Sign in to follow this  
andyjohnston.net

Opinions?

6 hours ago, Cmcollazo71 said:

Exactly! I went from PMDG 737NGX all the time to learning to lean that Bonanza!

I’m a total GA guy now in, what? 4 months?

Since, PMDG is way out in the future I’m looking forward to more GA releases.

I’d love to see some Pipers, I know a Seminole is coming, but a Cherokee and a Malibu steam gauged would be lovely!

Completely me too.....waiting for the Boeing to make an appearance in MSFS...meanwhile, loving GA!

3 hours ago, Cmcollazo71 said:

Did I miss something? Did I not give it enough time to see what the fuss was about?

Yes and yes!

The fun is having a nav system as intuitive and easy as the GTN 750 from @RXP, planning an easy flight, and finding a DOOZI of a waypoint that just makes you laugh, like this one: 

Eh4W3O.jpg

Or having the option to overlay the chart on the map to really up the immersion and realism....

0H7RoB.jpg

Wanna quickly know the field elevation at the airport you're flying to? (among many other things?)  just a few taps away....

NNy1NQ.jpg

Or if you just want to laugh uncontrollably when you stumble on TOJAM and go out of your normal flightpath to very easily add it to your existing flightplan by "rubber banding" your magenta line until it snaps onto TOJAM. 🤣

CdYPy0.jpg

So....when we get a GTN in MSFS....I would highly recommend that you get it and play....I can't tell you how much entertainment it has added to my simming experience. 😉 

• Like 3

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

I still use FSX maybe once a month, have no other sims installed, never will. I may grab MSFS late in 2021 but not for PMDG but for A2A and Milviz type aircraft. PMDG is important in legacy sims where scenery is not important just fly to FL350 set autopilot and go reed a book until decent in crappy scenery.

Edited by jbdbow1970
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, jbdbow1970 said:

I still use FSX maybe once a month, have no other sims installed, never will. I may grab MSFS late in 2021 but not for PMDG but for A2A and Milviz type aircraft. PMDG is important in legacy sims where scenery is not important just fly to FL350 set autopilot and go reed a book until decent in crappy scenery.

i never will understand that, so you play a a robotic kinda busdriver.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, andyjohnston.net said:

Although I have to admit that both the scenery and aircraft in MSFS look fantastic, somehow I just don't find it as much "fun" as older versions.  Is it just me?

Agree with You! The "fun" is gone, thre "thrill", the "kick" or what ever, its just not there anymore its gone... I had the "WOW-feeling" the first weeks, but now?... No. Its just gone. Sad but true.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, UAL4life said:

Older versions of MSFS2020? or simulators in general?

Older versions of 2020 I completely agree!

It’s not the same product I purchased back in August and I haven’t touched it since the Japan Update (being the biggest downgrade in certain areas of the game thus far.)

Personally I feel like it was bait and switch but I should have known that this was their “style” when they showcased the release trailer displaying the awesome looking water masking that is non-existent in the actual product (something they continue to falsely show off when they do their regional showcases)

"It’s not the same product I purchased back in August and I haven’t touched it since the Japan Update (being the biggest downgrade in certain areas of the game thus far.)"

How true! Could not have said it any better myself! +1

10 hours ago, andyjohnston.net said:

Although I have to admit that both the scenery and aircraft in MSFS look fantastic, somehow I just don't find it as much "fun" as older versions.  Is it just me?

probably just you .I  wonder if you was expecting a few pages of people replying to this thread spiting fire out of their brain saying how bad FS2020 is and also saying this is a GAME not a sim .. was that what you was expecting to see ???? 

I like others are aware of the FLAWS of FS2020 but you trully cant compare FS2020 with FSX both on their default aircraft not ignoring the current issues being worked on despite the heat from some remeber the default 737 in FSX ???? 

can you please go back to FSX and compare your experience in multiplayer with FS2020 ??? 

