Sign in to follow this  
Alvega

Tropical water

5 minutes ago, ChaoticBeauty said:

At last we have a clarification. Jayne posted this regarding yesterday's update.

Still doesn't solve the mystery of existing water masks being removed though. Hopefully it's not a bug that they are overlooking. Those of you with screenshots of the areas that went missing, please report them to Zendesk.

That reminds me of my dim and (thankfully, very distant past) - like SovBloc in the 80's. 

Couldn't light a fag on a street corner in Vienna without it being photographed by someone, somewhere and then examined by another through a high-intensity magnifying glass in some bunker.

Eh-up, them where days. . .not.

There's new masks around Hawaii now, or at least near Honolulu. They were not added with the USA update. Because I was here looking at the new Pearl stuff and elevation, and it did not look like this.

WgqlHk8.png

EF0PVDv.png

5DK4se0.png

EdHqoRr.png

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Oahu (Hawaii) is new (though has some issues), Nassau and Andros Island (Bahamas). That's all I've found so far.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

Still really encouraging to see these come through...and they do look great. Can't wait to test drive these myself...

• Like 4

WOW! This is after the last update:

wKPdyvP.png

JfVZ4j7.png

I don't remember when I saw such beauty!

• Like 4

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Key West and the keys, no joy yet.

aPM3v2L.png

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Stop going on about client updates - it's streamed

Ryzen 5900x - 32gb 3600Mhz RAM - Asus Strix X570-F Motherboard - ASUS TUF OC RTX 3090 - AOC AGON 32" 144Hz - LG OLED55CX5LB 55" Smart 4K Ultra HD HDR OLED - 1TB Sabrent Rocket M.2 + 2TB PCIe4.0 NVMe drive's - Samsung EVO 670 SSD 250gb - 2TB 3.5" HDD - Honeycomb Alpha Flight controls Yoke - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog. T Flight Rudder Pedals - Trackir

It seems they’ve shot themselves in the foot by, in many cases, promoting and selling this sim using imagery that is TO BE, rather than what we are are getting overall now. They are even doing this in-game. Look at that enticing shot of Monument Valley you see at boot up. It’s a far cry from the melted pinnacles you see when you fly it. All this whining and hand-wringing could have been prevented with a little more honesty and explanation. I’m not giving up on it. If, at some point it appears that THEY have, I’m likely to lose interest. But even if that happens, I’ve gotten my money’s worth. I’ve blown a hundred bucks on a lot of other idiotic choices that turned out to be instant busts, with no value at all. 

Intel i7-11700K@3.60 GHZ. 32 GB RTX 4070 Ti OC

On 12/7/2020 at 9:28 PM, Danno said:

It unfortunate but I fire up FSX when I’m cruising tropics. I can only hope MSFS can one day make water as nice as they did with land textures.

LOL If you had watched the last Q and A you would know. The preview videos where taken from dev builds which is different to the public build but they do have a lot of areas which need to be hand masked ready to be included again - I think they did update some areas but the update got removed for some reason. Patience.

10 hours ago, Bosco19 said:

They are even doing this in-game. Look at that enticing shot of Monument Valley you see at boot up. It’s a far cry from the melted pinnacles you see when you fly it

For me it looks close enough, isn't this what you get when you fly up to the pinnacles?

Screenshot-2020-12-11-102419.jpg

• Like 2

Remember where we're coming from?  .
To keep the correct perspective on things, this is default XP 11.50. I'm sure default P3D look just as bad.

Screenshot-2020-12-11-104247.jpg

• Like 1

Omg, when did Hawaii get updated water masks? I don't recall seeing it look like that in the USA update! 

That looks absolutely stunning. Hawaii is starting to look like Hawaii now!

Btw, how do you get this water mask update? Do we have to manually do it through the content manager?

Edited by captain420
  • Like 1

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

4 minutes ago, captain420 said:

Omg, when did Hawaii get updated water masks? I don't recall seeing it look like that in the USA update! 

That looks absolutely stunning. Hawaii is starting to look like Hawaii now!

Cannot wait. Just cleared ILS12 at EKCH, Hawaii will be next. Just wonder whether there are any direct flights from Copenhagen to Maui...

• Like 1

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

I want to do PHTO-PHNL. Can you recommend another good Hawaii route?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU