Sign in to follow this  
SierraDelta

AIG AI Manager OCI for MSFS – Development Announcement

8 minutes ago, Kaiii3 said:

will make no difference, they both use the same SimConnect DLL....

Are you saying I'm pretty much screwed all of the sudden? 😕

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

17 minutes ago, Drumcode said:

Are you saying CTDs of MSFS? Or of the AIGTC? If the latter, you can use compatibility mode (WIN 7 or WIN8) for the AIGTC shortcut, if you haven't already tried. If the former, I think you have another problem.

29 minutes ago, Drumcode said:

we are still investingating what causes this issues in SimConnect. For example my system is running fine (but I am not using any other external SimConnect addons), other users reported crashes, then disabled other SimConenct Addons and had no crashes at all

AIGtechBanner_Kai_AVSIM.png

4 hours ago, Drumcode said:

I stopped using AIG traffic controller a while back due to TC constantly CTDing. For the moment I'm quite happy using Asobo Live traffic though. Still get all the excellent AIG models and liveries. 

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

Question related to MSFS, VATSIM, and model matching.

My goal:  When I see a plane on VATSIM map as a Dash-8, to see it in-game.

The tutorials that seem to be available are all for the last Stable version of the AIG AI manager, which is no longer available for download.  Using the most recent YT tutorial (January/Feb 2022, still using the stable version, non-beta), and the OCI manual for 1.1, I keep having the installer hang on the soundfiles.  This happens whether installing 2 or 10 flightplans.

So, to my question:

If I'm only flying online, in VATSIM, is there a way to *only* get the models/liveries, with no schedules/flightplans?  Asking as my only programming experience is with QBasic - 35ish years ago, so I have no idea if I'm asking a simple or complicated question.

Karl Gordon

4 hours ago, Cpt_Piett said:

I stopped using AIG traffic controller a while back due to TC constantly CTDing. For the moment I'm quite happy using Asobo Live traffic though. Still get all the excellent AIG models and liveries. 

Don’t you need TC running to get the models matched to the online traffic or nah? 
Do you see random European airlines at the US airports that shouldn’t be there? 

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

Just now, Drumcode said:

Don’t you need TC running to get the models matched to the online traffic or nah? 

No you don't need the manager running.

Yes, you will see random airlines at airports, IF you don't set the Ground Aircraft setting to 0. These are the static aircraft and MSFS just randomly picks whatever you have installed.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Drumcode said:

No random airlines. Trick is to set ground traffic to zero. With MSFS live traffic it will take a little while for the gates to fill up, but it will happen. Ground aircraft traffic, both taxiing and parked, at major hubs like EGLL during rush hour will be busy.

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

With TC running in the background I get crazy frame fluctuations especially at kphx.  I also have traffic set at 20% and I'm running around 24 to 29 frames...turn TC off and I'm over 30 frames. 

Asus Tuf Gaming Plus B550 - Asus Ryzen 9 5800X3D - Asus GeForce 4080 RTX OC Edition - 64GB DDR4 Ram 3600Mhz - EVGA 850W Power Supply - 2X 1 TB NVME PCIE gen 4 - Windows 10

11 hours ago, Kaiii3 said:
12 hours ago, Drumcode said:

Thank you. Can I roll back to 0.5.1.0 and not be forced to update?

will make no difference, they both use the same SimConnect DLL....

That's interesting... I've experienced pretty frequent TC crashes for the last 5 months or so; but I didn't have a single one in several flights with 0.5.1.0.  I was about to declare "victory" and then the 0.5.1.1 update arrived... now I'm back to getting TC crashes approximately every other flight.  Coincidence?  Maybe, maybe not.  I'd love to go back and retest 0.5.1.0 again (I've still got the archive); but I don't know of any way to keep TC from auto-updating itself to the latest version.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MadDog said:

That's interesting... I've experienced pretty frequent TC crashes for the last 5 months or so; but I didn't have a single one in several flights with 0.5.1.0.  I was about to declare "victory" and then the 0.5.1.1 update arrived... now I'm back to getting TC crashes approximately every other flight.  Coincidence?  Maybe, maybe not.  I'd love to go back and retest 0.5.1.0 again (I've still got the archive); but I don't know of any way to keep TC from auto-updating itself to the latest version.

block autoupdate by disableing Intenet for the TC startup, as soon as you get big loading image you can activate it again.

