Sign in to follow this  
robert young

Bonanza Turbo V3 RELEASED

That's so bad, the fact they used altitude instead of manifold pressure for mixture...

Are they at least taking into account air temperature and how it is affecting density?

34 minutes ago, ryanbatcund said:

- there's many bugs...  frankly a lot of aerodynamic bugs... argh.  I guess what is so frustrating is how Asobo showcased the new flight model...  but it's badly broken for a lot of planes.  

This comment by the developers of the Bleriot XI in the manual for the Bleriot sums it up (my emphasis) :

Meanwhile, Pamela Brooker took a deep dive into the new flight model, and while some aspects have been improved upon drastically in the new simulator, some other parts of the aerodynamics simulation seem to have been forgotten. The result is a flight model which needs extreme overdamping of the controls and still results in oversensitivity of rudder, elevator and ailerons.

Edited by Glenn Fitzpatrick
  • Like 1

I don't really want to fill the Bonanza thread with gripes about MSFS (of which I'm sure everyone knows I have many)

A recent fun bug - when you move engines off the centerline of the aircraft, the effective thrust for a given RPM/pitch of the engine (the same exact engine with no changes other than the position!!!) drop by a ton, and the thrust vs airspeed curve changes dramatically.

This is likely why the twins are so messed up right now in terms of how differential thrust works, and also their behavior when taxiing. 

This makes no physical sense whatsoever. 

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/static-thrust-bug-on-multi-engines-found/344329/29

AMD 3950X | 64GB RAM | AMD 5700XT | CH Fighterstick / Pro Throttle / Pro Pedals

Does this mod still work with World Update #3 and the UK update?

• Like 1

Mark   CYYZ      

15 minutes ago, MarkW said:

Yes, but it may suffer from the flaps issue Asobo accidentally introduced in the recent update, as I believe the change is hard coded into the sim rather than the individual aircraft configuration files.

Roughly speaking, flaps currently give double the lift, but without any extra drag, so this Turbo Bonanza will climb like a scared cat! 😀

Should be corrected at the next update hopefully.

Edited by bobcat999

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

54 minutes ago, MarkW said:

Well, it's been a long time since we heard from Robert and we have no news on the DA62.

No idea if he is waiting for a more stable platform or if he lost interest in developing mod for MSFS.

Edited by bendead

32 minutes ago, bendead said:

Well, it's been a long time since we heard from Robert

Hopefully he is ok....

• Like 8

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

15 hours ago, bobcat999 said:

Yes, but it may suffer from the flaps issue Asobo accidentally introduced in the recent update, as I believe the change is hard coded into the sim rather than the individual aircraft configuration files.

Roughly speaking, flaps currently give double the lift, but without any extra drag, so this Turbo Bonanza will climb like a scared cat! 😀

Should be corrected at the next update hopefully.

Are you sure this is true? Does it effect the Mooney?

Any news on this mod? Does it still work with the latest MSFS 2020 update?

Discord | YouTube | Facebook

34" Odyssey OLED G8 175Hz | 3440X1440 | AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D | PNY VERTO OC GeForce RTX 4070 Ti SUPER 16 GB | G.Skill Flare X5 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6000 CL30 | Asus ROG STRIX B650E-F GAMING WIFI ATX AM5 | Samsung 990 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 | ARCTIC Liquid Freezer III 56.3 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler | Fractal Design North XL ATX Full Tower Case

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

2 hours ago, Clem116 said:

Any news on this mod? Does it still work with the latest MSFS 2020 update?

It seems to, though I read somewhere there may be issues with the latest WT G1000 mod? not sure

29 minutes ago, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

It seems to, though I read somewhere there may be issues with the latest WT G1000 mod? not sure

But we haven't heard from Robert in a while. 

Discord | YouTube | Facebook

34" Odyssey OLED G8 175Hz | 3440X1440 | AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D | PNY VERTO OC GeForce RTX 4070 Ti SUPER 16 GB | G.Skill Flare X5 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6000 CL30 | Asus ROG STRIX B650E-F GAMING WIFI ATX AM5 | Samsung 990 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 | ARCTIC Liquid Freezer III 56.3 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler | Fractal Design North XL ATX Full Tower Case

13 minutes ago, Clem116 said:

But we haven't heard from Robert in a while. 

He responded in the other thread.

But if your asking if Robert has personally endorsed the mod as 100% compatible with the latest updates - not as far as I know.