Sign in to follow this  
CFIJose

Still No Sign of an Mooney Update

Threads about Carenado never disappoint. It's the gift that keeps on giving. 

I doubt that Careando reads avsim. They react via their support system or their Facebook page. 

Why oh why don't people finally realize how Carenado works? They release something. It's buggy. They release a patch. It's still buggy. They release a second, smaller patch. They move on the next plane. Lather, rinse, repeat. Additional bugs are left to the community to fix. 

Why would they suddenly change their modus operandi for MSFS 2020?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Ricardo41 said:

Threads about Carenado never disappoint. It's the gift that keeps on giving. 

I doubt that Careando reads avsim. They react via their support system or their Facebook page. 

Why oh why don't people finally realize how Carenado works? They release something. It's buggy. They release a patch. It's still buggy. They release a second, smaller patch. They move on the next plane. Lather, rinse, repeat. Additional bugs are left to the community to fix. 

Why would they suddenly change their modus operandi for MSFS 2020?

Been around this hobby long enough to know I don’t want to spend money on this brand.  I’d expect this from them..Asobo is taking the heat based on someone being told that a patch was sent already. Has Carenado followed up on its patch status with Asobo at all? Nobody knows.

Edited by Azapata87

Coming Thursday is the day apparently. This has been said by the MSFS community manager over at Reddit 

Edited by peroni
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, peroni said:

Coming Thursday is the day apparently. This has been said by the MSFS community manager over at Reddit 

In the development update I read, SDK & 3rd party update 12/10. I'm hoping for the best.

Edited by DJJose

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Fingers crossed! 😉

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

Hoping for the best, preparing for the status quo. 🙂

I think most of us can handle the actual issue not being addressed, we all know that squashing bugs is a tricky business.  What turns my stomach though is the constant mixed signals we get from both parties.

The incessant blame game, lack of either party to make a concrete statement saying how they will fix this 3rd party marketplace update debacle...I think that is what has really got us all up in arms. 🙂 

The last line...."We have yet to receive the PA44 from Carenado".   Really?  That's odd...Carenado said back on Dec 4:

"We have submitted a fix for CT182 Skylane and M20R Ovation to Microsoft early this week and hope to send a fixed PA44 Seminole in the next hours."

Sooooo......I guess when we see the word "hope" sprinkled in a statement from Carenado, it's like when you asked your mom growing up..."Mommy can I do a sleepover at Jonny's?....Parent version of no: "We'll see" 🤣

Hope....hope....hope.  In one of the greatest lines in movie history that accurately describes the human psyche in one sentence: "It is the quintessential human delusion, simultaneously the source of your greatest strength, and greatest weakness.” 

So, being human...I'm "hoping" Carenado finds a way to get that PA44 patch to MS before any deadline for patch submission...since they "Hoped" to send it in the next hours, 4 days ago.  I'm hopeful MS doesn't find another reason to not update the Mooney this Thursday (hoping the "Usually" applies to this Thursday, and hoping the "Barring any issues" isn't MS-speak for "We'll see").... since according to Carenado, they've had the Mooney patch since the 4th, and yet we saw updates to other products since....with no explanation as to why they could not update the Mooney when they were updating those scenery titles. 

LOL...a LOT of hoping going on there huh?  And that's my point.  To a certain degree, hope is essential since none of us (except Neo, the Oracle, and Yoda) can predict the future, but at this point...with so many let downs about getting updates posted on CA products, I'm switching to full-hopeless mode....in total "We'll see" mode. 🤣  Let's "hope" this is the one time a We'll see is actually a yes. 🙂

I really want to pull her out of the back corner of the hangar, wash the dust off her and put her back into the sky.  Sadly MS and AS have "Put Baby in the corner"....and in my best Patrick Swayze voice "Nobody puts Baby in the corner!" 😄

6sqMxA.jpg

• Like 1

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

7 minutes ago, Steve Dra said:

🤣🙂

I really want to pull her out of the back corner of the hangar, wash the dust off her and put her back into the sky.  Sadly MS and AS have "Put Baby in the corner"....and in my best Patrick Swayze voice "Nobody puts Baby in the corner!" 😄

Just recently saw Dirty Dancing again after watching the Netflix documentary. 😀

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Seems we now have a fix!

