Sign in to follow this  
Clutch Cargo

"melted" buildings is a cause of?

15 hours ago, fppilot said:

Please grab a Windows screen capture and post in this topic.  Bring the area into view when on the ground and parked in Parking spot 1. or at RWY 22, then press in combination the Windows key, shift key, and S key, then drag to define the borders of the image.  Post back here.  Very interested in the images you post.  Can you top this?  I get the same on two different systems and have confirmation from two other members.  And so far no contradicting images.

image.png.fbeabed794b91ce533f21962a74725b5.png

15 hours ago, fppilot said:

Please grab a Windows screen capture and post in this topic.  Bring the area into view when on the ground and parked in Parking spot 1. or at RWY 22, then press in combination the Windows key, shift key, and S key, then drag to define the borders of the image.  Post back here.  Very interested in the images you post.  Can you top this?  I get the same on two different systems and have confirmation from two other members.  And so far no contradicting images.

image.png.fbeabed794b91ce533f21962a74725b5.png

Sorry, in regard to my earlier post, I had been looking at a different airport from KESN. But I believe the flat images you see at KESN are due to missing autogen, not photogrammetry. As other have pointed out, photogrammetry in MSFS is mainly confined to large cities or landmarks and rarely to small airports. When I look at KESN, the few 3D buildings I find (such as the terminal and control tower) are well-crafted autogen -- no "melting". I have a screenshot in .jpg format, but cannot get it to load in this reply-- sorry.) The "windows icon-shift-S-drag" method does not work for me.) In general, I find the smaller airports to be nicely modeled, and exceptions are rare. Perhaps you can find someone to improve KESN for you -- there are folks who love to do this stuff!

My internet speed shows about 200 mbps. I had the melting buildings in LA area, that was a couple of months ago, not sure if it was fixed. Lately I was flying around Tokyo and that is very dense, seen a little scenery loading but not bad.

I have this problem big time.  Trees look like triangles, buildings look melted, terrain is blurry and runway markings are blurry.  Most of my settings are high, not ultra.  Is there no fix for this?  I have fast internet speed as well.  

Intel Core i7 12700K (5.0GHz Max Boost Clock) 12-Core CPU   32GB G.Skill Performance DDR4 SDRAM 3600MHz       Graphics Processor:12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 Ti, GDDR6x System   2TB Western Digital, NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive

1 hour ago, Zimmerbz said:

I have this problem big time.  Trees look like triangles, buildings look melted, terrain is blurry and runway markings are blurry.  Most of my settings are high, not ultra.  Is there no fix for this?  I have fast internet speed as well.  

What server are you defaulted to? What are your xbox networking / NAT settings? Rolling cache enabled? 

Edited by DylanM

12 minutes ago, DylanM said:

What server are you defaulted to? What are your xbox networking / NAT settings? Rolling cache enabled? 

Defaulted to USA east, not on Xbox and not sure what NAT settings is, Rolling Cache is enabled. 

Intel Core i7 12700K (5.0GHz Max Boost Clock) 12-Core CPU   32GB G.Skill Performance DDR4 SDRAM 3600MHz       Graphics Processor:12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 Ti, GDDR6x System   2TB Western Digital, NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive

On 12/2/2020 at 12:09 PM, Nemo said:

I think it is (2).

You will also find deformed bridges, harbor cranes and trees in photogrammetry cities. I don't understand how people her can live with this ... I'm using MSFS only for recreational sight seeing flights in non-urban (non photogrammetry) areas.

I've been in densely populated mediteranean countries & Germany/Belgium/France/UK/Japan and in large part it's been spectacular.  I guess there's more to be done to get the rest of the planet up to that level.  Some areas are real weak but so far it seems most are great w/ where I've been so far.

Edited by Noel

Noel

System:  9900K@5.0gHz@1.23v all cores, MSI MPG Z390M GAMING EDGE AC, Noctua NH-D15S w/ steady supply of 40-60F ambient air intake, Corsair Vengeance 32Gb LPX 3200mHz DDR4, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 2, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM 850W PSU, Win10 Pro, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frametime Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320NX, WT 787X

16 hours ago, DylanM said:

What server should I be on and what is the other stuff? NAT?  