The only change between 0.5.1 an 0.5.1.1 was the way how MSFS is detected.

AIGtechBanner_Kai_AVSIM.png

Again, maybe it helps some: the way my TC almost always works is the following: start up MSFS completely until you sit at the gate. Only then fire up AIGTC, do not use the autoinjection. Prepare your aircraft or take a coffee until TC is up and running, then click on "inject". With every other approach, I get either CTDs of MSFS or TC just closes down itself. 

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

12 hours ago, 47th_ronin said:

If I'm only flying online, in VATSIM, is there a way to *only* get the models/liveries, with no schedules/flightplans?  Asking as my only programming experience is with QBasic - 35ish years ago, so I have no idea if I'm asking a simple or complicated question.

I don't know if it's possible to not install flightplans but only models and liveries but it shouldn't be a problem having FPLNs installed.
Just download the desired packages via the one click installer (models, liveries and flightplans get installed), let https://de.flightsim.to/file/15266/model-matching-magic MMM do it's magic and create a .vmr and you should have 95% correct models and liveries when flying online on VATSIM.

A model matching file .vmr looks like this:

<ModelMatchRule CallsignPrefix="QTR" TypeCode="B773" ModelName="AIGAIM_Qatar Airways Boeing 777-300ER" />
    <ModelMatchRule CallsignPrefix="QTR" TypeCode="B772" ModelName="AIGAIM_Qatar Airways Boeing 777-200LR" />
    <ModelMatchRule CallsignPrefix="QTR" TypeCode="B77L" ModelName="AIGAIM_Qatar Airways Boeing 777-200LR" />
    <ModelMatchRule CallsignPrefix="QTR" TypeCode="A35K" ModelName="AIGAIM_Qatar Airways Airbus A350-1000" />
    <ModelMatchRule CallsignPrefix="QTR" TypeCode="A359" ModelName="AIGAIM_Qatar Airways Airbus A350-900" />
    <ModelMatchRule CallsignPrefix="QTR" TypeCode="A333" ModelName="AIGAIM_Qatar Airways Airbus A330-300" />
    <ModelMatchRule CallsignPrefix="QTR" TypeCode="A332" ModelName="AIGAIM_Qatar Airways Airbus A330-200" />
    <ModelMatchRule CallsignPrefix="QTR" TypeCode="B789" ModelName="AIGAIM_Qatar Airways Boeing 787-9" />
    <ModelMatchRule CallsignPrefix="QTR" TypeCode="B788" ModelName="AIGAIM_Qatar Airways Boeing 787-8" />
    <ModelMatchRule CallsignPrefix="QTR" TypeCode="A321" ModelName="AIGAIM_Qatar Airways Airbus A321-200" />
    <ModelMatchRule CallsignPrefix="QTR" TypeCode="A320" ModelName="AIGAIM_Qatar Airways Airbus A320-200 - IAE//AIGAIM_Qatar Airways Airbus A320-200SL - CFM" />

The installed flightplans installed along with the models and liveries are not "active", when you do not start Traffic Controller.

As far as I've understood, installed aircraft need TC to follow their flightplans (can be wrong though, never used TC since I do 100% of my flights online).

When you don't use TC, there's no way the models can follow installed flightplans but are just there to visualise online traffic.

Hope that's what you meant 🙂

Edited by Konterhalbe

11 hours ago, Kaiii3 said:

block autoupdate by disableing Intenet for the TC startup, as soon as you get big loading image you can activate it again.

The only change between 0.5.1 an 0.5.1.1 was the way how MSFS is detected.

Nah... that's going to be a little more trouble than its worth.  I just found it it interesting that others also had good luck with 0.5.1.0.  I will say that even .5.1.1 seems more stable than the .5.0.x builds... it still crashes occasionally; but not nearly as often.  Now if we could just do something about all the spinning aircraft on the ground (I know its an Asobo issue). 

2 minutes ago, MadDog said:

Now if we could just do something about all the spinning aircraft on the ground (I know its an Asobo issue).

If this and the extremely long landing runs were fixed things would be quite decent in terms of AI traffic.

• Like 1