Sign in to follow this  
FAZZ3

PMDG 737 NG3 delayed to 12+ months

27 minutes ago, micstatic said:

Because that’s where pmdg customers are. 

You're right, but your clause entirely disregards all the prospective customers that are in this forum...

• Like 2

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

18 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

What part of PMDG announcement about there NG3 for MSFS belong in the P3D forum, really!

You and others would got metal if someone posts anything to do with MSFS in the P3D forum.

This announcement has nothing to do with P3D and the P3D forum is the last place to talk about MSFS.

I get your point.  I'll make sure I don't post anymore in this topic.   I came here to discuss PMDG 737 NG3 delayed to 12+ months.  

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

11 minutes ago, micstatic said:

I get your point.  I'll make sure I don't post anymore in this topic.   I came here to discuss PMDG 737 NG3 delayed to 12+ months.  

Here you go, if you did any home work or went to PMDG forum yourself.

"PMDG 737NG3 for MSFS: We still expect this product to be 12+ months away based upon the condition and trajectory of MSFS"

Its not hard or anything to do with P3D let alone the P3D forum.

And you want this topic in the P3D forum, Realy! and we both know how well that would go down with you and other.
this is your view of MSFS...lets add some silly childish large text....shall we!

"The fact that we are 12+ months from seeing PMDG/FSlabs means I'm 12+ months from using my copy of MSFS"

Your agender is clear to see. 

Edited by Nyxx
  • Like 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

41 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

Here you go, if you did any home work or went to PMDG forum yourself.

"PMDG 737NG3 for MSFS: We still expect this product to be 12+ months away based upon the condition and trajectory of MSFS"

Its not hard or anything to do with P3D let alone the P3D forum.

And you want this topic in the P3D forum, Realy! and we both know how well that would go down with you and other.
this is your view of MSFS...lets add some silly childish large text....shall we!

"The fact that we are 12+ months from seeing PMDG/FSlabs means I'm 12+ months from using my copy of MSFS"

Your agender is clear to see. 

David.  All you do is fight with people on these forums.  And yes I not only did the homework myself but participated in the PMDG forum.  Don't be so touchy my friend. Life is short. 

PS: I have no agenda.  I had intended on MSFS being my exclusive sim at this point.  So if anything my agenda was not met

Edited by micstatic

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

... time seems to speed up as we get older. 😄

PMDG 737 NG3 delayed to 11+ months

Beelden_in_Leiden_2016_04_crop.jpg

Edited by OSM
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, micstatic said:

David.  All you do is fight with people on these forums.  And yes I not only did the homework myself but participated in the PMDG forum.  Don't be so touchy my friend. Life is short. 

PS: I have no agenda.  I had intended on MSFS being my exclusive sim at this point.  So if anything my agenda was not met

No I don't, I just don't like people that's agenda is to put something down all the time that they don't even use. 

I read I long post on the P3D forums people talking about MSFS as normal does not go down well does it and do I go there and put P3D down? Do I ? no. and you think a statement about the NG3 for MSFS is best posting in the P3D Forum....

Edited by Nyxx
  • Like 2

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

I was on the p3d forums earlier and there seems to be a lot of anger at ms particularly because they announced so early and it killed the p3d add on market since everyone was waiting to see what the new sim would bring.

2 minutes ago, sanh said:

I was on the p3d forums earlier and there seems to be a lot of anger at ms particularly because they announced so early and it killed the p3d add on market since everyone was waiting to see what the new sim would bring.

I think that's somewhat true.  Though there have been some very nice recent releases and some good ones still coming.  I think the "anger" is that most of the remaining P3D guys are airline guys.  They feel like they are caught in between since quality airliners look like they will have quite a long delay coming to msfs.  but a few developers have completely jumped to MSFS.  But the real core over there still very much enjoys P3D and have a very thorough product catalog.  One thing that is for sure.  Is we have a very fractured and spread out group of flight sim pilots.  More than I can remember since I started doing this in the early 90's. 

I'm an "airline guy" and I love MSFS. My conundrum is I want airliners in MSFS. When I heard the PMDG 737 was coming, I was ecstatic.

Now that its has been delayed, I'm in a weird spot. I no longer want the inconvenience of P3D (multiple passwords for various updates/purchases, running 3-6+ addons with the simulator, old engine workarounds etc..). I want to load up the sim and fly the plane I want. I'm tired of VFR in MSFS (lack of good airplane simulations IMO) and don't want to hassle around with P3D anymore, the only solution I have at this time is to take a LONG break from flight sim (and flight sim related purchases) an reevaluate at a later date. I'm sure the PMDG offering (or TFDi, or QW or Majestic) will bring me back, but my bank account will get back to loving me for the immediate future!

