` live all the stock packages.  Copy `asobo-aircraft-bonanza-g36` from there, in its entirety, into `Community`.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

STEP THREE

Now unzip the contents of this mod's zip file into your community directory as well, so that they lay on top of the copied Bonanza.  It should now look something like this.

Hey Ron,

I have a question about your instructions.  Which mod are you referring to when you say "this mod" in your Step Three.  Maybe you could use a couple of more letters and be specific. Are you talking about TheFrett mod or the RobertYoung mod?

668399618_mergemodinstructions.JPG.8795682d72a27ba0840e098e9941c332.JPG

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

7 minutes ago, raymar said:

Hey Ron,

I have a question about your instructions.  Which mod are you referring to when you say "this mod" in your Step Three.  Maybe you could use a couple of more letters and be specific. Are you talking about TheFrett mod or the RobertYoung mod?

668399618_mergemodinstructions.JPG.8795682d72a27ba0840e098e9941c332.JPG

I can answer this.

As it is going into the Bonanza turbo folder, it has to be Robert Young's turbo mod.

The other community improved Bonanza G36 folder doesn't have to be touched at all.  

The general idea is to change a copy of the standard Asobo one to 'Turbo' with Robert Young's turbo mod in it, so it doesn't clash with anything else. 👍

Edited by bobcat999
  • Upvote 2

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

Robert,

You've given us something very special with this mod. The Bonanza handles beautifully on the ground and in the air, the liveries are fantastic, and the turbo makes high altitude mountain flying quite exhilarating. Thank you for the work you are doing, and I sincerely hope you are able to put your health challenges behind you soon.

-Nate

• Like 2

Thank you Robert. Amazing work. I hope you get well soon! 

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | RTX 4090 | 48GB DDR5 7200 RAM | 4TB M.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair H150i Liquid Cooled | 4K Dell G3223Q G-Sync | Win11 x64 Pro

2 hours ago, robert young said:

I might hold back until the next Asobo update/patch just in case it throws up some issues.

I would advocate that.

I do a few Control sensitivity tweaks in Flight_Model.cfg & updates have overwritten them every time so far.

T45

2 hours ago, robert young said:

A few very generous people have donated through the Nexus hub donate button. It wasn't my intention to make this anything other than a free mod, but my health issues are getting worse so any donations are very welcome at the moment.

Sir,

There's no reason for you not to be able to enjoy the Premium Deluxe version. I will do whatever I can to get you as many donations as possible from this excellent community.

Get better soon!

Jose

PS: I'll start now by asking all my friends to please contribute whatever you can.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

6 minutes ago, DJJose said:

Sir,

There's no reason for you not to be able to enjoy the Premium Deluxe version. I will do whatever I can to get you as many donations as possible from this excellent community.

Get better soon!

Jose

PS: I'll start now by asking all my friends to please contribute whatever you can.

Oh wow Jose. That is so generous of you. Sincere thanks.

I have donate buttons live now at both Nexus and Github.

Edited by robert young
  • Like 2

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

1 hour ago, Hyperfocal said:

Robert,

You've given us something very special with this mod. The Bonanza handles beautifully on the ground and in the air, the liveries are fantastic, and the turbo makes high altitude mountain flying quite exhilarating. Thank you for the work you are doing, and I sincerely hope you are able to put your health challenges behind you soon.

-Nate

10 minutes ago, robert young said:

Robert I second this.  Hope your health challenges get behind you soon and thanks for your effort here.  It's much appreciated.

• Like 2

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

27 minutes ago, robert young said:

Rob,

Please post Github link.

Thanks.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

52 minutes ago, Dillon said:

Robert I second this.  Hope your health challenges get behind you soon and thanks for your effort here.  It's much appreciated.

Thank you Dillon. I hope your issues with the mod are now fully resolved. I appreciate your good wishes.

• Like 1

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

21 minutes ago, robert young said:

Rob. You could put the donations button on the readme.md file, it will be much easier to see, since the readme.md is the description shown by default in the repo main page. 

Cheers :)

N.-

1 minute ago, neucoas said:

Rob. You could put the donations button on the readme.md file, it will be much easier to see, since the readme.md is the description shown by default in the repo main page. 

Good idea. I'll try that. Thank you.

I am having a really weird and funny issue with the mod.

Try starting the plane from cold and dark with the mixture set to cutoff. Turn magnetos to both and see what happens.

Cheers :)

N.-