Sign in to follow this  
DrumsArt

ASP3D RC4 out

11 minutes ago, mikeymike said:

im getting fps fluctuations and at night with dynamic reflections there is an issue with qw 787 looks gun metal grey

anyone else notice this?

cheers

mike

Cockpit color is affected by shaders in the shaders folder.

Eric 

1 minute ago, B777ER said:

Cockpit color is affected by shaders in the shaders folder.

thanks, thou i did delete shaders and rebuild and tried aslo reinstalling client and shaders HSL i have no idea whats going on

48 minutes ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

I've always preferred soft clouds going back to REX soft clouds days pre-EA.  Are you supporting multiple cloud layers?

Cheers, Rob.

Yes......he is....look here. looks good. NOTE: Was with VR turned on so with VR turned off probably a little better. Cloud settings to high instead of ultra due that also.

I do also prefer softer clouds.....it is better due the otherwise pixelated issues. 

This where with 3 layers active (10 layers possible due my setting in ASP3D)

CQDjBQ9.pngHr87KE5.png

Edited by mpo910
  • Like 6

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

4 hours ago, Damian Clark said:

The majority of feedback preferred the soft look to reduce pixelation problems.  We understand this is not ideal for everyone.  You can adjust this fortunately, and we will be looking to provide tools for users to adjust easily to their preference in the future.

That is recommended for now, but if you don't like it, go ahead and check it and try default or adjust the values.. there are a few examples recently posted here in this forum.

Prefer soft clouds, due to all the issue you have with hard edges, going to check it out thanks Damian:-)

André

Anyone getting the issue with EA on where the skies start as shown (partly cloudy) and then just clear up to no clouds (EA off clouds work fine)?  This happens whether cloudy or partly cloudy, it just clears right up?

Darcy

My opinion with this new Active Sky update is this:  I still think that EA should be OFF!.  With EA off, the clouds in this new update are more realistic, and the various types of clouds look much better...especially the cirrus layer. So, I really like Active Sky today.  It's looking good. The cockpit of the plane along with the spot view of the plane itself are much more satisfying, and not dark, foreboding flying chunks of metal.

I tried turning on EA with this new update, and I still got blocks (better than before...yes) of perfectly sculpted cloud layers.  I also don't like the ultra-soft looking clouds everywhere.  Not enough variation, in my opinion.  If you have a way to tweak this so as to make it more realistic, I'd be interested in knowing how.  However, I still don't like the dark cockpits.

I really wonder how much Active Sky can actually do with EA.  After all, it is a different software from a different company.

Stan

• Upvote 2

I miss the cloud variation as well but just cannot go back to the older lighting...

• Like 1

Shom

[Win 10 Pro, i7-9700K, MSI 3080Ti, 4K screen, Crucial 2666 16GB, 2 500GB Samsung EVOs 850/860]

[MSFS 2020 running with Fenix A320, PMDG 737, FSS E-175, Aerosoft CRJ]

[P3D v5.3 HF2 running with ifly 737 Max 8, FSLabs A319/320/321, Feelthere E170/175/190/195 v3, PMDG 737 NGXu ,TFDI 717, Aerosoft CRJ Pro, Majestic Dash 8, CS 757 iii, Feelthere ERJ-145, Fly The Maddog X, QW 787, PMDG 777]

Today I made a flight from Amsterdam to Nice.

Overcast the whole route. Then EA looks quiet boring at 33500 ft :

• Like 1

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

30 minutes ago, GSalden said:

Today I made a flight from Amsterdam to Nice.

Overcast the whole route. Then EA looks quiet boring at 33500 ft :

Totally agree!

I also liked the clouds in RC3 much better, it seems a little bit to soft now! Not what I see when I look in to the sky, clouds have sharper edges in my opinion, and more random shapes.

11 hours ago, rob0203 said:

Totally agree!

I also liked the clouds in RC3 much better, it seems a little bit to soft now! Not what I see when I look in to the sky, clouds have sharper edges in my opinion, and more random shapes.

Whilst I agree with more random shapes, personally I think soft clouds are the only way we're going to get decent looking clouds for now, until we see something like the MSFS type.

2D clouds are a thing of the past, and don't look to blend well with the sky or have any real depth compared to the truesky ones. Just my opinion.

It actually feels like you're 'surfing the clouds' when you pop out of or go into the overcast.

CPU: i7 11700K @ 5.0 Ghz | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus Master RTX 3070 | Mobo: ASUS ROG Strix Z590-F  | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 3200MHz | Harddrive: 3x Samsung 1Tb 970 Evo Plus M.2 SSD | Peripherals: TrackIR 5, Fulcrum One Yoke, Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals

17 minutes ago, Avionixz said:

... to get decent looking clouds for now, until we see something like the MSFS type.

Personally i don't understand this cheering for MSFS clouds. IMO they look often like cotton candy hanging in the sky.

Bob Ross would have liked this "happy little accident" clouds of course. I find them very cartoonish.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png

Well I turned EA on for the first time yesterday after install RC4 Beta and the atmospherics was better but I did observe a strange orange glow when compared to EA off. OK it was dusk but it seem to be overdone.

I also got some ASP3D warning messages about P3D cloud density being incorrectly set but when I checked it was on maximum. Anyone else seeing this? I need to check this tonight.

Edited by aldridgem
typo

Spoiler

System specs: MFG Crosswind pedals| ACE B747 yoke |Honeycomb Bravo throttle
Now built: P3Dv5.3HF2: Intel i5-12600K @4.8Ghz | MSI Z690-A PRO | Asus TUF Gaming RTX3070 OC 8Gb| 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz |Samsung 980Evo Pro PCIe 500Gb | WD Black SN850 PCIe 2Tb | beQuiet 802 Tower Case|Corsair RM850 PSU | Acer Predator 34p 3440x1440p

Mark Aldridge
P3D v5.3 HF2, P3Dv4.5 and sometimes FSX!

7 minutes ago, aldridgem said:

I did observe a strange orange glow when compared to EA off. OK it was dusk but it seem to be overdone.

I saw this as well. Looks like everything is on fire. Hope this will be fixed soon.

Best regards, Dimitrios

7950X - 32 GB - RX6800 - TrackIR - Power-LC M39 WQHD - Honeycomb Alpha yoke, Saitek pedals & throttles in a crummy home-cockpit - MSFS for Pilotedge, P3D for everything else

With HF4, it's better than before with and without EA, but I still have some areas with "chess board" clouds. Would be nice, if this could also be fixed... 

Anyone using the 787 qw with weather radar enabled and precipitation at airport thou nothing appearing on radar screen? With truesky enabled that is And ASP3D RC4

Thanks 

mike