Sign in to follow this  
cwburnett

Working Title CJ4 v0.8.0 - OPEN BETA - RNAV/LPV, VNAV, FADEC

10 hours ago, MattNischan said:

This may be normal, but I'd need to see your plan. If you add airways, you'll see all the fixes along the airway to your exit on the LEGS page, as the real unit does.

Thanks, in this case it added waypoints that were not along my selected airways.  I’ll try a few more flights and pay very close attention to what MSFS is doing with my simbrief plan and see if this was just a weird MSFS anomaly.

10 hours ago, MattNischan said:

Yes indeed, they are, and it is totally a rocket! You usually pull back into the CLB detent more or less after 500 ft or less of climb, as TO is limited to 5 minutes. Climb should be done at 240kts or .64M after the transition. It's about 27 minutes or so to 45K per the books, and we match that.

Most flights you'd be at 40K cruise or above

Excellent, I need to remind myself that this is not an airliner...I was waiting until 1500AGL to pull back to climb power so I’ll do so much earlier next flight.

On the climb speed I was super impressed that simbrief gave me a cruising altitude of FL430 on the short SAN-LAS hop!

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

2 minutes ago, regis9 said:

Thanks, in this case it added waypoints that were not along my selected airways.  I’ll try a few more flights and pay very close attention to what MSFS is doing with my simbrief plan and see if this was just a weird MSFS anomaly.

If you wouldn't mind, could you post the route?

-Matt

11 hours ago, Dillon said:

I just auto generated an IFR high altitude flight from KSBA to KLAS. This issue constantly comes up one waypoint from departure where the plan is broken in the FMC and will not let me resolve it by placing the next waypoint into the FMC to clear the discontinuity.

I just get this when I generate that flight:

E7EZIam.png (441×304) (imgur.com)

Did you select any departures, arrivals, or approaches on the flight planner in the main menu? So far, it matches what I see here:

vLvtzb6.png (1992×256) (imgur.com)

-Matt

What's the most fuel efficient cruising speed and altitude?

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

27 minutes ago, MattNischan said:

If you wouldn't mind, could you post the route?

-Matt

Sure it was KSAN/27 - KLAS/26L via: PADRZ2 CHKNN DCT SEBBY DCT YELAH DCT MISEN KEPEC6

After takeoff ATC kept telling me to proceed direct MOMAR so that is one of the errant waypoints (that is no where near my Simbrief flight plan).

Edited by regis9

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Just now, odourboy said:

What's the most fuel efficient cruising speed and altitude?

As high as you can go and as fast as you can go.

You'll get a little more range by pulling the throttles back a little during cruise, but it isn't a ton. That may sound surprising, but that's how these planes are generally flown. Those execs have to get to their golf tourneys 😉

-Matt

• Upvote 1

On flight planning/FMS I’m curious if it’s possible/planned to be able to load a flight plan in MSFS but not have it populate in the FMS so we can use default ATC but still manually enter our route or use the simbrief integration in the FMS?

Dave

30 minutes ago, regis9 said:

Sure it was KSAN/27 - KLAS/26L via: PADRZ2 CHKNN DCT SEBBY DCT YELAH DCT MISEN KEPEC6

After takeoff ATC kept telling me to proceed direct MOMAR so that is one of the errant waypoints (that is no where near my Simbrief flight plan).

I'm super sorry, I read back and noticed a pretty important detail I missed. If you're importing the Simbrief plan into the MSFS planner, then whatever waypoints it picks wouldn't have anything to do with the CJ4. We haven't replaced the default planner in any way, just what's in the plane. An alternative would be to import the Simbrief plan right in the FMC, and enable plan sync in mod settings in the FMC (if you want to use the sim ATC), which may give you a more accurate route.

That being said, the full PADRZ departure does take you a bunch north, and MOMAR is more along a direct route to the KEPEC arrival from KSAN, so it's possible ATC was just giving you a more direct routing. But I'm not sure.

-Matt

22 minutes ago, regis9 said:

On flight planning/FMS I’m curious if it’s possible/planned to be able to load a flight plan in MSFS but not have it populate in the FMS so we can use default ATC but still manually enter our route or use the simbrief integration in the FMS?

Yes indeed, we have that built and queued up for the next patch, coming later today. With plan sync off, the MSFS plan will no longer load into the FMC on flight start.

-Matt

• Like 1

I have done a flight from MYSM to KPAM, I was on my descent, playing with the FMS when trying to access the Arrival Data the FMS screen goes black.

Rest of the plane behave ok but I could not get back the FMS screen.

20 minutes ago, Bushido5 said:

I have done a flight from MYSM to KPAM, I was on my descent, playing with the FMS when trying to access the Arrival Data the FMS screen goes black.

We got some good repros for this issue, and that should also be fixed in today's upcoming patch. 🙂

-Matt

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MattNischan said:

I just get this when I generate that flight:

E7EZIam.png (441×304) (imgur.com)

Did you select any departures, arrivals, or approaches on the flight planner in the main menu? So far, it matches what I see here:

vLvtzb6.png (1992×256) (imgur.com)

-Matt

This may be it, I chose a departure and approach in my flight plan.

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Just now, Dillon said:

This may be it, I chose a departure and approach in my flight plan.

Do you happen to know which ones you chose, by any chance?

-Matt

1 hour ago, Ricardo41 said:

So, is the consensus that using the default flight planner in MSFS causes CTDs`?

Seems you'll have more than CTD's with the default flight planner, if you use SID/STAR's from the default flight planner your departure plan in the FMC will be broken with no way to correct it. 

Edited by Dillon

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2