Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

World Update II: United States (Update #7) is now live!

4 hours ago, Pathfinder633 said:

They say they made changes to the flight model, well from flying the XCub the changes = making it even easier to fly.

It was already unrealistic  now its even worse, its such a shame that game/sim with such a good visual standard that lends itself to Low and Slow VFR flight is hobbled by a flight model seemingly desinged with the intent to attract gamers at the cost of realism, I suspect they just dont want to spend the time on it as most players only seem interested in pushing buttons and autopilot functionality in the A320

A great opportunity missed with this game, Im going back to X-Plane

It's also a shame that some come into a forum and intentionally try to pass conspiratorial theory as fact with no evidence.  There is zero evidence that they intentionally dumbed down the model of the XCub, or that they don't want to spend time on it.

But even IF they intentionally dumbed down the model, the focus for Microsoft Flight Simulator has always been in the middle of the road.  They try to walk the line between being accessible to a wide audience while maintaining a degree of realism that will satisfy the hard core simmer.

Enjoy X-Plane.  

• Like 8

11 hours ago, Tuskin38 said:

To be fair, it specifically says visitors centre on the POI.

Thanks, I missed that detail.

9 hours ago, wthomas33065 said:

They already do.  Install the the freeware one and the visitor center by MS completes the package.  Works great.

Glad to hear it, I had uninstalled the mod before the update but I’ll put it back now.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

1 hour ago, wthomas33065 said:

It's also a shame that some come into a forum and intentionally try to pass conspiratorial theory as fact with no evidence.  There is zero evidence that they intentionally dumbed down the model of the XCub, or that they don't want to spend time on it.

But even IF they intentionally dumbed down the model, the focus for Microsoft Flight Simulator has always been in the middle of the road.  They try to walk the line between being accessible to a wide audience while maintaining a degree of realism that will satisfy the hard core simmer.

Enjoy X-Plane.  

Completely agree with your sentiment. 

I am a recreational pilot IRL and have been very much enjoying MSFS. Perfect yet? No? Incredible base for third party contributors to continue fiddling? Absolutely. 

Asobo has clearly not abandoned the program after launch.  

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

I may give Rex Weather Force a go, what does anyone else think?

Any major hit to FPS from the updates or any stutters, I guess the real issue is if you had a stutter you'd always wonder, was it MSFS or was it the addon.

That's what has kept me from installing a lot of third-party stuff, other than airports and scenery, and eventually planes when more become available.

AMD 5800x | Nvidia 3080 (12gb) | 64gb ram

2 minutes ago, SceneryFX said:

I may give Rex Weather Force a go, what does anyone else think?

If you are looking to setup more detailed weather conditions, that sounds like a great idea.  If you are looking as a stop gap alternate to "live weather", then I suggest unreal weather.  It's free and it's works on constantly updated METAR's.   It suffers from some transition issues as would be expected from weather that exists from "snapshots" instead of actually modelling weather.   But overall, I like it.

49 minutes ago, regis9 said:

Glad to hear it, I had uninstalled the mod before the update but I’ll put it back now.

Same here, good to know as well.

Edited by Tuskin38

2 hours ago, Cmcollazo71 said:

Yes there is...

Easiest way to update from the Content Manager is select all and update , it’ll update/download anything that’s not already in your library.

Hope this helps! 

Ok I selected all the items and all is up to date, but I haven't got any Alaska Bush trip available 😞

5 hours ago, Pathfinder633 said:

They say they made changes to the flight model, well from flying the XCub the changes = making it even easier to fly.

It was already unrealistic  now its even worse, its such a shame that game/sim with such a good visual standard that lends itself to Low and Slow VFR flight is hobbled by a flight model seemingly desinged with the intent to attract gamers at the cost of realism, I suspect they just dont want to spend the time on it as most players only seem interested in pushing buttons and autopilot functionality in the A320

A great opportunity missed with this game, Im going back to X-Plane

Well, if they are using the same flight model for the upcoming XBox release I can easily see why they would do this!

At least it will make it easier to land in external view now!

Chris Camp

6 minutes ago, Noooch said:

Ok I selected all the items and all is up to date, but I haven't got any Alaska Bush trip available 😞

Did you go to the marketplace and "buy and download" the "US Update"?

...jim

ASUS Prime Z790-E, Intel i9 13900K, 32Gb DDR5 Ram, Nvidia 3090 24Gb, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500 GB and 1 TB, Samsung Odyssey G9 Ultrawide 49" G-SYNC Monitor.

12 minutes ago, Noooch said:

Check in Market Placed the you have the World Update installed. Is it marked as "Owned/Installed"? If not, click "Buy & Download".

Even though it is free it is your choice if you want to add it to your sim.

mp.png

Edited by espent

// 5800X3D // RTX 3090 // 64GB RAM // HP REVERB G2 //

7 minutes ago, Noooch said:

You should see UNALASKA to KULIK LAKE as a new Bush trip.  It shows up in my activities.  I am assuming you also downloaded the US update from Marketplace as well.  (you have to purchase and download, (it's free)), but it's treated like other third party addons.

12 minutes ago, Noooch said:

Did you go into the Marketplace and 'Buy and Download' the free US World Update DLC?

AMD 3950X | 64GB RAM | AMD 5700XT | CH Fighterstick / Pro Throttle / Pro Pedals

33 minutes ago, marsman2020 said:

Buy and Download' the free US World Update DLC?

Yes! I forgot to mention that step🤭

Still got lightning constantly.  Currently flying south from Brisbane, weather reports show clear skies, I've got patchy clouds and thunder and lightning.