Sign in to follow this  
kt069

A320NX 0.4.0 Just Released

2 minutes ago, Schwarzgruber said:

PS: Guys do u use the version developper build?

not yet, 0.4.0 seems to be the latest iteration, there is still  438 commits in master build and there was no updates since 0.4.0 release today

1 hour ago, Zimmerbz said:

Is there a place that shows the changes and updates a little easier? 

Yes, there is: https://flybywiresim.com/

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models

9 minutes ago, BackboneOne said:

not yet, 0.4.0 seems to be the latest iteration, there is still  438 commits in master build and there was no updates since 0.4.0 release today

Okay thanks! I used this version since yesterday. So at the moment it is unnecessary.

Banner-FS2-Crew-Beta-Tester.jpg

t-l-chargement

Just absolutely stellar work by those involved, and heartfelt "Thank You!" to those doing it. You folks are amazing!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Elvensmith said:

The other point, going forward from this and maybe even worth a discussion in its own right, is if add-ons or mods are so vulnerable to changes in the core code it's likely to cause issues going forward. Imagine paying £70 - £80 for a complex airliner, only to have every sim update break it.

Hopefully I can allay a little bit of that worry.

Part of the reason the current mods are so susceptible to being broken by updates it because they're altering things that they aren't "supposed" to because there is no other way to do it -- or if there is it hasn't been fully developed yet.  I just had a look and the current G1000 mod includes about 40 different files.  Some of those are things we've added, but you probably have about two dozen things that are stock files that we have modified to suit our purposes.   This means two things.  One, it means if not done carefully mods can break things that they're not meant to -- a recent example is how the dev version of our G3X broke brightness control on the CJ4.  We've been working very hard to write our mods in a way that moves all the code we change out of the way so only our things use it, but it not all mods do that.   And, even with that, the bigger problem is the second one:  the sim is still so young that Asobo are changing the same files we are changing -- imagine you built your house on top of someone else's  house, then they remodel and demolish a bathroom so your bathroom collapses too because there's nothing under it.  That's the kind of situation we face in almost every update.

(A little "behind the scenes":  after every update I take a checksum -- basically a digital fingerprint -- of every single file the sim has.   I compare that to the checksums of the prior version and use that to identify every file that changed.  We look through those as a team to find any that are either a) files we also modify, or b) files that we interact with closely.   For each of those I pull a copy of the prior version out of a daily backup I take, and every file gets compared to the version from the prior update so we can identify exactly what changed.   We then manually port in every change that Asobo made into our own copies of files and make any other adaptations necessary to ensure that our mods stay current and compatible.   And so far, through rapid all-hands-on-deck work, we've managed to do this within hours for every single update except this past one -- it was the first that did not affect anything we're using.)

This is going to be less of an issue as the sim stabilizes a bit and the fundamental things stop changing so much.   But, more crucially, as the SDK enriches and developers figure out how do to the things that we're currently needing to do by modifying stock files the need to work in this fashion will go away.   I can almost guarantee you -- only "almost" because there always has to be THAT GUY -- that no "professional" airliner is going to modify core sim files; it's going to be using the official interfaces for things, which may very well change but will do so in a more controlled manner, not in the anarchic "I'm ripping the bathroom out from under you" way that we're having to face now.

So, yes, things could still break during major changes.   But that's always a risk with software like this.  The dynamism that we're currently fighting should hopefully reduce over time.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, kaosfere said:

Hopefully I can allay a little bit of that worry.

Part of the reason the current mods are so susceptible to being broken by updates it because they're altering things that they aren't "supposed" to because there is no other way to do it -- or if there is it hasn't been fully developed yet.  I just had a look and the current G1000 mod includes about 40 different files.  Some of those are things we've added, but you probably have about two dozen things that are stock files that we have modified to suit our purposes.   This means two things.  One, it means if not done carefully mods can break things that they're not meant to -- a recent example is how the dev version of our G3X broke brightness control on the CJ4.  We've been working very hard to write our mods in a way that moves all the code we change out of the way so only our things use it, but it not all mods do that.   And, even with that, the bigger problem is the second one:  the sim is still so young that Asobo are changing the same files we are changing -- imagine you built your house on top of someone else's  house, then they remodel and demolish a bathroom so your bathroom collapses too because there's nothing under it.  That's the kind of situation we face in almost every update.

