Sign in to follow this  
kt069

A320NX 0.4.0 Just Released

2 hours ago, Elvensmith said:

Nice work but sadly I see this going the identical path of ETS2 and ProMods, at least until FS20 is strong and stable not needing a constant stream of updates. Modders update their version which works until the developer makes a change to the core which invalidates the mod. Rinse and repeat!

Yes, most of us accept that is indeed the case, but then the alternative would be to do nothing at all. 

I know they are doing a lot of work that may get trashed at every MS/Asobo update, but as long as they are prepared to do this, then I am glad and grateful they are doing it, as otherwise we will be waiting for a long, long time for MS/Asobo to get anywhere near.

What MS/Asobo need to do its work with them, as they are looking into apparently.  Airbus are not replying very quickly, or are cautions on giving permission by the look of it.  Having had dealings with Airbus, I am not surprised.  One thing, they all need to get their fingers out and respond a lot quicker, as the community developers are embarrassing them with their own response.  Absolute heroes some of them.  👍

• Like 4

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

1 hour ago, espent said:

In the changelog I see around 20 different names from people that have contributed to changes since version 0.3 of this mod. I am pretty sure Asobo has nowhere near that many people working on just one aircraft.

Where are that amount after release?, in lightnings, in the autopilot bouncing in the air, when you land and taxiing it is uncontrollable because the plane goes to one side violently, it is very weird when apparently goes one step downward in more things that things they solve, as constructive criticism. For me is a mystery, and I wish all the best to my favorite sim now.

Ok not all in that aircraft, but where are they and what are they doing?

Although they had externals devs in the aircrafts, or they count them in the 120, and I think that not.

Edited by peloto

5 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

Yes, most of us accept that is indeed the case, but then the alternative would be to do nothing at all. 

I know they are doing a lot of work that may get trashed at every MS/Asobo update, but as long as they are prepared to do this, then I am glad and grateful they are doing it, as otherwise we will be waiting for a long, long time for MS/Asobo to get anywhere near.

What MS/Asobo need to do its work with them, as they are looking into apparently.  Airbus are not replying very quickly, or are cautions on giving permission by the look of it.  Having had dealings with Airbus, I am not surprised.  One thing, they all need to get their fingers out and respond a lot quicker, as the community developers are embarrassing them with their own response.  Absolute heroes some of them.  👍

The other point, going forward from this and maybe even worth a discussion in its own right, is if add-ons or mods are so vulnerable to changes in the core code it's likely to cause issues going forward. Imagine paying £70 - £80 for a complex airliner, only to have every sim update break it. You can wait for the update, if it comes, but what happens when it doesn't or the publisher ceases trading?

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Elvensmith said:

The other point, going forward from this and maybe even worth a discussion in its own right, is if add-ons or mods are so vulnerable to changes in the core code it's likely to cause issues going forward. Imagine paying £70 - £80 for a complex airliner, only to have every sim update break it. You can wait for the update, if it comes, but what happens when it doesn't or the publisher ceases trading?

Yes, I hadn't considered that actually.  Problems may start to happen as more add-ons go on sale.  Some are holding back as we know (PMDG etc.) precisely for this reason.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

1 hour ago, espent said:

In the changelog I see around 20 different names from people that have contributed to changes since version 0.3 of this mod. I am pretty sure Asobo has nowhere near that many people working on just one aircraft.

And that’s 20 people cutting code. 

I Asobo is like a typical development shop with 120 “employees” of 120 people “working on” the sim, they probably also have about 20 coders. 

It would be brilliant and in many ways self-preserving for Asobo to provide the freeware community a robust and capable SDK, either before or at least as soon as the payware developers.

Never forget people like Manfred Jahn, Jan Visser, Gordon Madison, Alex Metzger, Bernt Stolle, Nigel Richardson, Bert Pieke and so many more- who have provided the flightsim community with offerings that are so much greater than MANY a payware release.

IF ASOBO WERE TO PRIORITIZE THE SDK FOR FREEWARE DEVELOPERS- it would make everyone else up their game and avoid the sometimes rubbish paid releases of this and prior platforms.

