Sign in to follow this  
Tom_L

Terrain issues after 1.12.13.0 update

I corrected what I found around Monterey (KMRY) and Seattle, but only found a couple north of Seattle.
New version going up in about 30 minutes. NYC is now even further refined, and so is Colorado as well.

1 hour ago, John Fields said:

Same in north of Seattle!

I only found 2, one was kind of big though. Can you be more specific, nearest airport and distance and direction from that airport?

Edited by Alpine Scenery

AMD 5800x | Nvidia 3080 (12gb) | 64gb ram

On 12/23/2020 at 6:26 PM, Tom_L said:

ASOBO never disappoints when it comes to entertaining us with never-seen-before simulation highlights. And how should it be different with the latest update? I took a flight from LOWS - my first post-patch - and noticed immediately some volcanic activities to the north: three huge carbuncles that weren't there before. And sure enough at my destination in LIRQ i found more anomalies in the approach path.

If you don't enjoy these "presents" as much as I do, you may consider voting here to make sure they get aware of your mental constitution 🤣

Oh, and a P.S.: If you don't see anything unusual - fine for you and not worth a single post.

zkfoYRV.jpg

Did you find a fix for this ??

I9 12900k@ 5 GHz | 32 GB DDR4 | Asus ROG  Strix Z690-A Gaming Wifi d4| RTX 4090 | 6 TB SSD + 8 TB HDD | 8K Samsung Q900A 65" | VKB MK III PRO L | Virpil Throttle MONGOOST-50 | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR5

16 minutes ago, Sphynnx said:

Did you find a fix for this ??

Hi:

There is no fix for Europe's issues short of waiting on Asobo, or a third party developer creates one over at FlightSim.TO. So, the elevation errors have always existed, it's just after this last patch they are appearing closer to the most popular and largest cities. Before it was primarily in the countryside or suburbs.

The problem is these fixes are VERY tedious to create, and Asobo keeps resetting the terrain. Therefore, it is disheartening for any 3PDev because when Asobo resets it again all that work is for nothing each time. So it's ring around the mountain and a pocket full of water popups (or something).

Edited by Alpine Scenery
  • Upvote 1

Thanks a million 

So, this issue occurs only in Europe? 

I9 12900k@ 5 GHz | 32 GB DDR4 | Asus ROG  Strix Z690-A Gaming Wifi d4| RTX 4090 | 6 TB SSD + 8 TB HDD | 8K Samsung Q900A 65" | VKB MK III PRO L | Virpil Throttle MONGOOST-50 | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR5

1 minute ago, Sphynnx said:

Thanks a million 

So, this issue occurs only in Europe? 

It is worldwide but sporadic, I have fixed some of the most popular places in the US as a temp solution with a mod, but being one person and it being XMAS, no time to work on Europe (and because I know Asobo is going to reset it again). I would give Asobo until the next update, that is when they will change it again most likely.

Edited by Alpine Scenery

There is a now a post on the official MS forums. They are aware and asking for screen shots and coordinates of these.

SAR Pilot. Flight Sim'ing since the beginning.

21 hours ago, spitzer45 said:

i think with every new update asobo cut down graphics to gain some fps and to sell more copy and this should be microsoft's priority. Lod issues, coastline glitches, terrain spikes, pixelated clouds... every new update, some more new features will be added to sim.

Unfortunately you might be right. This is becoming a joke. When this came out in august, it was very good. VFR was great, it just needed some optimization. Flying my steam gauges 172 in daytime over Florence, Rome, Sardinia, Saint Barth, was so beautifully rewarding that I was more than happy to wait for airliners and autopilots.

We all remember that the devs were so passionate about visual quality that they asked us to find and signal artifacts like the infamous black hole in Brazil.

Then:

- water quality was reduced to x-plane level

- watermasks disappeared

- dragon teeth started to appear on island coastlines

- clouds were nerfed

- lod was reduced with continuous scenery popping even close to the aircraft

- terrain pyramids appeared everywhere

meaning that they started caring less and less about visual quality.

Meanwhile, was the airbus autopilot improved? No.

Was the stuttering problem solved? In part, yes. Now we have pauses of about 1 second now and then.

This is not what I bought after trying it for a week. This is something else.

For now, I'm back to Aerowinx PSX and X-Plane for scenery. At least they actually IMPROVE with new releases. 

Too bad.

Andrea

p.s.: For those who do not experience the above, and those who think this is not a big issue after all: please appreciate that we may have a different judgement.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

And if all theses modifications were only to be able to release XBox version (hardware is less performant than your PC) for only ONE reason: money and clients !

Hope that XBOX version can be release and Asobo can work really on PC version.

Edited by lagaffe

Best regards, Didier "Lagaffe"

Boitier HAF 932 / ASUS Z390 STRIX-F Gaming / i9 9900K / Cruxial Ballistic 32 Go à 3200 Ghz / Gigabyte RTX 3060 Ti / 34" Samsung FreeSync 21:9
SSD: Samsung 1To + 2 Cruxial 256 Go / Stockage : WD 4To et WD 2 To / Hotas Warthog and Throttle Cougar

1 hour ago, lagaffe said:

Hope that XBOX version can be release and Asobo can work really on PC version.

My experience is that past performance is generally a good indicator of future expectations, unless there are huge overhauls in how a program is being run. 

I'd recommend keeping your expectations low, so as not to be disappointed. 

AMD 3950X | 64GB RAM | AMD 5700XT | CH Fighterstick / Pro Throttle / Pro Pedals

11 hours ago, Alpine Scenery said:

It seems Asobo runs some type of server-side cleaning algorithm they have been tweaking to try to fix it, but every time they do, the algorithm creates new ones and fixes others.

It's the classic car mechanic "fix one bulge in the bodywork and another appears elsewhere..."

4 hours ago, ADamiani said:

When this came out in august, it was very good. VFR was great, it just needed some optimization. Flying my steam gauges 172 in daytime over Florence, Rome, Sardinia, Saint Barth, was so beautifully rewarding that I was more than happy to wait for airliners and autopilots

I agree 100%, it really was incredible! I was flying every single day!

4 hours ago, ADamiani said:

Then:

- water quality was reduced to x-plane level

- watermasks disappeared

- dragon teeth started to appear on island coastlines

- clouds were nerfed

- lod was reduced with continuous scenery popping even close to the aircraft

- terrain pyramids appeared everywhere

Also, agree 100%, I experience the exact same issues & I have stopped flying all together. I am currently enjoying DCS full time.

It really is frustrating, especially after spending over $120 Canadian for the premium deluxe edition on day 1. Anyway I'm still following the forums and hoping for some fixes coming soon. I really want MSFS to succeed ...and also to start making me happy again!

Either way, fingers crossed and Merry Xmas to all.

4790k / 16gb / 1080ti / lotsa ssd's / 1440p / TM Warthog & Tflight Pedals 

19 hours ago, Alpine Scenery said:

I corrected what I found around Monterey (KMRY) and Seattle, but only found a couple north of Seattle.
New version going up in about 30 minutes. NYC is now even further refined, and so is Colorado as well.

I only found 2, one was kind of big though. Can you be more specific, nearest airport and distance and direction from that airport?

Yes, there are just two spikes in in the form of a pyramid.