Sign in to follow this  
Ricardo41

"Press Any Key To Start!"

5 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

You may feel this is not a big deal, but for me, this is a worthwhile improvement 🙂

I now see that MSFS is indeed loading, and I can go get a cup of coffee.  When I return, I am at the Welcome screen..

I am super happy for you...But why cant you get your coffee before you start msfs?

Plan your day better ? lol    haha  just kidding...Like I said above I had no idea it was taking multiple minutes for people to get to the Press screen,,, its absurd.  but anyways once it gets removed everyone will be happy.

4 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

I do not know what it looks like on your PC, but after launching MSFS, I get NO visual feedback that anything is loading for the first minute or so..

I now use the MSFS Jumpstarter app, which gives me a pretty splashscreen and also pushes the ANY key for me..

You may feel this is not a big deal, but for me, this is a worthwhile improvement 🙂

I now see that MSFS is indeed loading, and I can go get a cup of coffee.  When I return, I am at the Welcome screen..

My coffee brews longer for a darker richer taste...

Can I get the sim to load slower so it will be loaded after I make my longer brew?

Chris Camp

21 minutes ago, Kilo60 said:

Can I get the sim to load slower so it will be loaded after I make my longer brew?

sure 😄

Fill your community folder with lots of freeware scenery containing massive slabs of downloaded google maps photogrammetry .

• Like 1

On 10/28/2020 at 10:05 AM, regis9 said:

"To start, press any key." Well where's the "any" key? I see Esc, Catarl, and PigUp. There doesn't seem to be any "any" key!

― Homer Simpson

All this computer work is making me thirsty, think I’ll order a Tab

It's probably at the top of the list because it effects everyone, from the casual player to the serious users, who all have divergent features they want fixed or improved beyond that point. It's crazy anyone would take issue with this.

25 minutes ago, overt said:

It's crazy anyone would take issue with this.

Some people seem to think if the graphic artist is working on scenery or the CEO has time to go to a trade show or the cockpit guy is fixing some glitches with a default plane cockpit that ALL those people should immediately stop whatever project they are working on amd instead start helping with the ATC bug they are personally annoyed by, even though none of those people are likely to have any idea about ATC or the coding involved to get it to work.

Edited by Glenn Fitzpatrick

Or they could have just written a script, and provided us a circuit board that once we hit the "Press Any Key", it turned on the coffee pot power, automatically devised a device ( think Back To the Future, doc's devices at the beginning of the movie ) to scoop the coffee in the filter, fill the coffee pot with water, or K-Cup if you prefer, so that right before the sim loaded our coffee or tea was done.

Easy Peasy 🙂

Or just remove the Press Any Key! Man we are some impatient people, and me the worst!

"Coffee, if your not shaking, you need another cup"
Flight Sim Break Discord Channel: https://discord.com/invite/fCV62Ka2QZ

31 minutes ago, in2tech said:

Or they could have just written a script, and provided us a circuit board that once we hit the "Press Any Key", it turned on the coffee pot power, automatically devised a device ( think Back To the Future, doc's devices at the beginning of the movie ) to scoop the coffee in the filter, fill the coffee pot with water, or K-Cup if you prefer, so that right before the sim loaded our coffee or tea was done.

Easy Peasy 🙂

Or just remove the Press Any Key! Man we are some impatient people, and me the worst!

lol

Well if it is really a big issue you can always program your keyboard to press spacebar just the once after 2 minutes - or if you have a generic keyboard without programming (unlikely in flight sim world but hey) download an app like this https://sourceforge.net/projects/autokeyboardpresser/ .

another  way  to save  time  is  to leave the  sim running 🙂

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

21 minutes ago, pete_auau said:

another  way  to save  time  is  to leave the  sim running 🙂

Yep, once it loaded for the day, it's always up. Only if I am loading something new in the Community folder, do I ever close it on sim day 🙂 Good one! Even when the "Press Any Key" is removed, I will leave the sim up for the day. Either the Nvidia driver MSFS update stopped my fan from running high speed or MSFS, or a combination, but it no longer happens, and yes it does work. I mean spinning up loudly, like it used to do, and hasn't since I loaded the driver update and MSFS day one.

"Coffee, if your not shaking, you need another cup"
Flight Sim Break Discord Channel: https://discord.com/invite/fCV62Ka2QZ

2 hours ago, NZ255 said:

All this computer work is making me thirsty, think I’ll order a Tab

Better order plenty of it and quickly. Just like the "Press Any Key", Tab's time on planet earth has come to an end. I'll miss one, not the other.

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

58 minutes ago, in2tech said:

Yep, once it loaded for the day, it's always up. Only if I am loading something new in the Community folder, do I ever close it on sim day 🙂 Good one! Even when the "Press Any Key" is removed, I will leave the sim up for the day. Either the Nvidia driver MSFS update stopped my fan from running high speed or MSFS, or a combination, but it no longer happens, and yes it does work. I mean spinning up loudly, like it used to do, and hasn't since I loaded the driver update and MSFS day one.

I would not want to be your PC! 🙂

Even in the menu, my PC's fans are spinning, keeping things cool. Keeping the machine under "stress" 24/7 is bound to have negative repercussions somewhere down the line. Out of interest which Nvidia driver version are you running?

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

1 hour ago, in2tech said:

If your just running default frequencies, under-volting can actually give a performance boost. 

It sounds counter-intuitive but basically if your GPU can run the same default frequencies at a slightly lower voltage it runs cooler and hence avoids thermal throttling issues.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

If your just running default frequencies, under-volting can actually give a performance boost. 

It sounds counter-intuitive but basically if your GPU can run the same default frequencies at a slightly lower voltage it runs cooler and hence avoids thermal throttling issues.

I do this on my 1080Ti. Voltage set to 90% but at stock frequency.  No more CTD's since.

Holds 30fps (locked in RTSS) in the main at 1440k and 120% scaling, but now runs at 76C instead of 84C (which is the throttling limit on mine I think).  Quieter also. 🙂

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.