Sign in to follow this  
BijanStudio

Fall Season - Released

Lake District UK looks surreal. 

NH shots is less spectacular but I guess it's mostly due to the ground textures are poor to begin with. I had lived in New England area for few years and the UK screen shot is really getting close to the the fall colors there. 

7950X3D / 32GB / RTX4090 / HP Reverb G2 / Win11

Well, I am using your latest download which comes with the Fall folder. For this purpose I am using the TBM at around 500ft. Am out of KLCI and it's all green.

I don't have any way way of posting a screenshot!

Martin

Martin Parr

Retired professional yacht skipper for vessels up to 46m

System: Omen 30L GT13-0054na Gaming PC; Windows 10 Home  64-bit OS; Intel Core i9-10900K CPU @ 3.7GHz; RAM 32GB; Samsung S34J55x Monitor 3440x1440 @75 Hz Resolution; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti. MSFS P/D; TM Pendular Rudder Pedals, TM Warthog Hortas Throttle/Joystick Combo.

19 minutes ago, sauviat said:

Well, I am using your latest download which comes with the Fall folder. For this purpose I am using the TBM at around 500ft. Am out of KLCI and it's all green.

I don't have any way way of posting a screenshot!

Martin

I believe you. Somehow your sim doesn't see the files in community folder. I am not sure why. Maybe it's your cache.

Gaming Laptop:
MSI GS75 Stealth 5.6GHz Intel Core i9 - 10th gen 16 core CPU  -  32 GB DDR4 SDRAM  - 1TB SSD - RTX 2080 Super - 1920x1080 - 3 fans and cooling pipes.

1 hour ago, BijanStudio said:

The whole world - minus few tropical areas, should have fall colors now.

Ok, I thought it is possible to spare the southern hemisphere, as they do not have fall now. But that is minor, I can restrict my fall flights to the northern hemisphere for now and switch to default for the southern hemisphere flights. Just hope it will be once possible to have fall in the northern hemisphere and spring in the southern and vice versa. Otherwise flights from one into the other hemisphere are ruined...

• Upvote 1

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

"Somehow your sim doesn't see the files in community folder."

I have 112GB of files in the Community folder, managed by MSFS Addons Linker. All that has be selected can be seen, but somehow not Fall!

Martin

Martin Parr

System: Omen 30L GT13-0054na Gaming PC; Windows 10 Home  64-bit OS; Intel Core i9-10900K CPU @ 3.7GHz; RAM 32GB; Samsung S34J55x Monitor 3440x1440 @75 Hz Resolution; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti. MSFS P/D; TM Pendular Rudder Pedals, TM Warthog Hortas Throttle/Joystick Combo.

Bijan,

When you make the spring set, Even being able to vary the "green" will make a big difference.  I like what the fall colors do for the "depth" of the view as opposed to the very 

uniform green of the stock trees.  It really is quite tranformative,  hopefully everyone gets there community folder installs worked out... (remember the comma...)

33 minutes ago, sauviat said:

"Somehow your sim doesn't see the files in community folder."

I have 112GB of files in the Community folder, managed by MSFS Addons Linker. All that has be selected can be seen, but somehow not Fall!

Martin

By any chance, have you installed the "tree editor" mod, to change the trees size? Maybe it's conflicting with this mod. 

Gaming Laptop:
MSI GS75 Stealth 5.6GHz Intel Core i9 - 10th gen 16 core CPU  -  32 GB DDR4 SDRAM  - 1TB SSD - RTX 2080 Super - 1920x1080 - 3 fans and cooling pipes.

This is perfect here in Oklahoma, Central USA, thanks. Very much worth the download

• Like 1

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

18 minutes ago, bszuch said:

Bijan,

When you make the spring set, Even being able to vary the "green" will make a big difference.  I like what the fall colors do for the "depth" of the view as opposed to the very 

uniform green of the stock trees.  It really is quite tranformative,  hopefully everyone gets there community folder installs worked out... (remember the comma...)

Yes, it makes sense. I tried more brighter fall colors that some people like, but it really doesn't fit the scenery since most of the grasslands are green. So I kept it subtle and dull colors. 