When someone gives of their time and talent for the greater good- IT MUST BE RECOGNIZED AND REWARDED.

C

Edited by cavaricooper
  • Like 3

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

1 hour ago, Colonel X said:

Sorry for raining on the parade... it just came to my attention that the use of the FBW mod along with the latest patch results in a "10-20" FPS loss. As I expected, this mod goes the same way as the Zibo, where the added functionality takes an unacceptable toll on performance. 

I agree, I get a severe FPS hit with the FBW Mod.

However, if Asobo do what they said in their last Q&A with being able to save different graphic profiles, I will be perfectly fine with that!

Edited by Noooch

1 hour ago, espent said:

Accepted, but that isn't exactly the point here.   If they don't have the resources, they have people who are willing to do it for free for the good of the community, so in that case, off-load it - work with them! 👍  Otherwise, at the speed Asobo are going, we may get a completed A320 Neo just about by the end of the 10 year support period. 😄

PS. I don't expect payware quality from Asobo, but these other guys could get it there. 
I wonder if there is a fair amount of feet dragging going on by MS/Asobo because they don't want to upset their 'partners' or potential future payware Airbus developers. 
However, they should put their primary customers first (us!), although the Commercial reality is always different of course.

1 hour ago, Colonel X said:

Sorry for raining on the parade... it just came to my attention that the use of the FBW mod along with the latest patch results in a "10-20" FPS loss. As I expected, this mod goes the same way as the Zibo, where the added functionality takes an unacceptable toll on performance. 

They stated on the Github page that we should dim the right PFD down to zero until they solve permanently this issue. Will try this evening.

I never seem to have ETA's for my next waypoint and destination showing in my MCDU.  Do you know if this release fixes that?

Also, call me old but I find that looking for things on that github page is very difficult.  Is there a place that shows the changes and updates a little easier?  This is the first time I have even heard of github! 

Intel Core i7 12700K (5.0GHz Max Boost Clock) 12-Core CPU   32GB G.Skill Performance DDR4 SDRAM 3600MHz       Graphics Processor:12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 Ti, GDDR6x System   2TB Western Digital, NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive

1 hour ago, Dharma66 said:

And that’s 20 people cutting code.

They are unpaid volunteers, they all do not work 35-60 hours per week like an employee in the A32X sure. The Asobo yield is rare.

The FlyByWire team is amazing!  What a great mod they have done!

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

2 hours ago, Elvensmith said:

The other point, going forward from this and maybe even worth a discussion in its own right, is if add-ons or mods are so vulnerable to changes in the core code it's likely to cause issues going forward. Imagine paying £70 - £80 for a complex airliner, only to have every sim update break it. 

You've just described what happens with a high-end Airbus aircraft add-on for P3D...

2 hours ago, cavaricooper said:

IF ASOBO WERE TO PRIORITIZE THE SDK FOR FREEWARE DEVELOPERS- it would make everyone else up their game and avoid the sometimes rubbish paid releases of this and prior platforms.

The interests of the end user and MS are not aligned.
MS won't be able to maximise their share of the marketplace payware offerings if quality freeware takes too big a share of the add-on offerings.

As a P3D user, it is fantastic to see so much freeware. Makes for a healthy community and allows me to spend more of my flight sim budget on quality payware.

• Like 2

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

38 minutes ago, F737NG said:

The interests of the end user and MS are not aligned.
MS won't be able to maximise their share of the marketplace payware offerings if quality freeware takes too big a share of the add-on offerings.

And thats the most frightening thing now, i really hope there is clarity and love to their product in product's managment that will stop them from playing dirty 😕 FS franchise is kinda MS legacy, lets hope its not always about money for them (i do realize how hopless that sounds - a corporation which dont like money 😁)

Edited by BackboneOne

Awesome!! Thanks so much teams!

PS: Guys do u use the version developper build?

Banner-FS2-Crew-Beta-Tester.jpg

t-l-chargement