Sign in to follow this  
BijanStudio

Fall Season - Released

Great Mod...thanks.  Question...what is the difference between the download of V2 and the Public Beta version.  All dates and times appear to be the same.

Thanks,

Garry

Garry Lundberg

Very cool mod..thanks for doing this!  Definitely gives a much nicer look for flying this time of year and not overdone.  Very natural looking....look forward to the added seasons!

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

3 hours ago, flytriman said:

Great Mod...thanks.  Question...what is the difference between the download of V2 and the Public Beta version.  All dates and times appear to be the same.

Thanks,

Garry

It's the same now.. Enjoy.

Gaming Laptop:
MSI GS75 Stealth 5.6GHz Intel Core i9 - 10th gen 16 core CPU  -  32 GB DDR4 SDRAM  - 1TB SSD - RTX 2080 Super - 1920x1080 - 3 fans and cooling pipes.

I'd like to thank you for clearing out some of the trees. One of my old homesteads in Bartlesville ok, had so many trees on it in sim; I had a Bermuda-grass field of about 6 acres that in your previous versions and default MSFS you couldn't see that field for all the trees, you also couldn't see all the houses on top of Circle Mountain community the we lived below.
You could also barely see the 3 acre pond that was in the front of the property, or the Infamous Sand Creek behind the property. With your latest version it looks just like it did in pictures my Uncle had taken as he had flown over it in '86. 

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

25 minutes ago, vbazillio said:

Oups... the tree coverage doesn't work much in the east side of Big Bear...

... and works better at close proximity of the field

I think this is correct. North side of big bear mountains don't have trees and that's where the Wolf Mountain Sanctuary starts. There are no trees there.

Ju4VZ8M.png?1

Edited by BijanStudio
picture update

Gaming Laptop:
MSI GS75 Stealth 5.6GHz Intel Core i9 - 10th gen 16 core CPU  -  32 GB DDR4 SDRAM  - 1TB SSD - RTX 2080 Super - 1920x1080 - 3 fans and cooling pipes.

5 hours ago, Flic1 said:

Very cool mod..thanks for doing this!  Definitely gives a much nicer look for flying this time of year and not overdone.  Very natural looking....look forward to the added seasons!

You're welcome and enjoy it. Thank you. 🙂

2 hours ago, jimcarrel said:

I'd like to thank you for clearing out some of the trees. One of my old homesteads in Bartlesville ok, had so many trees on it in sim; I had a Bermuda-grass field of about 6 acres that in your previous versions and default MSFS you couldn't see that field for all the trees, you also couldn't see all the houses on top of Circle Mountain community the we lived below.
You could also barely see the 3 acre pond that was in the front of the property, or the Infamous Sand Creek behind the property. With your latest version it looks just like it did in pictures my Uncle had taken as he had flown over it in '86. 

You're very welcome. Love to see screenshots 🙂

Gaming Laptop:

2 hours ago, BijanStudio said:

You're welcome and enjoy it. Thank you. 🙂

You're very welcome. Love to see screenshots 🙂

I loved v1 and can't wait to fully test v2. Link please. Thanks.

Update: Downloaded the file from Nexusmods

Edited by DJJose

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

In case anyone is interested in world terrestrial ecoregions, here's a nice map:

https://ecoregions2017.appspot.com/

I'm not exactly sure what ecoregion boundary dataset that Asobo used, but I'm sure that someone can respond and add that information to this thread. Every organization's world ecoregion map is slightly different, but in general, there are over 800 distinct regions defined worldwide. Asobo divides them into "natural" and "cultural" ecoregions (cities), hence the two separate XML files. This allows for different vegetation mixes within the boundaries of developed areas, when compared to the surrounding "natural" areas.

24 minutes ago, jabloomf1230 said:

In case anyone is interested in world terrestrial ecoregions, here's a nice map:

https://ecoregions2017.appspot.com/

I'm not exactly sure what ecoregion boundary dataset that Asobo used, but I'm sure that someone can respond and add that information to this thread. Every organization's world ecoregion map is slightly different, but in general, there are over 800 distinct regions defined worldwide. Asobo divides them into "natural" and "cultural" ecoregions (cities), hence the two separate XML files. This allows for different vegetation mixes within the boundaries of developed areas, when compared to the surrounding "natural" areas.

This is awesome. Thank you for posting this. This helps me fine-tune the files.

Gaming Laptop:

On 11/10/2020 at 2:01 AM, BijanStudio said:

I am personally very excited about this. I was tired of seeing the same green all over the world so I looked into it and found a way to adjust the tree colors.

It's not perfect and there is no way I can keep everyone happy. Some like colors dull and some vivid. Some want more colors and some want less but I may be able to customize fall colors in your city. You can provide pictures and I will match it as best as possible. Message for more details about this.

This has no impact on performance or FPS. It's just one xml file. No textures or bitmap files to replace.

File is available to download at https://www.nexusmods.com/microsoftflightsimulator/mods/496/.  It's free to downlaod but donations are welcome. Next is winter and spring colors. 🙂

I would love to see your screenshots or videos with the new fall colors.  

Just a note, there are few parts in Eastern USA where it doesn't get any fall colors. I will update this if I find a solution. 

Enjoy it. 🙂

Congratulations for this wonderful idea that makes MSFS even more spectacular ... just insert the "fall" folder in community?

42 minutes ago, Six75 said:

Thank you. Yes, just place in community folder.  🙂

Gaming Laptop:

I want to add my voice to the growing legion who are using and enjoying your Fall season in MSFS. To me, your add-on makes a huge difference in the visual realism of the sim. I never liked the all-green, too-green trees even when I was flying in Summer. I live in Huntington, West Virginia, and the foliage outside my home and the foliage in the sim now look identical. I want to say a heartfelt Thank You, especially since we can now drop the Fall files directly into the Community folder. That made installation a lot easier for me, though the original release worked fine on my machine as well. You mentioned there was no effect on FPS. I disagree. I actually think there's an FPS improvement due to your reduction in the number of over-placed trees. I'm really looking forward to your future projects (even if I have to pay for them next time).

David Mills

Huntington, West Virginia

• Like 1

Processor: Intel i9-13900KF 5.8GHz 24-Core, Graphics Processor: Nvidia RTX 4090 24GB GDDR6, System Memory: 64GB High Performance DDR5 SDRAM 5600MHz, Operating System: Windows 11 Home Edition, Motherboard: Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX, LGA 1700, CPU Cooling: Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling, RGB and LCD Display, Chassis Fans: Corsair Low Decibel, Addressable RGB Fans, Power Supply: Corsair HX1000i Fully Modular Ultra-Low-Noise Platinum ATX 1000 Watt, Primary Storage: 2TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, Secondary Storage: 1TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, VR Headset: Meta Quest 2, Primary Display: SONY 4K Bravia 75-inch, 2nd Display: SONY 4K Bravia 43-inch, 3rd Display: Vizio 28-inch, 1920x1080. Controller: Xbox Controller attached to PC via USB.

I am glad it's working out for you.

The first version didn't help FPS but the second version I removed a lot of trees and huge jungle trees from many areas so it may have had an effect on FPS. 🙂

Gaming Laptop:

Question. I downloaded the mod and put it in my community folder. I get only fall colors trees inside cities and not in forest areas. What did i do wrong ?

Edited by roi1862

Roi Ben