I had got myself flying with random people in multiplayer for a couple of hours and just the multiplayer experience had got me and a few other RWP spending wayyy too much time in FS2020 . 

northing against you at all I respect your opinion but i just dont see how FS2020 with its current flaws not be fun at ALL . 

• Like 3

Image removed as image is no longer available.

11 hours ago, andyjohnston.net said:

Yes, it's just you 🙂 . I miss very much some advanced airliner, but flying with small GA aircraft is not comparable with older sims. It is much many times funner, due scenery, weather. lighting and flight dynamics, than previous sims.

• Like 2

Not to thread steal,  but my opinion on the best plane in MSFS is this...

Not too small but easy to land by stick and rudder with no help or auto anything.

I've been landing it all over China just for kicks. As well as the detailed MS deluxe big city airports.  One of the best default planes in flightsim history!

Beechcraft does an elegant paint job too! oji.gif

r4AFaDJ.jpg

• Like 1

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

4 hours ago, Cmcollazo71 said:

Me too, I’ve become a GA pilot after years and years of only PMDG 737 flying!

The same for me 🙂 . In FSX I was fly 90% of all time with PMDG 737 NG. I miss it in MSFS, but there isn't any way to go back after some flights in unbelievable real weather and light conditions over the fantastic real scenery in MSFS. Now for me TBM930 is the best plane for IFR longer and higher flights (light replacement instead of PMDG737) and Cessna 152 for lower slow flying and enjoing the scenery 🙂 .

• Like 3

7 hours ago, UAL4life said:

Older versions of MSFS2020? or simulators in general?

Older versions of 2020 I completely agree!

It’s not the same product I purchased back in August and I haven’t touched it since the Japan Update (being the biggest downgrade in certain areas of the game thus far.)

Personally I feel like it was bait and switch but I should have known that this was their “style” when they showcased the release trailer displaying the awesome looking water masking that is non-existent in the actual product (something they continue to falsely show off when they do their regional showcases)

I agree that this deceptive promotion gives me a bad taste whenever I think of Asobo and Microsoft, something I never felt with Microsoft which at least, destite sometimes anoying software, was always honest in its presentation of them.  It may have needed a machine with absolutely top specifications to run but if they photographed something it was exactly the same software that someone got at home.  

I no longer trust them like I did.

Harry Woodrow

8 hours ago, ryanbatcund said:

Pilotedge - I use that pretty often.  It seems funny to say this but flying on there has made my radio calls for real, so simple.  You'd think since I'm ATC its easy...but sometimes I get screwed up on from the pilot radio side of things....(I'm pretty low time VFR guy) so PE is a big confidence booster!  I know the area is limited, and a lot of people don't like that part...

Initially I thought the limited area would bug me but then I came to realize that I do a large percentage of my vfr flying in the western expansion area anyway.  I enjoy flying in real world weather and time as much as possible.  For me, living in the Atlantic time zone (UTC-4), that means it stays light out in the western US until well into the evening here on the east coast of Canada.  That plus the variety of scenery is incredible.  

Would I love to see an expansion into Western Canada?  Absolutely, but I think even as is I would get enough use out of it to try a western expansion subscription for a month.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

When i get bored of a game, i just stop playing it, i dont necesseraly feel the need to do a write up about it. Is it just me? 

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Steve Dra said:

So....when we get a GTN in MSFS....I would highly recommend that you get it and play....I can't tell you how much entertainment it has added to my simming experience. 😉

I’ll keep this in mind, thanks!

6 hours ago, buspelle said:

Agree with You! The "fun" is gone, thre "thrill", the "kick" or what ever, its just not there anymore its gone... I had the "WOW-feeling" the first weeks, but now?... No. Its just gone. Sad but true.

What exactly is gone? 🙂  Or what do you expect for more? Yes, we all knows, that there are some bugs and jetliners are near to completely missing, but why can't you enjoy the small planes and exploring the whole world with a various weather and light conditions? Maybe you only don't have enough ideas for interesting flights 🙂

• Like 1