Sign in to follow this  
SierraDelta

AIG AI Manager OCI for MSFS – Development Announcement

I thought now AIG OCI for MSFS is being slowed down or something like this?

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

TBD I'm a bit confused what is exactly happening regarding AI and live traffic and their liveries.

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Ultra, 32GB DDR4 3600 MHz RAM, 2* 1 TB SSD,1*4 TB M.2, 2*1 TB M.2, (4TB) HDD,RADEON RX 6800XT NITRO+ OC SE 16GB GDDR6, NZXT Kraken X73, NZXT 710 Case, X55 JOYSTICK/THROTTLES, LG 4K monitor, Dell 1080 monitor. Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle. Thrustmaster TPR Pedals. Tobii Eye tracker.

2 hours ago, eaim said:

TBD I'm a bit confused what is exactly happening regarding AI and live traffic and their liveries.

I believe they have had issues with other developers using property belonging to AIG for model matching with VATSIM, and told them to not use the models in the future, so that's sad AIG will no longer support that project, Also there is a lot of work to do porting over aircraft and getting them right for MSFS. It's a long road but they will get there.

tpewpb-6.png

AIGTech (Software developer for AIGAIM and OCI) is focusing at the moment on other products simulators (incl. cross-plattform compbility, so the features can be migrated to MSFS at some point). I have decided to go this way since the software for OCI in MSFS is more or less done and just needs some minor bug fixing. So there is nothing for me to do at the moment for MSFS, thats the main reason you guys did not get any major updates regarding OCI over the last weeks.

Besides the software-team, AIG has an internal team working on a process to convert old FSX models to the native MSFS format, this process is taking longer as anyone has hoped and the result is far from our expectations.... I am not in regular contact with them, but they give use some updates from time to time and we are all hoping that they will find a way soon.

So basically no changes at all to the actual OCI pre-alpha previews we are shwoing since some time - sadly....

In the meantime our internal team got a FDE-Developer that is now starting to explore the new FDE-Settings in the Sim, so we can provide updated FDEs for each aircraft in OCI 🙂

• Like 4

AIGtechBanner_Kai_AVSIM.png

I think we will have this addon sooner than FSLT , hope we can use AIG AI with psxssecontraffic

Edited by motishow

3 minutes ago, motishow said:

I think we will have this addon sooner than FSLT , hope we can use AIG AI with psxssecontraffic

No clue how FSLTL will work in converting models, or if they just add a MSFS FDE to the "old" FSX models...

As far as I know AIGAIM-OCI is working in P3D with psxssecontraffic, so I guess it should work in MSFS as well. Beside that AIGAIM-OCI will work for default offline and online traffic with the same setup in MSFS, and we actual might have some other news at some later point in our development 😉

• Like 3

On 1/30/2021 at 2:11 AM, Kaiii3 said:

Beside that AIGAIM-OCI will work for default offline and online traffic with the same setup in MSFS, and we actual might have some other news at some later point in our development 😉

I am purposely not exploring too much around the world until this is done. It will be worth the wait. I simply cannot hop around cities in tubeliners with generic models, no way. Once this is released, this sim will be epic. 

• Like 2

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

Hey Guys,

time for a new dev-update regarding AIGAIM-OCI for MSFS:

I will start with the good news first:

Models:
Our team has made some huge progress regarding the model conversion, the models tested so far fulfill the high-quality standards we have for our users and it looks good that we can perform the changes on the other models as well. The main goal is to provide the same amount of features (animations, etc.) as in the FSX/P3D models.

Repaints:
Repaints from FSX/P3D will work in MSFS without major problems, for repaints that need some changes we will provide a technical solution that will ensure the “old” repaints are working in MSFS in the same quality as new once.

Airports:
Over the last days our internal testers and some external users reported some findings regarding airport parking-spot usage. Based on this feedback we have now the option to plan for possible airport updates as well.

Now to the not so good news (you can call them bad news – but that is up to you):

FDE:
The SDK incl. Documentation is still far from completed and our internal members are still struggling to find the perfect settings for AI aircraft, like we have in the older simulators. Currently it is more like try and error, and often it is a failure.