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

"I am the Master of the Fist!" -Akuma

And now we get down to it.  I have some sympathy for the p3d hardcore airline simmer.  They had a release of version 5 in April, but not everything is ported yet from 3PD's and some might never be, and what has been, has mostly been a paid upgrade.  Then New sim comes and takes all the focus away from that, and developers are going to focus on MSFS, they just are.  Hardcore sim junkies are very used to having iron grip control on the addon market, and this reminds them that they don't anymore.  And this is where my sympathy for them runs out.  The issue for them is that for the whole ecosystem to work, non or not quite hardcore enough simmers like me have to buy the hardcore addons too.  I am tired of having to pay extra through the nose for exquisitely simulated fire suppression systems, and interior modeled terminals and weather that isn't realistic in a macro sense globally, but fits the VATSIM crowd to a T.  I like that that level of simulation is available for those who want it, but I'm tired of that being the only choice.  Given that the high end market probably can't support all of the development that they want all by itself, they feel they have to shout down and belittle anything "lesser", and here we are.  same place we are when Aerosoft releases a plane, or JustFlight, or any number of the "not pre-ordained" developers.  It's vicious, mean, and petty elitism that I will happily stand against every chance I get.  

One day, I hope everybody will have what they want.  I'd like for PMDG to be able to develop their stuff for this, I'd also like for me not to HAVE to buy it in order to fly a 737.  And to anyone who needs to hear this, you aren't going to stop this sim with the trolling, or kill it like you did with MS Flight.  sooner this is realized, the better for the community.

• Like 9
  • Upvote 4

6 minutes ago, SKEWR said:

I'm an "airline guy" and I love MSFS. My conundrum is I want airliners in MSFS. When I heard the PMDG 737 was coming, I was ecstatic.

Now that its has been delayed, I'm in a weird spot. I no longer want the inconvenience of P3D (multiple passwords for various updates/purchases, running 3-6+ addons with the simulator, old engine workarounds etc..). I want to load up the sim and fly the plane I want. I'm tired of VFR in MSFS (lack of good airplane simulations IMO) and don't want to hassle around with P3D anymore, the only solution I have at this time is to take a LONG break from flight sim (and flight sim related purchases) an reevaluate at a later date. I'm sure the PMDG offering (or TFDi, or QW or Majestic) will bring me back, but my bank account will get back to loving me for the immediate future!

I flown nothing but the FSL for the last 2-3 years. I also have huge investment into P3D and P3D v5, I will wait to see what 5.1 brings, but at the moment for all your reasons I don't feel like 2 night working installing it and everything that goes with it. I just did a Bonanza flight from a little airport into KLGA and the site of NY was mind blowing, but just about every flight I do blows me away, I load la Pama a small island, I only loaded it to look at the G1000 and again was blown away by the detail. So going back to OLC etc is not a great thought, but I will stay open minded about 5.1 as I can enjoy both if I feel like it. I will not buy anything for P3D not even FSL SL, nothing. All my money is going into MSFS, airports are so cheap and so good. Lots of mods are also great.

As much as I love the FSL and anyone who has been in the P3D, knows that. I love the 3 aircraft I now fly as much if not more. As the world and weather are so good and I can go anywhere in the world that tickles fancy. I also love DCS but I just want to fly MSFS as I feel there is literally a hole world to see and enjoy. I don't see any reason to knock, call any other sim, just enjoy them all if anyone wishers to do so.

If you don't want to fly VFR, I strongly suggest to try the CJ4 with the mod. That's great and also the TBM with the G3000 mod.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, ShawnG said:

Hardcore sim junkies are very used to having iron grip control on the addon market

This is a weird statement. As someone who pretty much only buys the "hardcore" stuff, I sure wish this wasn't such a niche market. There are way more payware options if you want a simplified experience. Carenado, anyone? 

1 hour ago, micstatic said:

I think that's somewhat true.  Though there have been some very nice recent releases and some good ones still coming.  I think the "anger" is that most of the remaining P3D guys are airline guys.  They feel like they are caught in between since quality airliners look like they will have quite a long delay coming to msfs.  but a few developers have completely jumped to MSFS.  But the real core over there still very much enjoys P3D and have a very thorough product catalog.  One thing that is for sure.  Is we have a very fractured and spread out group of flight sim pilots.  More than I can remember since I started doing this in the early 90's. 

I hear what you say and do understand your point of view, but there is no need for fracture groups, its only when going into other sim forums start calling and belittling the sim with digs sarcastic comments that's turn one group against another, its totally uncalled for. Sadly it started in the P3D forum long before MSFS was released. But having said that its a very small group.

Edited by Nyxx

30 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

I hear what you say and do understand your point of view, but there is no need for fracture groups, its only when going into other sim forums start calling and belittling the sim with digs sarcastic comments that's turn one group against another, its totally uncalled for. Sadly it started in the P3D forum long before MSFS was released. But having said that its a very small group.

You can quote me on this. I’m sorry for insulting msfs 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ShawnG said:

has mostly been a paid upgrade

Not even close, 95% of the addons i had to update for V5 were free updates. I spent around 20 bucks for upgrades.

• Like 1

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png