Gaming Laptop:

Hooray! Two json files, non related, were in the folder where I placed the Fall folder. Removed them and I have Autumn.

Thank you

Martin

• Like 1

Martin Parr

39 minutes ago, sauviat said:

Hooray! Two json files, non related, were in the folder where I placed the Fall folder. Removed them and I have Autumn.

Thank you

Martin

Great to hear that. Enjoy.

Gaming Laptop:

On 11/10/2020 at 7:22 AM, edpatino said:

Works here too in the Community folder. Thanks for the excellent idea, that way we don't have to modify stock MSFS assets.

What I've been noticing though, is that with the mod the size of the trees are modified (way bigger compared to summer/spring, I mean the green ones) depending on the region. Please report if others are getting the same.

Thanks to the contributors and of course, to the original mod developer.

Cheers, Ed

I've noticed a change also, but I don't think it's necessarily the tree size. I think it's more of a  change in tree density for certain biomes. For example, I developed an airport add-on in which I specifically altered the tree height and species on the approach path to make traveling along the glide scope more realistic. With this add-on, the biome is still the same and the tree height still adjusts itself as it should, but the density for specific species has increased making the trees in the area seem taller and definitely more filled out.  This may be okay for some except for those developers whose add-ons have been created with a specific look in certain areas.

I noticed in this xml that the spawnRatio for certain species in certain biomes are higher than in the stock xml. I think this would cause a different ratio of certain species than what you see with default, in essence not only changing the color, but the amount of trees also.

I fixed this by matching the total spawnRatio for a given species in this add-on xml to that in the stock xml. For example, let's say the ratio for deciduous trees in the Conifer-Warm biome is "1.0" in the stock xml. In the add-on xml, if there are 4 entries for deciduous trees for 4 different colors (again this is just an example), I altered the ratios in the add-on xml so that the total number doesn't exceed that of the stock xml (ie .25, .25, .25, .25)

This seems to have worked in keeping the exact same tree density for a given species in a given biome as default, but still keeping the new variation in tree colors.

Sorry if that was a little long winded, but this is something I noticed as well and tried to fix.

1 hour ago, JrPainkiller606 said:

I've noticed a change also, but I don't think it's necessarily the tree size. I think it's more of a  change in tree density for certain biomes. For example, I developed an airport add-on in which I specifically altered the tree height and species on the approach path to make traveling along the glide scope more realistic. With this add-on, the biome is still the same and the tree height still adjusts itself as it should, but the density for specific species has increased making the trees in the area seem taller and definitely more filled out.  This may be okay for some except for those developers whose add-ons have been created with a specific look in certain areas.

I noticed in this xml that the spawnRatio for certain species in certain biomes are higher than in the stock xml. I think this would cause a different ratio of certain species than what you see with default, in essence not only changing the color, but the amount of trees also.

I fixed this by matching the total spawnRatio for a given species in this add-on xml to that in the stock xml. For example, let's say the ratio for deciduous trees in the Conifer-Warm biome is "1.0" in the stock xml. In the add-on xml, if there are 4 entries for deciduous trees for 4 different colors (again this is just an example), I altered the ratios in the add-on xml so that the total number doesn't exceed that of the stock xml (ie .25, .25, .25, .25)

This seems to have worked in keeping the exact same tree density for a given species in a given biome as default, but still keeping the new variation in tree colors.

Sorry if that was a little long winded, but this is something I noticed as well and tried to fix.

This is an issue that has been fixed in version two that is coming in the next few days. Along with some other enhancements, such as adding palm trees to areas of the world that is missing, color corrections, density corrections.

• Like 1

Gaming Laptop:

3 minutes ago, BijanStudio said:

This is an issue that has been fixed in version two that is coming in the next few days. Along with some other enhancements, such as adding palm trees to areas of the world that is missing, color corrections, density corrections.

Thanks, that's good news. Great mod btw.

I also noticed you have color variations in the tropical and semi tropical biomes, causing foliage in places like southern Florida. Not sure if that was intentional or not.

• Like 1

I just want to say a big thank you for your work with seasons! I also wish you could possibly send your creations to: Flightsim.to
Once again a big thank you!
Greetings
imb12

• Like 1