Contact to ASOBO/MS:
Many of you have asked if we have tried to get in contact with MS/ASOBO. We have tried our best and never got any response… The first contact was during the ALPHA/BETA phase of MSFS and the second mail was sent three weeks ago. We never received any response, not even a mail “thanks for your mail, we will get in touch.”
We know that MS/ASOBO is working on their own liveries and models for AI – and they might do not want to work with us (and see us as a competitor…), but some kind of answer would have been nice. Since their models/repaints would need the same improvements/changes in the SDK we are asking for.
We can and will work on a release of AIGAIM-OCI for MSFS, but as long as the internal AI-System is not improved I am sure the result will be far from what we would like to see in a new Simulator like MSFS.

• Like 8
  • Upvote 1

Thank you very much for keeping us posted, Kai

• Like 1

Kind regards,
Hans van WIjhe

Acer Predator P03-640 2.10 Ghz Intel 12th Gen Core 17-12700F 64GB memory, Noctua NH-U9S Cooler, 1.02 TB SSD HD, 1.02 TB HD,  NVidia Geforce RTX 3070 16GB Memory, Windows 11 (x64)

3 minutes ago, hvw said:

Thank you very much for keeping us posted, Kai

no problem, it would not be fair to not tell you guys anything after we posted the first previews and I am not the fan of lying about the slow development process ^^

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Kaiii3 said:

Contact to ASOBO/MS:
Many of you have asked if we have tried to get in contact with MS/ASOBO. We have tried our best and never got any response… The first contact was during the ALPHA/BETA phase of MSFS and the second mail was sent three weeks ago. We never received any response, not even a mail “thanks for your mail, we will get in touch.”
We know that MS/ASOBO is working on their own liveries and models for AI – and they might do not want to work with us (and see us as a competitor…), but some kind of answer would have been nice. Since their models/repaints would need the same improvements/changes in the SDK we are asking for.
We can and will work on a release of AIGAIM-OCI for MSFS, but as long as the internal AI-System is not improved I am sure the result will be far from what we would like to see in a new Simulator like MSFS.

Thank you for this and for all of your work. 

What can we do to move this forward? I feel like we can make a difference if we act in a coordinated manner. IMO, there is zero chance that AS/MS will be able to implement models/liveries in a manner that would come close to what we have enjoyed in previous sims. There are simply too may liveries and too many models for any shop to create from scratch.

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

7 minutes ago, duckbilled said:

There are simply too may liveries and too many models for any shop to create from scratch.

If only we had a few already of existing airlines to replace the ugly stock ones we've got from Asobo et al.

Kind regards,
Hans van WIjhe

Acer Predator P03-640 2.10 Ghz Intel 12th Gen Core 17-12700F 64GB memory, Noctua NH-U9S Cooler, 1.02 TB SSD HD, 1.02 TB HD,  NVidia Geforce RTX 3070 16GB Memory, Windows 11 (x64)

It's nice to see an update after so long of silence at least from what I have seen when I check the AIG website forums.  I would post this update there as well to inform simmers if not done already.  As another simmer mentioned above, what can we do to help get Asobos' attention.  Isn't there a posting of most requested changes/issues the they read?  Is there a link or email address we could get a little campaign going to get their attention?

Thx for all your work AIG over the years!

• Like 1

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

1 minute ago, Clutch Cargo said:

It's nice to see an update after so long of silence at least from what I have seen when I check the AIG website forums.  I would post this update there as well to inform simmers if not done already.  As another simmer mentioned above, what can we do to help get Asobos' attention.  Isn't there a posting of most requested changes/issues the they read?  Is there a link or email address we could get a little campaign going to get their attention?

Thx for all your work AIG over the years!

Update has been posted in the Forum already, as well as in the MSFS forum. A user over at MSFS offered to open a "wish-thread", as soon as it is oprn I guess it would ot hurt to upvote there^^

• Like 3