(A little "behind the scenes":  after every update I take a checksum -- basically a digital fingerprint -- of every single file the sim has.   I compare that to the checksums of the prior version and use that to identify every file that changed.  We look through those as a team to find any that are either a) files we also modify, or b) files that we interact with closely.   For each of those I pull a copy of the prior version out of a daily backup I take, and every file gets compared to the version from the prior update so we can identify exactly what changed.   We then manually port in every change that Asobo made into our own copies of files and make any other adaptations necessary to ensure that our mods stay current and compatible.   And so far, through rapid all-hands-on-deck work, we've managed to do this within hours for every single update except this past one -- it was the first that did not affect anything we're using.)

This is going to be less of an issue as the sim stabilizes a bit and the fundamental things stop changing so much.   But, more crucially, as the SDK enriches and developers figure out how do to the things that we're currently needing to do by modifying stock files the need to work in this fashion will go away.   I can almost guarantee you -- only "almost" because there always has to be THAT GUY -- that no "professional" airliner is going to modify core sim files; it's going to be using the official interfaces for things, which may very well change but will do so in a more controlled manner, not in the anarchic "I'm ripping the bathroom out from under you" way that we're having to face now.

So, yes, things could still break during major changes.   But that's always a risk with software like this.  The dynamism that we're currently fighting should hopefully reduce over time.

Excellent explanation! I assumed it was something like this. The mods are great!

Lee

Lee H

i9 13900KF 32GB Ram 24GB RTX 4090

5 hours ago, Colonel X said:

Sorry for raining on the parade... it just came to my attention that the use of the FBW mod along with the latest patch results in a "10-20" FPS loss. As I expected, this mod goes the same way as the Zibo, where the added functionality takes an unacceptable toll on performance. 

Not seeing a drop in FPS at all using the mod.

Lee

• Like 1

Lee H

i9 13900KF 32GB Ram 24GB RTX 4090

Does anyone know if they plan to fix the distance to the arrival in the flight plan?  For me, it never changes.  It always remains the same number from where I am taking off from. 

Also, i found that T/D isn't displayed.  Does that plan to be fixed?  It also seems that the plane flies through restrictions in managed mode.  Is that going to be addressed?

Edited by Zimmerbz
  • Like 1

Intel Core i7 12700K (5.0GHz Max Boost Clock) 12-Core CPU   32GB G.Skill Performance DDR4 SDRAM 3600MHz       Graphics Processor:12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 Ti, GDDR6x System   2TB Western Digital, NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive

1 hour ago, Midnight Music said:

Not seeing a drop in FPS at all using the mod.

Lee

As someone see a frame rate loss and others don’t...I noticed that the latest FS patch changed the way the glass cockpit is rendered, again there seems to be a heavy load for the GPU. So, perhaps some have their cockpit display refresh rate set to high and others to medium? On the Citations, my system is able to cope with high with frames locked to 30, but on the A320 mod I can only use medium for the cockpit refresh rate, otherwise my frames drop down to ~ 16. 

I was unable to enter the weight into MCDU.

Jim Driscoll, MSI Raider GE76 12UHS-607 17.3" Gaming Laptop Computer - Blue Intel Core i9 12th Gen 12900HK 1.8GHz Processor; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 16GB GDDR6; 64GB DDR5-4800 RAM; Dual M2 2TB Solid State Drives.Driving a Sony KD-50X75, and KDL-48R470B @ 4k 3724x2094,MSFS 2020, 30 FPS on Ultra Settings.

Jorg/Asobo: “Weather is a core part of our simulator, and we will strive to make it as accurate as possible.”Also Jorg/Asobo: “We are going to limit the weather API to rain intensity only.”

19 minutes ago, nicboyGS said:

I planed a flight from KSEA/KSFO, but when tried to input in the CDM, it shows no plan data available. Why?

I just did a flight from Toyko to Sendi(IFR High),everything worked,except weight imput.

Edited by BIGSKY
  • Like 1

Jim Driscoll, MSI Raider GE76 12UHS-607 17.3" Gaming Laptop Computer - Blue Intel Core i9 12th Gen 12900HK 1.8GHz Processor; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 16GB GDDR6; 64GB DDR5-4800 RAM; Dual M2 2TB Solid State Drives.Driving a Sony KD-50X75, and KDL-48R470B @ 4k 3724x2094,MSFS 2020, 30 FPS on Ultra Settings.

Jorg/Asobo: “Weather is a core part of our simulator, and we will strive to make it as accurate as possible.”Also Jorg/Asobo: “We are going to limit the weather API to rain intensity only.”

NOOB QUESTION but trying to enter ZFW of 62.1 in the MCDU says FORMAT ERROR.  This is from a simbrief flight plan....what am I doing wrong?

How do I best calculate the ZFWCG as well??

Thomas Derbyshire