• Like 1

Pit.jpg

Com GA Pilot, Retired • MSFS 2020 • Gigabyte 8th gen lga1151 motherboard z2370 hd3, i5 8600 8th gen 4.3ghz, Thermaltake 750w power supply, 4 x 8gb ddr4 dimm, MSI force GTO 1070 8gb ddr5, 4 SSD's • 4K main display with 3 HD displays, one is a touch screen. Often used as 3 1080P NVIDEA surround screens and one HD touchscreen for AirManager

21 minutes ago, 177B said:

Seems we now have a fix!

We do...and I've CONFIRMED it's fixed the CTD Issue in the Mooney!

See...it was ALL my doing.  Once I noted I had lost all hope...a few mins later they patch the plane and end the agony!  🙂

With that said....everyone needs to do the following:

Lose hope for:

• Seeing live weather fixed once and for all
  • Seeing the end of a patch fixing one thing, while breaking 5 other things totally unrelated
  • Seeing a Total revamp of the Marketplace to where the developers control interjecting patches to their own stuff
  • Seeing the AP and avionics functions being fully opened up to 3rd parties and freeware mods, with a dedicated pipeline to Asobo for folks trying to make their sim better in every way
  • Seeing 737s, 747s, 787s, 7-anything-7s flying in the sim with highly accurate cockpits and systems
  • Seeing good ATC
  • Seeing (Insert the thing you've given up hope on here) 🙂 
  • Like 2

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

We are back in the air finally 🙂0ir25lR.jpg

• Like 5

Simming since FS 98. MSFS rig - Ryzen 3600 4.2Ghz - 32GB RAM 3600Mhz - Motherboard MSI 570 A Pro - RTX 2080 Ti -all overclocked - 2xNVME storage. PSU Corsair HX850i platinum. Average 30Fps on 4K ultra.

My sun visor squeaks!  Is it supposed to?  It didn't on the update before the last update.  Not happy.  Literally unflyable now.

Also, I liked the click spots that sent me straight back to the desktop real quick instead of having to quit out through the really long winded menus.  A backwards step for me!   ☹️

• Like 6

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

Yeah I agree I miss the instant quit function as it literally saved my evenings commiting to long flights. Ohh well I guess we'll just have to suffer through flights now.

• Like 2

Simming since FS 98. MSFS rig - Ryzen 3600 4.2Ghz - 32GB RAM 3600Mhz - Motherboard MSI 570 A Pro - RTX 2080 Ti -all overclocked - 2xNVME storage. PSU Corsair HX850i platinum. Average 30Fps on 4K ultra.

As a rather persistent customer, asking for a working Mooney, I appreciate the efforts made by @Carenado and Asobo.  I am even willing to put my money where my mouth is and purchase the PA44 (as soon as THAT fix get into the MSFSMP). 

Mods- perhaps, now that we have a solution for the Mooney, this topic could die a natural death, so as to not deter new purchasers?

Edited by cavaricooper
  • Upvote 1

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

37 minutes ago, cavaricooper said:

As a rather persistent customer, asking for a working Mooney, I appreciate the efforts made by @Carenado and Asobo.  I am even willing to put my money where my mouth is and purchase the PA44 (as soon as THAT fix get into the MSFSMP). 

Mods- perhaps, now that we have a solution for the Mooney, this topic could die a natural death, so as to not deter new purchasers?

You are very forgiving considering how long and how messy that was 🙂

19 minutes ago, leprechaunlive said:

You are very forgiving considering how long and how messy that was 🙂

Not at all... I am FIRMLY committed to this new sim (eventually).  I just don't care for unethical positioning and the tolerance of bad business practices.  If we excuse mediocrity, we shall have it (in spades).  Just look at society today.

• Like 2

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper