Sign in to follow this  
Tom_L

Terrain issues after 1.12.13.0 update

4 hours ago, Cyrex1984 said:

Have the same problem in Norway. High spires and towers from mordor that disappears when flying closer.

I'm getting quite a few of these in the UK.  My home airport is EGGD and there are 4 or 5 visible in the circuit.  I've seen a few in other parts of the UK as well.  As they disappear when you get close, I assume they relate to the the increased LOD in the mesh. A lot of work if someone has to fix these individually.

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

They didn't increase any DEM resolution in this last update AFIK, but they may have without notifying us.

However, they are primarily water elevation errors, though some of the spires might be from something else as well. It seems Asobo runs some type of server-side cleaning algorithm they have been tweaking to try to fix it, but every time they do, the algorithm creates new ones and fixes others. It is also possible they are manually fixing some of them or at least using scripts to identify the coordinates from pre-existing freeware mods' DEM files.

AMD 5800x | Nvidia 3080 (12gb) | 64gb ram

I'm sure that this has been pointed out. Just north of EGCC

U0ZrfWG.png

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

They even manage to ruin even more parts of the Caribbean:

XHR9jIg.png

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

22 minutes ago, awash2002 said:

Same in Calhoun GA KCZL 

This area was primarily fixed in my first release this morning, but I refined it a bit more and have another release being posted in about 1 hour. Also more fixes for NYC and Baltimore.

AMD 5800x | Nvidia 3080 (12gb) | 64gb ram

Wondering if others are seeing the same.  Since the last update, I'm seeing these spikes in the terrain all over the place.  Usually they smooth out as I get closer to them, but talk about an immersion killer!

[ This Content Is Restricted To Avsim Premium Members ]

Yes, a lot of us are seeing it also.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Yes, after the last update, they are EVERYWHERE.

I thought they said they are delaying update to test to make sure it's bug free before release.

Edited by BijanStudio
  • Upvote 1

Gaming Laptop:
MSI GS75 Stealth 5.6GHz Intel Core i9 - 10th gen 16 core CPU  -  32 GB DDR4 SDRAM  - 1TB SSD - RTX 2080 Super - 1920x1080 - 3 fans and cooling pipes.

There were some at the south region at KASE (aspen) when trying to experience snowy weather.  The spikes would randomly disappear and reappear.

MSFS Alpha tester on W10 Pro x64. Hardware: AMD 5900X 12 core CPU. Cooler Master ML360R AIO, Asus X570-E mobo, Asus Strix 3090 24GB gfx card, G.Skill TridentZ 64GB (4x16) DDR4-3600 RAM, Samsung 970 250GB SSD (OS), Samsung 980 Pro 1TB M.2 pcie-4 NVMe SSD (MSFS install). EVGA 850w Gold cert PSU, CUK Continuum full ATX tower.  43" Sceptre 4K display. VR: HP Reverb G2.

11 hours ago, Alpine Scenery said:

Which parts of California?

I have seen several lake issues, but not any spires, you seeing spires?

I saw a bunch yesterday departing KMRY to the northeast. I was shocked because I’ve been flying this area exclusively for the last ten days or so since Air Hauler 2 came out and the area has been perfect before the update. 

Hmm, well another four updates and maybe they'll be fixed.  Does anyone know if it has been reported?

[ This Content Is Restricted To Avsim Premium Members ]