5 hours ago, Zimmerbz said:

What server should I be on and what is the other stuff? NAT?  

Generally try and pick the one with the lowest latency but if you've few that are close, swap them and see if notice any improvement. Xbox networking settings are under the Game Mode menus in Win10, and you can run the troubleshooter there.

Network settings like NAT can be a real rabbit-hole, but basically you want to make sure that your modem and router settings (double NAT, upnp, etc) aren't conflicting.

On 12/2/2020 at 9:50 PM, enright said:

You don't understand how people can live with the most accurate and extensive scenery data set ever created in a flight simulator at any price? One that streams terabytes of data over the Internet and renders it in real time as you fly? Yes - many structures are rendered incorrectly - but that's not sloppiness - that's literally the limit of the sum total of today's AI and imaging technology. Google Earth has the exact same limitation. 

Surely it looks better than the old auto-gen stuff, no?

Nevertheless, approaching Vancouver City from CYPK (Pitt Meadow) is painful for my eyes, maybe not for yours. Currently, I avoid PG city areas or I turn PG off. I hope we will see improvements soon.

- Harry 

i9-13900K (8+16 cores, 16+16 Threads, 5.5 GHz, Aorus X 360 AIO H2O, ASUS Z690 ROG Strix F), 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090 (Alphacool Eiswolf 360 AIO H2O).  Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2 SSD C drive).  MSFS 2020 (MS Store, installed on C, MSFS Content on seperate 2TB M.2 SSD).   P3Dv5.3 (1TB M.2 SSD).

On 12/2/2020 at 3:09 PM, Nemo said:

I think it is (2).

You will also find deformed bridges, harbor cranes and trees in photogrammetry cities. I don't understand how people her can live with this ... I'm using MSFS only for recreational sight seeing flights in non-urban (non photogrammetry) areas.

Since you asked, here is how I live with it. The deformed buildings, etc. are -- for me -- a very minor glitch on the overall experience of flying the whole world in MSMS which is, in general, amazing and often breathtaking. I see the bad-looking stuff only when I fly at low altitude over photogrammetry areas (of which there are relatively few anyway), and there is always the option of switching off the photogrammetry if it becomes annoying. For me, anyway, not a big deal. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, cobalt said:

Since you asked, here is how I live with it. The deformed buildings, etc. are -- for me -- a very minor glitch on the overall experience of flying the whole world in MSMS which is, in general, amazing and often breathtaking. I see the bad-looking stuff only when I fly at low altitude over photogrammetry areas (of which there are relatively few anyway), and there is always the option of switching off the photogrammetry if it becomes annoying. For me, anyway, not a big deal. 

I agree with you in parts. I've always loved to fly to and from larger cities at the US West coast, that's probably why it hits me so strong. Meanwhile, as you suggested, I avoid them and enjoy the rest of the MSFS world. But the question remains, why was Photogrammetry introduced when it looks as it looks right now?

Edited by Nemo

- Harry 

i9-13900K (8+16 cores, 16+16 Threads, 5.5 GHz, Aorus X 360 AIO H2O, ASUS Z690 ROG Strix F), 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090 (Alphacool Eiswolf 360 AIO H2O).  Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2 SSD C drive).  MSFS 2020 (MS Store, installed on C, MSFS Content on seperate 2TB M.2 SSD).   P3Dv5.3 (1TB M.2 SSD).

Cities only really look good for fairly high up, when we get to low altitudes, you realise that modern technology really still needs to massively improve to truly look like real life close up. With that being said MSFS/Asobo/MS what they have achieved in a graphical sense (the systems might come next year and beyond) is truly next gen.

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Ultra, 32GB DDR4 3600 MHz RAM, 2* 1 TB SSD,1*4 TB M.2, 2*1 TB M.2, (4TB) HDD,RADEON RX 6800XT NITRO+ OC SE 16GB GDDR6, NZXT Kraken X73, NZXT 710 Case, X55 JOYSTICK/THROTTLES, LG 4K monitor, Dell 1080 monitor. Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle. Thrustmaster TPR Pedals. Tobii Eye tracker.